• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Pelicans' rebuild looks better than The Hawks'

Peoriabird

1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

I think the BIG3 should allow testosterone treatment for all those old guys...it’d make the product better and well...attitudes are changing on the treatment.

Naw they need to go further and bring Stallone in to educate those guys on the glory of hgh

• Haha 3

My early hot take on the Hawks from one game is your two major questions mainly land on who's going to be the long term center and how you feel about Reddish (this is very open-ended). My vision is that Hunter is your quality role player wing and that you're probably completed by having a star caliber scoring wing that can play good defense playing with Trae in the long haul. Is that going to be Reddish? Stay tuned over the season.

And is that center potentially going to be Fernando? Also stay tuned.

Your star player: Trae Young
Quality Role Player you see on winning teams: De'Andre Hunter
Scorer and great PNR player: John Collins
Shooter and good passer: Kevin Huerter

Current wild cards in which we'd like to see good development this year: Cam Reddish and Bruno Fernando

Everyone else involved are role players that might or might not be here even next year.

• Like 2

hace 8 horas, Lurker dijo:

My early hot take on the Hawks from one game is your two major questions mainly land on who's going to be the long term center and how you feel about Reddish (this is very open-ended). My vision is that Hunter is your quality role player wing and that you're probably completed by having a star caliber scoring wing that can play good defense playing with Trae in the long haul. Is that going to be Reddish? Stay tuned over the season.

And is that center potentially going to be Fernando? Also stay tuned.

Your star player: Trae Young
Quality Role Player you see on winning teams: De'Andre Hunter
Scorer and great PNR player: John Collins
Shooter and good passer: Kevin Huerter

Current wild cards in which we'd like to see good development this year: Cam Reddish and Bruno Fernando

Everyone else involved are role players that might or might not be here even next year.

Right now makes more sense to consider Hunter your best chance for a wing all-star and Reddish your role player. Hunter might be 2 years older but at 21 he still can improve a lot.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Right now makes more sense to consider Hunter your best chance for a wing all-star and Reddish your role player. Hunter might be 2 years older but at 21 he still can improve a lot.

Cam has unlimited upside. He clearly has the higher ceiling but the lower floor at this moment. That doesn't mean Hunter can't be a star, he doesn't have the talent Cam has.

• Like 3

• Moderators
12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He was an elite HR hitter before assumed PEDs as well. He might not have been a cheat code but he was still the best hitter ever before and after. 

Please.  

He averaged 25 HRs per season pre-steroids.  He went to SF, roided up and averaged 44 HR.  He was an All-Star 2 out of 7 years pre-roiding in Pittsburgh and basically every year roided up.  

He was a great player without the drugs but they turned his amazing batting eye into a legend by upping his power from good to amazing.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

Please.  

He averaged 25 HRs per season pre-steroids.  He went to SF, roided up and averaged 44 HR.  He was an All-Star 2 out of 7 years pre-roiding in Pittsburgh and basically every year roided up.  

He was a great player without the drugs but they turned his amazing batting eye into a legend by upping his power from good to amazing.

Everyone else was doing it too. So basically a level playing field. If something makes stronger and staves off aging, to me thats a good thing. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AHF said:

Please.  

This is the truth. McGwire was a home run type of a hitter even before the PED’a in my opinion. Bonds was not in any way. Bonds swung for line drives and hit for a high average and scored runs got rbi’s and all that but he was not a home run hitter by any means until around 95? 96? Rafey Palmeiro was another one ☝🏿 is categorize with Bonds as NOT a home run hitter but PED’s made him change his entire game as far as swinging for power.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Everyone else was doing it too. So basically a level playing field. If something makes stronger and staves off aging, to me thats a good thing. 

Hank Aaron didn’t do anything like that.   Very unlevel field for historical numbers. (Also - not everyone was doing it.  Look at pre-roid Bonds vs roided Bonds and contrast that with someone like Ken Griffey Jr).

But I wasn’t offering it up for a judgment on how the game should set up the rules.  Only illustrating he was not the best power hitter in MLB history until he roided up and the uneven use of PEDs is what got him to better career numbers than Hank, Babe and others.  

