• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kevin Huerter Article - Don't write off the Huert!

marco102

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Well it’ll be interesting to see if you are right. Personally, I think he has the rare skill, strength and agility for a 4 that makes him special at the power forward position for the most part. 

I suppose they could try to develop his outside game but he has a long way to go to be a traditional wing. 

I think he’s gonna be a guy that is who is he (a scrappy 4 and at times a 5) and make it work for himself and niche out a nice lil career of 10-12 years playing physically grueling hard nosed ball 🏀.

At 6'8, 208 and a 6'8 wingspan? This is why they say never take summer league seriously. The quality of competition is extremely low, espeically at the 4 and 5. 

I agree with Clarke's long term position as SF. I also see Clarke as a generational talent defensively, I think the Marion comparison can be true at the end. But he is not our guy, our guy is Hunter, I would have preferes him to play as Clarke on summer league, I hope with a true PG and a better team he will do better.

My only concern with Hunter is the offense, I think he could struggle to produce at NBA level, playing with Trae is only going to help. On defense he will need to play with high energy to be able to score on Rb Stl and Block categories, anyway his best quality will be one on one defense.

Just now, NBASupes said:

At 6'8, 208 and a 6'8 wingspan? This is why they say never take summer league seriously. The quality of competition is extremely low, espeically at the 4 and 5. 

Oh I wasn’t even paying attention to summer league. That’s just his game and who he is and will be in the league. Measurements don’t always count for everything. Remember cupcake 🧁 couldn’t bench 135 at the NBA combine in 2007? I throw out measurements when it comes to a freak like Clarke.

Im not a rookie Supes that falls in love with a dude from summer league. It’s me Supes, I’ve been doing this dance 💃 for 35+ years now.

This will be interesting to revisit. 

3 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I agree with Clarke's long term position as SF

10 years into the league...he still won’t be a small forward.

I got this page bookmarked and screen shot that you, @gurpilo and @NBASupes say that Clarke will eventually be a small forward and I disagree, he will remain a 4/5 throughout. Not every player falls into a certain position due to measurements. That’s elementary level of bball, at the pro level, you have to ride with a guys god given talents. 

Clarke is a hood style baller ⛹️ and a killer power forward and at times small ball center due to style of play.

1 minute ago, gurpilo said:

I agree with Clarke's long term position as SF. I also see Clarke as a generational talent defensively, I think the Marion comparison can be true at the end. But he is not our guy, our guy is Hunter, I would have preferes him to play as Clarke on summer league, I hope with a true PG and a better team he will do better.

My only concern with Hunter is the offense, I think he could struggle to produce at NBA level, playing with Trae is only going to help. On defense he will need to play with high energy to be able to score on Rb Stl and Block categories, anyway his best quality will be one on one defense.

I don't think you have reasonable expectations of Hunter. A lot of what he will do will not show up on the stat sheet but it will on film study. There is a lot to this game other than raw metrics. 

Hunter is a winning player, with winning instincts with a winning mentality. His numbers will not be pretty but his effectiveness will be lovely. 

Clarke and Hunter are completely different. Hunter can start and help teams win today. Clarke will have to adjust to the 3 which will be a two year process and he can play spot 4 mins but he will be limited. 

Both players have to adjust. Hunter will play more 3 as a rookie than he has before. That will be an adjustment. He will also have to adjust to the NBA game but all rooks do. 

Hunter is ready to positively help our +/-. Clarke will have to adjust. The size difference with talent in the NBA is massive. Athleticism, movement and BBIQ can only take him so far with his body type.

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh I wasn’t even paying attention to summer league. That’s just his game and who he is and will be in the league. Measurements don’t always count for everything. Remember cupcake 🧁 couldn’t bench 135 at the NBA combine in 2007? I throw out measurements when it comes to a freak like Clarke.

Im not a rookie Supes that falls in love with a dude from summer league. It’s me Supes, I’ve been doing this dance 💃 for 35+ years now.

This will be interesting to revisit. 

Comparing Kevin Durant to Brandon Clarke is a really really really bad idea

• Moderators

I don't think Clarke has the jumper or the potential jumper to make the transition to a DMC type of player.  DMC has shot 36% from 3 for his career with peak seasons near 40%.  Marion became a credible 3pt threat with a 34% shot during his prime.  

Clarke is already mad old for his level.  He is older than Devin Booker, for example, and Booker was drafted in 2015.  He has shown no ability or inclination to shoot from distance.  Despite the shorter length in college, he took only 24 3pt attempts in over 2700 minutes.  Basically his shots are at the rim which won't work as a 3 in the NBA.

That is why he slipped but his defense, ability to finish at the rim and tenacity make him look like a valuable role player off the bench.  

