• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Huerter more athletic than Klay?

Wurider05

I’d say so.  As a rook he matched Klay’s career high in dunks with a much lower assist rate on them than Klay ever had.  

An easy measure for athleticism in wing players for me is dunks in the halfcourt.  Kevin had a few last season.  I may have seen Klay do it once.  

Klay’s physical attributes lie in balance, agility, and strength on the floor.  He’s always been pretty much the same athlete, I can see Kevin improving for the next 5 years.  Kevin’s And 1s have to improve but he also posted a lower blocked shot total than Klay ever has as well.

Remember Klay was a shooter coming into the NBA. I heard an interview with Mark Jackson and he joked that when Klay went for a lay up, they'd call it a "Klay-up" because he was so bad at it. Ergo, I would say Kevin is a better runner/jumper than Klay. What Klay does really well is slide, especially on defense.  That is part of athleticism. So, it is a mixed bag on Klay v. Kevin. 

• Like 1

That's a hard question. Klay moves north and south extremely well, is much faster, much more agile, much better stamina,  and has much better strength. He is not much of a vertical athletic while Kevin is explosiveness and likely has a better vertical as well. 

I'll say Klay is a superior athlete even if Kevin is a superior athlete when attacking in space or explosiveness in general. Kevin has a pop. Klay doesn't. 

20 minutes ago, frosgrim said:

Remember Klay was a shooter coming into the NBA. I heard an interview with Mark Jackson and he joked that when Klay went for a lay up, they'd call it a "Klay-up" because he was so bad at it. Ergo, I would say Kevin is a better runner/jumper than Klay. What Klay does really well is slide, especially on defense.  That is part of athleticism. So, it is a mixed bag on Klay v. Kevin. 

Klay is really really fast. Especially in the half court and in traffic. 

He has four movement prongs. Compared to Kevin who is not a movement player at this time. Hard for me to say the greatest movement player of all time with Steph is not a better athlete even if he can't explode or jump all that well

• Premium Member
On 10/7/2019 at 8:34 PM, benhillboy said:

I’d say so.  As a rook he matched Klay’s career high in dunks with a much lower assist rate on them than Klay ever had.  

An easy measure for athleticism in wing players for me is dunks in the halfcourt.  Kevin had a few last season.  I may have seen Klay do it once.  

Klay’s physical attributes lie in balance, agility, and strength on the floor.  He’s always been pretty much the same athlete, I can see Kevin improving for the next 5 years.  Kevin’s And 1s have to improve but he also posted a lower blocked shot total than Klay ever has as well.

BHB, I don't know if that's a good measure.   Maybe Klay is just so prolific at shooting the three that he doesn't take too many dunks.  That doesn't really speak to his athleticism... just choice.