• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Please, take Zion's short fat ass to the gym. Get back to me in a few months. 😎

Have you seen him at the free throw line? The way he licks his licks like Mike! He’s a Jordan clone in a bigger body I’m tellin ya. This kid is gonna be something else.

ps He’s not eating gumbo protein style so we can all relax a bit 😆 

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Have you seen him at the free throw line? The way he licks his licks like Mike! He’s a Jordan clone in a bigger body I’m tellin ya. This kid is gonna be something else.

ps He’s not eating gumbo protein style so we can all relax a bit 😆 

He will be a mismatch beast. I do think the reports of him having problems with the taller bigger centers will be accurate in certain circumstances. He will still get his but maybe not as easily as he did in college.

• Like 1

• Moderators

No worries, bk! I dismissed those "Scrubs" so easily even Left Eye would've been impressed.

So... "Comrades..." looks like I'm back to an 8-hour wait now that Cap made his last pick, eh? Rushed back here hoping for 1-hour. But whoever I take will be worth the wait!

~lw3

• Haha 1

• Moderators

((is this thing on? testing, testing, one, two, testing, one, two. okay, away we go...))

With the 24th Pick in the Third Round of the 2019 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, Lethal Nas X selects:

D-RGzXEW4AIRlRI.jpg

Half of your heart is in Little Havana, Jimmy Butler III (Shooting Guard/Small Forward, 6’8”, 230 lbs., Age 30 as of 10/1/2019)? Ooh, nah, nah. We’ll take you, back to East Atlanta! Ooh, la-la!

He can quit burning holes through his teammates’ stomachs with his curt words and glares. In a position to choose a Summer Dynasty League home of his own for the first time in his storied career, Jimmy Butler selected LNX, and can now turn his attention to scorching the nets, as well as opponents’ offensive game plans.

The tumultuous tyrant from Tomball, Texas can stand all the heat that he creates and brings upon himself. But you probably shouldn’t blame Butler for leaving a surefire 2020 title contender, especially to a team that aims to be as stocked with talent as LNX. At this destination, he’ll have an All-Star point guard who, after a few seasons as a youngster, re-fashioned himself into a decent three-point threat.

He’ll also link up once more with Joel Embiid. Jimmy arrived late to the City of Brotherly Shove, but in just over 900 minutes on the floor together, his tandem with Embiid produced a net +8,5, including a two-man team best of +9.3 made free throws.

Burrowing through three teams in three seasons, leaving two teams smoldering in his wake, has cost Butler in terms of reputation and accolades. Forcing his way onto incrementally more talented teams in that span, Jimmy’s per-game production stayed reasonably at or above his career numbers. But without needing the ball in his hands as much, his scoring output has slipped below 20 PPG, while his field-goal shooting slumped at his last stop. No All-League love in 2019, just a handful of All-Defensive votes after being Second-Team the prior four seasons, edged out of the voting by fans and coaches for the All-Star Game.

Even without the positive press and the hardware, as Butler (top-5 in SPG in last three seasons) enters his 30s, he remains well-regarded across the League as being among a handful of shutdown-quality wing defenders. His combination of size, crafty hands and lateral quickness allows him to switch defensively onto any of four positions on most nights. That makes him a valuable commodity, particularly when needed to play alongside the undersized Kemba Walker in the backcourt.

Butler remains an excellent secondary passer on offense. His 9.1 turnover percentage (as per bball-ref) ranks 7th among the League’s likely-returning active players. He elevated his 2.76 assist/TO ratio during the regular-season in the playoffs, dishing out a postseason career-best 5.2 APG while committing just 1.8 TOs/game.

Despite being better known as a steals artist and a stout man defender, his career Offensive Rating currently ranks 4th among active players, second among non-bigs. Collaborating with Walker (#1 in TO% among active PGs, as per bball-ref; both players Top-12 among actives for career Offensive BPM) on LNX, quality possession control will be the name of the game, and that ought to prove beneficial for the growth of the occasionally sloppy Embiid.

Kemba and Jimmy offer the possibility of a unique “fire ‘n ice” backcourt combo for LNX, But as they enter the fourth decade of their lives, the duo will need some young guns to eventually pass the torch, as they transition from All-Star candidates to handsomely-paid Sixth Man Award contenders over the next five years. Finally situated in a place he genuinely wants to be, here’s hoping Butler uses the torch as motivation whenever he tries to light a fire under the newbies.

Let’s get a jolt of energy from @IheartVolt! He has been PM’d and is sure to wow us again with the next scintillating pick!

~lw3

• Like 3

• Admin

Never mind ... missed the deadline as I was traveling... Butler was gone ... I will take Jrue Holiday.  Once again someone to line up next to Booker who can make up for his defensive shortcomings... he is going to beast this year and love the backcourt that we have setup.

• Like 4

With the 25th pick The Flaming Flamingo's select an up and coming star anchoring a very nice looking squad out in the great state of Utah. Playmaking ability and offensive prowess is what we want to pair with our superstar MVP point guard.

Donovan Mitchell shall join the squad that is sure to win us alot if games.

PG- Steph Curry

SG- Donovan Mitchell

PF- John Collins..

Looking to turn some heads every time they step on the floor..

@pimp is up next

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

Sorry for the long quote is was a oops

💩 I like Mitchell a lot. I want to say I had him on a fantasy or dynasty. He’s a boss. Ur team is nothing nice ... 😬 Collins crazy underrated too around the league not with us or anything lol.

• Like 1

With the 26th pick in the draft , the ATL Air Force selects

Kevin Durant

duranttrophies.jpg

Born: September 29, 1988 (Age: 30-294d) in Washington, District of Columbia us

College: University of Texas at Austin

Draft: Seattle SuperSonics, 1st round (2nd pick, 2nd overall), 2007 NBA Draft

NBA Debut: October 31, 2007

Experience: 12 years

26pts - 6.4 rebs - 5.9 asts

KD will miss the up coming season due to injury. 

A torn Achilles is a tough injury to return from, but even if Durant is just 85% of his former self, he would still be a top ten talent in the league. He's only 30 years old , so we feel like he's a steal at pick 26. Once he is healthy, he will join Lillard and Kawhi , and form one of the most lethal offensive forces the NBA has ever seen.
duranthawks.jpg

Damian Lillard
Kawhi Leonard
Kevin Durant

@AHF

Edited by pimp
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

💩 I like Mitchell a lot. I want to say I had him on a fantasy or dynasty. He’s a boss. Ur team is nothing nice ... 😬 Collins crazy underrated too around the league not with us or anything lol.

Don't sip on the Hateraid too much.. I have a nice bottle cognac

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

The Commish @AHF has up until 3 PM Eastern for his pick. Then, after @LucastheThird, does Team AWOL (Nick ;n Diez) get 1 hour, or 8 hours?

~lw3

That is a great question since neither owner has come on. Normally, if the last pick was on time, it goes back to 8 hours. I don't know if it was on time.

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

That is a great question since neither owner has come on. Normally, if the last pick was on time, it goes back to 8 hours. I don't know if it was on time.

I think if Jay is on the site between now and the end of their hour, she would make the pick, if not a mod should take the best available player from the list AHF provided.

“With 4 votes in favor of contracting at this point, we are going to eliminate one roster.  Spud gets to make his pick and then if Jay or Nich/D haven't shown up, I'll take the next player from this fantasy list and we'll keep rolling.  (This list was updated last week which seems to be as recent a list as a quick google search locates.)

https://www.fantraxhq.com/2019-fantasy-basketball-rankings/

First one of Nich or D to show up gets to run with that 10th team.”

• Like 1