I will say this, though.  He will have every opportunity to play the 3 this season.  Gallinari doesn't play SF so much anymore and his perimeter play makes him the perfect kind of PF to pair with Clarke for spacing.  If he can't make it work with Gallinari, he could be in trouble.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't think you have reasonable expectations of Hunter. A lot of what he will do will not show up on the stat sheet but it will on film study. There is a lot to this game other than raw metrics. 

Hunter is a winning player, with winning instincts with a winning mentality. His numbers will not be pretty but his effectiveness will be lovely. 

Clarke and Hunter are completely different. Hunter can start and help teams win today. Clarke will have to adjust to the 3 which will be a two year process and he can play spot 4 mins but he will be limited. 

Both players have to adjust. Hunter will play more 3 as a rookie than he has before. That will be an adjustment. He will also have to adjust to the NBA game but all rooks do. 

Hunter is ready to positively help our +/-. Clarke will have to adjust. The size difference with talent in the NBA is massive. Athleticism, movement and BBIQ can only take him so far with his body type.

Comparing Kevin Durant to Brandon Clarke is a really really really bad idea

Supes stop 🛑 changing my statements. I respect ✊🏾 the thought and effort you put in but changing peeps ideas and putting ur words on it is wrong of you.

I am speaking specifically that I DONT BUY INTO SUMMER LEAGUE OR A PLAYER’S MEASUREMENTS BUT RATHER HIS HEART!

ps Supes you can’t act like you like all the prospects in every draft bro. That makes us forget the ones you really like.

The way you come off is that you like them all. That way if a prospect does well you can say you called it.

Weak sauce Supes you are better than that. A little respect ✊🏾 was lost with your last post trying to change my words.

21 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Supes stop 🛑 changing my statements. I respect ✊🏾 the thought and effort you put in but changing peeps ideas and putting ur words on it is wrong of you.

I am speaking specifically that I DONT BUY INTO SUMMER LEAGUE OR A PLAYER’S MEASUREMENTS BUT RATHER HIS HEART!

ps Supes you can’t act like you like all the prospects in every draft bro. That makes us forget the ones you really like.

The way you come off is that you like them all. That way if a prospect does well you can say you called it.

Weak sauce Supes you are better than that. A little respect ✊🏾 was lost with your last post trying to change my words.

I know what you meant but I just needed to be sure of the point you really want to make. KDs measurements were elite for his skill-set. 6'11-7ft with a 7'6 wingspan with elite agility and quickness for position. Add the shooting ability and skill level, you are talking once in a generation type of prospect. 

So when you say Durant couldn't bench 185, I need you to understand why Clarke measurements are an issue for his position and we must remember, Clarke is 23. Durant was 18 or 19. Just two completely different stages of physical development as well.

You shouldn't lose respect for anyone questioning what I questioned much less me. It's was oranges to apples on your end

Edit: Spud, i read this post and I feel very slided by you. I didn't say much other than its a bad comparison and you went off like this on me. Durant at 22 was benching 315 5 times. Is Clarke going to grow 3 inches of height or wingspan in the next four years? Come on man, be reasonable. Clarke has SG measurements, that's not gonna work in today's modern NBA like that. The bigs are just too athletic with size at this level 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I know what you meant but I just needed to be sure of the point you really want to make. KDs measurements were elite for his skill-set. 6'11-7ft with a 7'6 wingspan with elite agility and quickness for position. Add the shooting ability and skill level, you are talking once in a generation type of prospect. 

So when you say Durant couldn't bench 185, I need you to understand why Clarke measurements are an issue for his position and we must remember, Clarke is 23. Durant was 18 or 19. Just two completely different stages of physical development as well.

You shouldn't lose respect for anyone questioning what I questioned much less me. It's was oranges to apples on your end

No I wasn’t directly comparing apples to oranges. All I said was that I don’t put much stock into anything that happens in combines or in summer league as I have witnessed first hand much of that doesn’t translate. Like Salim Stoudamire scoring 87 in a summer league game or whatever point total.

Durant couldn’t bench 135, combine, didn’t end up meaning much. 

Clarke wingspan is 6’8” or shorter than expected or is the norm, won’t matter much either when he’s playing his natural position of a 4 and sometimes a small ball 5.

All I’m saying is you can’t make every player into a wing in this league. We have some guys that are natural smooth small forwards and shooting guards and possess that smoothness and play that part, the others like Clarke, cannot or should not be shoved into a similar role. The coaching staff should be able to highlight their strengths and let them go at what they do best, and Clarke’s game in a choppy physical one that fits the power forward position to a T.

Thats my main argument. Don’t buy into measurables and don’t typecast a player into a certain position.

