2019 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

With the next pick the Atl Air force selects 
arg5rmma6bkjijsady8v.jpg

Damian Lillard

Born: July 15, 1990 (Age: 29-004d) in Oakland, California us

College: Weber State University

High School: Oakland in Oakland, California

Draft: Portland Trail Blazers, 1st round (6th pick, 6th overall), 2012 NBA Draft

NBA Debut: October 31, 2012

Experience: 7 years

Lillard has already proven that he can lead my team to a championship .He led my hawksquawk fantasy team to the 2018-2019 championship 😋
tr_nba_1_2018.png
Lillard is an explosive scorer with deep 3 range ,and will give Leonard more space to operate than he has ever had.
You don't want to face this team in a close game. Both Damian ,and Kawhi are clutch in crunch time. 

PG. Damian Lillard
SF. Kawhi Leonard
giphy.gif

@IheartVolt 

Edited by pimp
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, pimp said:

With the next pick the Atl Air force selects 
arg5rmma6bkjijsady8v.jpg

Damian Lillard

Born: July 15, 1990 (Age: 29-004d) in Oakland, California us

College: Weber State University

High School: Oakland in Oakland, California

Draft: Portland Trail Blazers, 1st round (6th pick, 6th overall), 2012 NBA Draft

NBA Debut: October 31, 2012

Experience: 7 years

Lillard has already proven that he can lead my team to a championship He lead my hawksquawk fantasy team to the 2018-2019 championship 😋
tr_nba_1_2018.png
Lillard is an explosive scorer with deep 3 range ,and will give Leonard more space to operate than he has ever had.
You don't want to face this team in a close game. Both Damian ,and Kawhi are clutch in crunch time. 

PG. Damian Lillard
SF. Kawhi Leonard
giphy.gif

@IheartVolt 

Great pick. This is exactly why I went ahead and took my preferred PG. Last season the top 5 or more PG's were gone by the time it snaked around to me at the end of the 2nd round.

3 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

The Flaming Flamingos are thinking big. We want our PF to be aggressive on the boards, the ability to drive and work inside on the offensive end of the floor, as well as being a young up and coming All-Star in this league with the ability to jump out of the gym.

With our pick the Flaming Flamingo's pick John Collins to anchor our PF position. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7dlr9jdc3u8hz80/200w.gif?dl=0

With Steph anchoring the PG position, John can continue to enjoy accurate lobs as he has become accustomed to and efficient passes as well. 

Pg-Curry

PF-Collins

We got another Hawk off the board! Schlenk you have done well 😀

@lethalweapon3 you are up.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

We got another Hawk off the board! Schlenk you have done well 😀

@lethalweapon3 you are up.

Yes it was not a homer pick either. I wanted to hit PF next and I honestly could not find anyone at that position I would rather have over John.. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

With the 17th Pick in the Second Round of the 2019 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, Lethal Nas X selects:

Kemba-Walker-Ranger-e1482889033278.jpg

You’re not gonna need that cowboy hat where you’re headed, Kemba Hudley Walker (Point Guard, 6’1”, 185 lbs., Age 29 as of 10/1/2019). How about donning a patriotic tricorne instead? Either get-up you choose, with Lethal Nas X, you'll be able to take your horse to an Old Town Road somewhere!

I’ll have more in this space on the New England Ranger a little later.

Meanwhile, the best “21” since Forever, @capstone21 has been PM’d and has the floor!

~lw3

Another top 5 PG bites the Squawk draft dust, Great pick!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I had my sights set on Kemba. Damn.

Point Guards never last in this draft. Someone said a long time ago it was because Hawks fans are PG starved. That was before Trae 😀

Edited by Buzzard
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Point Guards never last in this draft. Someone said a long time ago it was because Hawks fans are PG starved. That was before Trae 😀

So one quick question. Should my focus be stat stuffing, or team building based on who I already took?

Just now, bleachkit said:

So one quick question. Should my focus be stat stuffing, or team building based on who I already took?

That really goes to how the GM wants to look at it. Several ways to go about it. Take BPA or start filling slots until you have a starting five. Other things I have seen:

Vets = win now

Vets/Youth mix = win now and in the future

Youth movement totally for the future

The last one is the hardest from where I sit simply because you are bound to have some reaches/bust.

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

That really goes to how the GM wants to look at it. Several ways to go about it. Take BPA or start filling slots until you have a starting five. Other things I have seen:

Vets = win now

Vets/Youth mix = win now and in the future

Youth movement totally for the future

The last one is the hardest from where I sit simply because you are bound to have some reaches/bust.

How are winners determined?

Just now, bleachkit said:

How are winners determined?

There really is no winner. We look at each others teams and make comments sometimes. But one, two, three years from now when you look back, the great picks and bad ones will be glaringly obvious. I think Spud uploads a spreadsheet to NBA 2K and runs a simulated season sometimes also.