• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

The Big KAT is selected for @Nicholasp27.

I considered KAT at #1 again. That is where I took him last season. I am not knocking any of the picks. I think its a testament to how deep the league is getting with the influx of talent these past five or so years.

• Like 2

Wow. Bird does like me! 😊 She really does. Thanks 🦅! KAT is solid but I hadn’t considered him as a finalist. Gimme a second. 

😂 ok I’m sorry it’s just a very surreal?...ironic moment right now. I just.... 😊 it’s just funny 😄..my predicament. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Why is my font huge. 😞 sorry.

Fixed it for you!

But have to say that the avatar seems so well placed now.  We might have to make it permanent as a tribute to your dynasty pick!  :haha:

• Sad 1

• Moderators

If I'm doing my finger-math right, then Diesel's nine-hour draft window would close at 9:01 AM Eastern (6:01 AM Pacific) tomorrow morning, if he doesn't return for his picks by tonight. Let Spud get some ZZZs after that Tour de Baze bike ride, though!

~lw3

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

If the 👟 (avatar) fits...

This is the kind of stuff you do by yourself and not admit to anyone that you did it. I have to. If I’m trying to be a general manager of a squawk dynasty team I’m going to take my job seriously and do it to the best of my ability and leave my personal emotions out of it. (Damn my avatar too)... smh

General manager Spud has been eyeing this kid since 2016ish and has always liked what he saw and not just because he was overseas in Europe drinking the fabulous wine and eating the plentiful cheeses..what .. 

Rumor has it that he touched a basketball at 7 months and was playing with a miniature hoop by the age of one. He went on to star in the Euro league and was named the MVP in 2018 as well as his team winning it all. Doubters wondered if his game would translate and it did in the NBA as he won the rookie of the year (even though Spud told him straight up to his face that Trae deserved it more). 

A 6’7” point.. small forw... wing..?  Without further adieu, with the 10th pick in  the 2019 Squawk fantasy draft: The Spudderificas select: Luka Doncic Ps His mom is cute though. Rumor has it Spud asked for her number in the negotiations and was promptly rejected. 😞 

Paging @Diesel who will be making the 11th and 12th picks.

Oh my wooord....I'm clutching ma pearls!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Why is my font huge. 😞 sorry.

Next year you can use his mamma as your avatar since you seem to be his boy. That would make her your Granny!

All kidding aside, he is a solid pick but Trae is better!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Fixed it for you!

But have to say that the avatar seems so well placed now.  We might have to make it permanent as a tribute to your dynasty pick!  :haha:

Thank you 🙏🏿 please no. I’m looking forward to changing it on opening night. It was tough to take Doncic...real tough. 🤦‍♀️ 

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Thank you 🙏🏿 please no. I’m looking forward to changing it on opening night. It was tough to take Doncic...real tough. 🤦‍♀️ 

You can bet I would have taken him at 22/23 with zero remorse.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Whatever you say Spud2Luka.  We'll figure something out.  I'm consulting with @kg01 on this.

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Let Spud get some ZZZs after that Tour de Baze bike ride, though!

Incline beach 🏝 miles with an adequate bike. Rollercoaster 🎢 of feelings when you get a euphoric rush from tough stretches feeling like your a pro rider 🚴‍♀️ to getting passed up by an older gentleman on a cruiser bike. 🤔 

That combined with having to pick Luka when I’m tired of tracking Mav games all year and having lost an avatar Luka and now selecting him. I’m done ✅ full circle ⭕️.

Just now, AHF said:

Spud2Luka

For the love of.... the horror.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Next year you can use his mamma as your avatar since you seem to be his boy. That would make her your Granny!

All kidding aside, he is a solid pick but Trae is better!

😝 ur sick 🤒...I like it. 😆 

I agree Trae is better. But having the 1st pick be Trae and Luka at 10, I wouldn’t say I did horribly value wise. (Again I hate defending him 😂 u bastards).