• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Final Verdict On Trae/Luka Trade

sillent

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Respond to my quote and quit deflecting. Why can't someone have a negative take about Trae? He isnt perfect. Some may see places for him to improve and why do you dislike Cam so much? He hasn't played one second of NBA basketball. We dont know who or what Cam is, yet at every turn you throw your slight jabs at him.

Just saying you are the pot calling the kettle black.

It is okay for you to critize or have a negative take, but the minute someone else does it is ALL y'all Hawks fans are just so negative. Nah homie.

What is there to criticize about Trae? I don't hate Cam..There is no evidence that Cam will be the NBA's version of Randy Moss but where have I stated that I hate Cam?

• Moderators

This trend of examining our fellow posters is not what this site is about.  Let's refocus.

Putting on a moderator hat here, let me make a couple of suggestions that go out to everyone on the board.  When you see a post like this:

Player-I-Like can't shoot, pass or rebound and is basically Trash-Player 2.0. -- Posted by PosterX

You can react a couple of different ways.  Here are some bad ways to respond:

• Directly criticize PosterX personally.
  • Non-subtly suggest negative things about PosterX.
  • Throw insults at PosterX or make insulting references to the post that a reasonable person would read as applying to themselves (such as calling the post 'ignorant').

You'll notice that the common thread here is focusing on the poster.

Here are some good ways to respond:

• Explain why Player-I-Like actually can shoot and/or pass and/or rebound.
  • Explain how Player-I-Like is different from Trash-Player.
  • Explain how the evidence being offered to support the idea that Player-I-Like can't shoot and/or pass and/or rebound actually doesn't make that case.

You'll notice the common thread here is that these focus on the post.

The first way of insulting or targeting the poster ends up in useless disagreement about how the poster is being characterized and frequently with retaliatory statements about the poster who took things personal by focusing on the other poster to begin with.  The second way of responding ends up in on-topic discussion about the Hawks.

Please try to avoid discussing the poster and focus on the substance of the post.

Mod Hat Off

(Edit:  I will be taking subsequent posts about particular posters and their own supposed biases off this thread going forward so please drop that line of discussion and get back on topic.  If you want to challenge a poster, take an idea they have expressed and focus on discussion of that idea rather than a generalized view of that poster.  Example - If you think someone hates Evan Turner then take a post where they criticize Turner and challenge the facts, ideas, conclusions, etc. presented in that post.  Don't suggest that they hate Turner and generically ask them to justify your characterization of their view.)

• Like 2

Cam is really the x-factor in the trade. I'm really curious to see how he looks in game, very talented but very inconsistent in his one year at Duke. My guess is CLP does not put too much on his plate year 1. Just play some D and hit open shots. I don't think he will be asked to do much point-forward type stuff.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'll say this much, I don't think Zion will have nearly the rookie season that Luka or Trae had, at least not statistically.

Agreed and believe the cuisine will have something to do with it. Buffets every frackin where. Example = Grand Buffet New Orleans.

Meal.jpg

• Haha 4