• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

3 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

((Sorry bout those edits! Had to do it... demz the rulez!))

~lw3

Crap! I just saw what I did. Sorry lw3 I try and reread after for errors. Slipped by me. My bad. Erase that entire paragraph if needed please. Or that sentence if it reveals too much. Thanks. 🙏🏿 

Edited by Spud2nique

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Crap! I just saw what I did. Sorry lw3 I try and reread after for errors. Slipped by me. My bad. Erase that entire paragraph if needed please. Or that sentence if it reveals too much. Thanks. 🙏🏿 

Naw, it's all good now! Great pick!

~lw3

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I just thought it might be him for some reason. Big D likes the spotlight and Zion will certainly be in it.

i'll let you know who it was as soon as he get's picked. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pimp said:

Is this a record?
Is pick #11 the earliest that a rookie has been taken?
i started doing the dynasty draft in 2016 , and this is the earliest if have seen a rook get picked?

Good question. Answer probably can’t be revealed due to other player names...Anthony Davis probably went early in 2012... 🤔 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

With the 12th pick, Team Yet To Be Determined had a hard choice to make.  So many young, proven vets out there.  How to pick the right one?  

The answer is to go to the well with JayBirdHawk who had the vision to identify the one guy who is the right fit.  

To pair with offensive dynamo KAT, this team has decided to lean into explosive offensive players and take a 27 year old NBA champ.  Coming off his age 26 season, he now has a career average 22 ppg on a cool .571% TS% driven by a stellar 39% career 3pt% on high volume attempts to go with his 6 assists and 3.5 rebounds per game.  This dynamic PG will help lead the team into the future.  

His motto:  "You can't fit a round ball into a flat hole."

Kyrie Irving

Kyrie-Irving-reveals-his-flat-earth-theo

@LucastheThird is on the clock

Giving Kat a All-Star PG is a great plan. What is up Timberwolves?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

A one-time former Hawks "All-Star PG" is not pleased! lol

~lw3

I know right! Many levels to All-Star. Championship level, one time level, and everything in between.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Well this was made super easy for me. My second pick is a MVP candidate year in and year out: PAUL GEORGE

paul-george-wallpaper-hd.jpg

Jokic won't have to be my main scoring focus and can spread himself out like the impactful stat stuffer he is.

@AHF is up on the clock

@Spud2nique  That is who i was gonna take for Diesel.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I know right! Many levels to All-Star. Championship level, one time level, and everything in between.

Or the never should have been there level 😶

1 minute ago, AHF said:

This was last year's writeup.  Can't fault the logic and feel really good about the pick with the benefit of hindsight so let's make it two for two.  Balance remains the goal with our second pick:

29780d7375dadd6a7b5ae19ec9da7cfc.jpg

And this 27 year old (happy belated birthday from June 26) provides the perfect balance to the league's best scorer and offensive wing as the top defender in the NBA and a super high efficiency scorer who doesn't need the ball in his hands.

With the 14th pick, the U-Niques select:

Rudy Gobert

What is the update since last year?

1. Well, Gobert added another DPOY award.  Again.  For the second consecutive year.  1st Team All-NBA D of course.
  2. All-NBA.
  3. He was #2 in the league in total rebounds, putting up 12.9 per game.
  4. He was #2 in the league in total blocks, putting up 2.3 per game to go with nearly a steal as well.
  5. He increased his scoring to 16 per game at a league leading .669% efg% and league leading .682% TS% with a career high 18 pp36 rate.

So best defender in the game who denies easy baskets to all opponents while swallowing up rebounds and continuing to increase his scoring at league leading %s?  Yep.

We good with a return of Rudy.  Welcome back home Mr. Gobert.

usp_nba__utah_jazz_at_minnesota_timberwo

U-Niques:

James Harden

Rudy Gobert

@pimp is on the clock

George and Gobert were two of the few left, I was hoping would keep dropping. Wishful thinking but a GM has to dream!

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

This was last year's writeup.  Can't fault the logic and feel really good about the pick with the benefit of hindsight so let's make it two for two.  Balance remains the goal with our second pick:

29780d7375dadd6a7b5ae19ec9da7cfc.jpg

And this 27 year old (happy belated birthday from June 26) provides the perfect balance to the league's best scorer and offensive wing as the top defender in the NBA and a super high efficiency scorer who doesn't need the ball in his hands.

Rudy Gobert

What is the update since last year?

1. Well, Gobert added another DPOY award.  Again.  For the second consecutive year.  1st Team All-NBA D of course.
  2. All-NBA.
  3. He was #2 in the league in total rebounds, putting up 12.9 per game.
  4. He was #2 in the league in total blocks, putting up 2.3 per game to go with nearly a steal as well.
  5. He increased his scoring to 16 per game at a league leading .669% efg% and league leading .682% TS% with a career high 18 pp36 rate.

So best defender in the game who denies easy baskets to all opponents while swallowing up rebounds and continuing to increase his scoring at league leading %s?  Yep.

We good with a return of Rudy.  Welcome back home Mr. Gobert.

usp_nba__utah_jazz_at_minnesota_timberwo

U-Niques:

James Harden

Rudy Gobert

@pimp is on the clock

You should be disqualified for snooping around my damn draft board! 🤯

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Rudy Gobert

that was my guy!!
tenor.gif?itemid=4961642
i need to regroup and go in another direction. Leonard and Gobert would have been a defensive nightmare 😭

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, pimp said:

that was my guy!!
tenor.gif?itemid=4961642
i need to regroup and go in another direction. Leonard and Gobert would have been a defensive nightmare 😭

Well put your fanny pack back on and get to work will ya? Oh and don't take my next pick!

Edited by IheartVolt

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, pimp said:

that was my guy!!
tenor.gif?itemid=4961642

Can't disagree on that.  They would have destroyed opposing offenses.  And props for the outstanding gif usage.  Makes me want to rewatch the Shining!

• Like 2