• Moderators

Yeah, that 6'8'' wingspan is small even for a SF.  Still seems like a PF skill set to me.  He'll either be playing SF without the wing skills or undersized PF.  I suspect he'll play PF on offense with Gallinari playing wing on offense and then Clarke will matchup on D against the better scorer of the SF/PFs from the other team.

Again, OKC has pretty much nothing at the SF position this year other than their rookies which will influence the minutes in a different way than I expect it would on a team with more normal depth.  (Like if OKC still had PG).

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No I wasn’t directly comparing apples to oranges. All I said was that I don’t put much stock into anything that happens in combines or in summer league as I have witnessed first hand much of that doesn’t translate. Like Salim Stoudamire scoring 87 in a summer league game or whatever point total.

Durant couldn’t bench 135, combine, didn’t end up meaning much. 

Clarke wingspan is 6’8” or shorter than expected or is the norm, won’t matter much either when he’s playing his natural position of a 4 and sometimes a small ball 5.

All I’m saying is you can’t make every player into a wing in this league. We have some guys that are natural smooth small forwards and shooting guards and possess that smoothness and play that part, the others like Clarke, cannot or should not be shoved into a similar role. The coaching staff should be able to highlight their strengths and let them go at what they do best, and Clarke’s game in a choppy physical one that fits the power forward position to a T.

Thats my main argument. Don’t buy into measurables and don’t typecast a player into a certain position.

It was 185 and it did mean a lot as it meant his ass was too weak. He had a ROY race with Al Horford and it was close. Consider that, Durant is one of the GOAT, I love Al but a GOAT level should always be miles ahead. He ended up benching 315 4 years later with no problem.

Durant won MVP. It was a terrible comparison as Clarke will never get longer or taller. Durant clearly could get stronger.

We will agree to disagree on this one.

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yeah, that 6'8'' wingspan is small even for a SF.  Still seems like a PF skill set to me.  He'll either be playing SF without the wing skills or undersized PF.  I suspect he'll play PF on offense with Gallinari playing wing on offense and then Clarke will matchup on D against the better scorer of the SF/PFs from the other team.

Again, OKC has pretty much nothing at the SF position this year other than their rookies which will influence the minutes in a different way than I expect it would on a team with more normal depth.  (Like if OKC still had PG).

Clarke is on Memphis with Coach Jenkins, former Hawks assistant under Bud.

6'8 wingspan is generally the mid level point for a SG.

The more shocking is 208 at 23 yo. That's damning but it meets my eye. He will likely be 215 in his NBA prime. Similar to DMC

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

What would be the advantage of playing Clarke at the 5 if he can't defend 5s or shoot from the outside?

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The more shocking is 208 at 23 yo. That's damning but it meets my eye. He will likely be 215 in his NBA prime. Similar to DMC

Oops.  Used apparently a very outdated roster looking at that.  My bad.

He will have more competition for SF minutes in Memphis.  Iggy & Anderson will make him work a bit harder.

DMC without a jump shot is probably not viable.  That J is key for Clarke.

When you actually can pass quite well and have functional handles a deadly three will keep you in the league forever. He showed this as a rookie. Huerter will be around at age forty with very little doubt in my mind here. Hoping he stays ours for the duration.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It was 185 and it did mean a lot as it meant his ass was too weak. He had a ROY race with Al Horford and it was close. Consider that, Durant is one of the GOAT, I love Al but a GOAT level should always be miles ahead. He ended up benching 315 4 years later with no problem.

Durant won MVP. It was a terrible comparison as Clarke will never get longer or taller. Durant clearly could get stronger.

We will agree to disagree on this one.

Bro I don’t know what’s going on with you. But I think you’re having a tough time reading today. I have not said anything that you are even remotely close to talking about. You are essentially having a conversation with yourself. 

So you can agree to disagree with yourself. Go back and reread the post that I made. You put words in my mouth then you argue against them with yourself. It’s weird bro.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Bro I don’t know what’s going on with you. But I think you’re having a tough time reading today. I have not said anything that you are even remotely close to talking about. You are essentially having a conversation with yourself. 

So you can agree to disagree with yourself. Go back and reread the post that I made. You put words in my mouth then you argue against them with yourself. It’s weird bro

I read what you wrote multiple times but my issue had everything to do with the Durant comparison. The rest just opinion but I completely disagree with the comparison. KD measurements are the exact reason he is a GOAT level type. 7ft, 7'6 wingspan with his skill-set and athleticism is groundbreaking. 

I don't know why you feel so offended. I just don't get why in relation to my statements.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He had a ROY race with Al Horford and it was close. Consider that, Durant is one of the GOAT, I love Al but a GOAT level should always be miles ahead.

😳😳🤔

One thing folks can’t ever tell me is you don’t ride all the way out with your guys 😂😂

Edited by EazyRoc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3