I endorse use of PEDs consistent with the rules and changing the rules to what makes sense for the game and the players.  I don’t condone owners or players pushing or using PEDs that people who follow the rules can’t use.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AHF said:

Hank Aaron didn’t do anything like that.   Very unlevel field for historical numbers. (Also - not everyone was doing it.  Look at pre-roid Bonds vs roided Bonds and contrast that with someone like Ken Griffey Jr).

But I wasn’t offering it up for a judgment on how the game should set up the rules.  Only illustrating he was not the best power hitter in MLB history until he roided up and the uneven use of PEDs is what got him to better career numbers than Hank, Babe and others.  

I endorse use of PEDs consistent with the rules and changing the rules to what makes sense for the game and the players.  I don’t condone owners or players pushing or using PEDs that people who follow the rules can’t use.

Hank didnt play in Barry's era. They were all juicing. Pitchers too.

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hank didnt play in Barry's era. They were all juicing. Pitchers too.

Many.  Not all.

Im good with BB being the greatest roids home run hitter.  Not greatest home run hitter period.

• Like 1

Back to the subject at hand:  Pelicans are better than the Hawks in their rebuild.

Pelicans early record - (0-2)  Hawks record - (1-0)

So, they are better than we are.  Their star, #1 draft pick is out with injury.  This could account for their record.  Also, we've been told, the west is so much better than anything in the east that there is no way to compare the two.  Can't wait to try on our western brethren! 

Underdogs by 2.5 points.  Who will score that ,5 point?  Come on in Magic!

:smug:

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

This is the truth. McGwire was a home run type of a hitter even before the PED’a in my opinion. Bonds was not in any way. Bonds swung for line drives and hit for a high average and scored runs got rbi’s and all that but he was not a home run hitter by any means until around 95? 96? Rafey Palmeiro was another one ☝🏿 is categorize with Bonds as NOT a home run hitter but PED’s made him change his entire game as far as swinging for power.

I'm not sure about McGwire, I think his PED use pre-dated Bonds by nearly 10 years. He may have been using his rookie year when he hit 49 homers.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, turnermx said:

I'm not sure about McGwire, I think his PED use pre-dated Bonds by nearly 10 years. He may have been using his rookie year when he hit 49 homers.

Ya I agree he was probably a mid 80’s user and just kept going for a long time. Canseco was his bash brother and he still parties as a friend attests to that so there’s that.

• Like 1

hace 4 horas, NBASupes dijo:

Cam has unlimited upside. He clearly has the higher ceiling but the lower floor at this moment. That doesn't mean Hunter can't be a star, he doesn't have the talent Cam has.

I could agree with that, but right now the Cam I see is too far from Hunter, you can see the potential but he lacks a lot of things, the jump he needs to make is huge on many aspects of the game. Hunter otherwise is already showing a lot and he will be improving for 3-4 years, he has the touch, he has the defense, he has the shooting, he is good on both ends already, he is already strong, I think he can finish the season with 14ppg, 6rpg, 2 app, 1spg, for a rookie that is amazing. I can see him improving those numbers till 25. Is easy to fell in love with Cam, but he cannot find the efficiency on offense, he cannot finish at the rim, he lacks strength.... he has to improve a lot to reach Hunter’s level.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I could agree with that, but right now the Cam I see is too far from Hunter, you can see the potential but he lacks a lot of things, the jump he needs to make is huge on many aspects of the game. Hunter otherwise is already showing a lot and he will be improving for 3-4 years, he has the touch, he has the defense, he has the shooting, he is good on both ends already, he is already strong, I think he can finish the season with 14ppg, 6rpg, 2 app, 1spg, for a rookie that is amazing. I can see him improving those numbers till 25. Is easy to fell in love with Cam, but he cannot find the efficiency on offense, he cannot finish at the rim, he lacks strength.... he has to improve a lot to reach Hunter’s level.

Season is long and improvement is key for all players. To assume Cam can't improve based on what you have seen so far, you might as well write Trae off as a bust and Kev should have been in the G League and Omari was our best value pick but the season is long

• Like 3