• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

There really is no winner. We look at each others teams and make comments sometimes. But one, two, three years from now when you look back, the great picks and bad ones will be glaringly obvious. I think Spud uploads a spreadsheet to NBA 2K and runs a simulated season sometimes also.

Exactly.  No firm winner or loser.  Just fodder for future discussion.  You'll see where we did some of that a couple times in the past - we seen discussion that are more "narrative" as well as after the fact or forward looking data driven discussions (showing performance based on some actual data and standard or future projections, etc.).  

• Like 1

• Moderators

Sorry, but it looks like you may have to wait until the morning, @bleachkit! I was supposed to try to get my pick in before 3 PM but got too tied up and missed it by 4 minutes. As a result of that, capstone's 8-hour Draft Clock rolls over into 7:04 AM Eastern tomorrow, if he doesn't get a pick in by 11 PM tonight. I sent an e-mail to him a few hours back, but it may be to no avail. Sleep well and make a great pick in the morning!

~lw3

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Sorry, but it looks like you may have to wait until the morning, @bleachkit! I was supposed to try to get my pick in before 3 PM but got too tied up and missed it by 4 minutes. As a result of that, capstone's 8-hour Draft Clock rolls over into 7:04 AM Eastern tomorrow, if he doesn't get a pick in by 11 PM tonight. I sent an e-mail to him a few hours back, but it may be to no avail. Sleep well and make a great pick in the morning!

~lw3

I sent him a PM a few minutes ago also. I thought he had until around 8 in the morning; but I do not see exact time stamps.

2 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

~lw3

You very by the book I see, you should have been a lawyer.

• Like 2

• Moderators

@bleachkit and then @Buzzard, y'all look like y'all are good to go!

I'm gonna be out of pocket all morning and much of this afternoon, but I intend to be back to pick before 6. If I get too tied up I'll PM somebody with my Draft Board to take a pick on my behalf.

~lw3

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

@bleachkit and then @Buzzard, y'all look like y'all are good to go!

I'm gonna be out of pocket all morning and much of this afternoon, but I intend to be back to pick before 6. If I get too tied up I'll PM somebody with my Draft Board to take a pick on my behalf.

~lw3

I am ready and will get this moving along again no later than 3:10 PM. I am thinking @bleachkit is ready also when he gets back. Hopefully they both get back before then.

With the 20th pick in the Squawk Draft the Flocking Buzzards select Deandre Ayton. Man this was a tough choice but given his rookie season and the way it translated from college to pro almost seamlessly, I had to pull the trigger. He is already one of the top rebounding bigs in the NBA and one day he could lead in that category. The biggest knock on him is defense and though warranted, he had one of the best DBPM of any Suns starter at +0.2. I think he may one day be able to shoot from three and if not, his .746 FT% is not a detriment in the 4th quarter. He will be on the floor at crunch time. Expectations are high and I think he will continue improve in every area.

Spud stole my triple play with Luka! But I still got to double down with Trae and Ayton!

46885250_259880801363404_585631149148497

@Buzzard I am working on it.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

With the 20th pick in the Squawk Draft the Flocking Buzzards select Deandre Ayton. Man this was a tough choice but given his rookie season and the way it translated from college to pro almost seamlessly, I had to pull the trigger. He is already one of the top rebounding bigs in the NBA and one day he could lead in that category. The biggest knock on him is defense and though warranted, he had one of the best DBPM of any Suns starter at +0.2. I think he may one day be able to shoot from three and if not, his .746 FT% is not a detriment in the 4th quarter. He will be on the floor at crunch time. Expectations are high and I think he will continue improve in every area.

Spud stole my triple play with Luka! But I still got to double down with Trae and Ayton!

46885250_259880801363404_585631149148497

@Buzzard I am working on it.

Why is my guy in the middle? Infringement rights...? Ever heard of them???

😆 nice pic.

Trae+Ayton 

vs

Luka+Zion

Cage match! (West 4th street/Greenwich village...NYC)

*tickets running low..almost sold out.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1

The Flock is jumping on the 2018 Draft Bandwagon in full force. This is another reach for future stardom. With his All Rookie 1st Team selection, ranking 14th in blocks, and 7th in block percentage we think he is the perfect long term stretch four to play alongside Trae and Ayton. Please welcome to the Flock Jaren Jackson Jr.

Jaren-Jackson-Jr..jpg

@bleachkitis up and has been sent a PM.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Why is my guy in the middle? Infringement rights...? Ever heard of them???

😆 nice pic.

Trae+Ayton 

vs

Luka+Zion

Cage match! (West 4th street/Greenwich village...NYC)

*tickets running low..almost sold out.

Maybe he needs bookends to help hold his clumsy ass up 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Ok so am i going with the Aussie Ben Simmons, Maybe Not an ideal fit with Giannis, but if Embiid and Simmons can work, then Giannis and Simmons can work. Like Morey says, collect the best talent and figure it out later. 

I was going to take Simmons if he dropped and then have to decide between a few other players. Someone taking Simmons was expected but damn it was close.

18 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

The Flock is jumping on the 2018 Draft Bandwagon in full force. This is another reach for future stardom. With his All Rookie 1st Team selection, ranking 14th in blocks, and 7th in block percentage we think he is the perfect long term stretch four to play alongside Trae and Ayton. Please welcome to the Flock Jaren Jackson Jr.

Jaren-Jackson-Jr..jpg

@bleachkitis up and has been sent a PM.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeach out and touch a JJJ