• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Pelicans' rebuild looks better than The Hawks'

Peoriabird

10 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I could agree with that, but right now the Cam I see is too far from Hunter, you can see the potential but he lacks a lot of things, the jump he needs to make is huge on many aspects of the game. Hunter otherwise is already showing a lot and he will be improving for 3-4 years, he has the touch, he has the defense, he has the shooting, he is good on both ends already, he is already strong, I think he can finish the season with 14ppg, 6rpg, 2 app, 1spg, for a rookie that is amazing. I can see him improving those numbers till 25. Is easy to fell in love with Cam, but he cannot find the efficiency on offense, he cannot finish at the rim, he lacks strength.... he has to improve a lot to reach Hunter’s level.

I agree with you that the current gap between Hunter and Cam is very large...more so on offense than defense. But there is a point where things will click for Cam. I think giving him real minutes at the NBA level now will produce real fruit in the coming months. I can’t tell you when it will happen, but I believe it will come together for him. I know for those who think it will never come, I should have used IF, but I will stick with the WHEN for Cam. Glad he is a Hawk!

Edited by enrique
  • Like 4

Just now, turnermx said:

I already saw improvement from Cam in game 2 against a pretty decent Orlando defense. his 3 point shot will come, not worried about that, a very good sign that he had some good looking drives into the paint. The defense is a constant from Cam, for this team, that is most important

I felt he was inconsistent this game. I felt he was maybe undeserving of his positive +/- in the first half but unlucky ij the 2nd half as well. He did better on Fultz then everyone else but Evan gave him some issues but his length and lateral quickness kept him out the paint in the half court where he normally kills us over the years. 

Overall, he had some ups and downs. I felt Hunter was damn near amazing. He was so good but that's so normal for De'Andre.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I felt he was inconsistent this game. I felt he was maybe undeserving of his positive +/- in the first half but unlucky ij the 2nd half as well. He did better on Fultz then everyone else but Evan gave him some issues but his length and lateral quickness kept him out the paint in the half court where he normally kills us over the years. 

Overall, he had some ups and downs. I felt Hunter was damn near amazing. He was so good but that's so normal for De'Andre.

Supes. I think I finally must disagree here.  Are we talking about offense?  Cause Cam's defense was amazing this game.  Hunter's was good, but not on the same level as Cam's.  Cam had Vuecic on him a few times and caused a turnover and his defense helped keep him from scoring.   

To me even when Cam makes mistakes, his length allows him to recover well. I'm not saying he played perfect on the defensive end, but it was his second excellent performance on that end.

He and Hunter are just  god sends on the defensive ends.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, IheartVolt said:

How people already seem to write off Huerter is mind boggling to me. It's okay tho 

I feel that way about all our players. It's funny and sad at the same time reading our "fans" dog one of our players that has yet gotten a real chance to prove himself. They done do it with Bembry, Cam Jones, Trae, Hunter(early on), Len, Jabari, Bruno, Turner. Pretty much our whole team. If there was anytime to like our whole team the time is now.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Supes. I think I finally must disagree here.  Are we talking about offense?  Cause Cam's defense was amazing this game.  Hunter's was good, but not on the same level as Cam's.  Cam had Vuecic on him a few times and caused a turnover and his defense helped keep him from scoring.   

To me even when Cam makes mistakes, his length allows him to recover well. I'm not saying he played perfect on the defensive end, but it was his second excellent performance on that end.

He and Hunter are just  god sends on the defensive ends.

He is a tremendous defensive talent and without a question, he showed some excellent plays but I didn't see what I saw in Game 1. He was exceptional defensively in Game 1. I didn't think he was this game. Even my data says he had a great defensive game but he wasn't a world-beater like he was in Game 1. Offensively, he was used A LOT better than Game 1 but he wasn't as effective in movement but then again, Orlando had a lot to do with that. 

Edited by NBASupes

hace 14 horas, NBASupes dijo:

Season is long and improvement is key for all players. To assume Cam can't improve based on what you have seen so far, you might as well write Trae off as a bust and Kev should have been in the G League and Omari was our best value pick but the season is long

Oh no, I was making a different point. I think Cam will improve and I think he needs 30 mpg this season but some people ara acting as we already have on Hunter what we will have forever and that is not true. Even if Cam improves a lot he will have a difficult time to achieve Hunter’s level and I am sure Hunter is going to improve a lot this season

What is true is that I have not been so excited about this team ever. We have added some valuable pieces, the 3 rookies look like players that will contribute on the future of this franchise and make with Young, Huerter, Bembry, Parker and Collins a good group. Hopefully Len is joining soon but I would say we are 2 pieces away of been a good team.

I am still nowhere close to wanting to move up Kevin to the starting five. His defense is still awful. Cam defense is much much better and honestly, offensively, the gap isn't that big. Cam still spaces the floor and the defense takes him somewhat seriously. I think we should start Cam for the rest of the season and use Kevin as a 6th man like Manu and Parker as a 6th man like Harrell. Cam for this season as our SAS Danny Green.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am still nowhere close to wanting to move up Kevin to the starting five. His defense is still awful. Cam defense is much much better and honestly, offensively, the gap isn't that big. Cam still spaces the floor and the defense takes him somewhat seriously. I think we should start Cam for the rest of the season and use Kevin as a 6th man like Manu and Parker as a 6th man like Harrell. Cam for this season as our SAS Danny Green.

I said this last month and you seemed to shut me down. I said let Huerter run the 2nd unit as the point man. It’s a nice idea and it will work I think. Huerter should be on board because it would help his overall numbers as well individually speaking. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I said this last month and you seemed to shut me down. I said let Huerter run the 2nd unit as the point man. It’s a nice idea and it will work I think. Huerter should be on board because it would help his overall numbers as well individually speaking. 

Because before the preseason, I felt Hunter should be apart of the 2nd unit instead but after watching the preseason and first two games, we need to start Hunter for all 82

• Like 2

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I actually was going to say the same but held off. I’m not sure DeAndre has been able to show up the entire repertoire yet. Having said that Cam is like a condor on D with those wings..damn.

Im honestly really excited to see Cam take defense so seriously. He’s so freakin smooth on offense he knows it’ll come in time but it starts with the D. 

LP you are the man!

In Hunter I see a lot of young Kawhi. In Reddish I see PG or KD potential, describing his offense as smooth is spot on Spud. 

• Like 4

Yea I am not sure why Huerter is being demoted to second unit by our Hawksquawk experts, but I will say it now, no way he gets demoted to second unit in favor of Cam. Cams defense is pretty good but he has a long way to go on offense and Huerter is gonna lite it up this year. The way you guys are just wanting to throw this guy to the heap after a great rookie season has me smh.

There is no reason for it. What are your motives? You guys overrate Cam and yet disrespect Kevin?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turnermx said:

In Hunter I see a lot of young Kawhi. In Reddish I see PG or KD potential, describing his offense as smooth is spot on Spud. 

That kid is far from PG or KD right now. I am hoping he succeeds but this just makes me 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, IheartVolt said:

That kid is far from PG or KD right now. I am hoping he succeeds but this just makes me 😂😂😂

potential is still there.. he needs the game to slow down on offense and find his rhythm

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

Yea I am not sure why Huerter is being demoted to second unit by our Hawksquawk experts, but I will say it now, no way he gets demoted to second unit in favor of Cam. Cams defense is pretty good but he has a long way to go on offense and Huerter is gonna lite it up this year. The way you guys are just wanting to throw this guy to the heap after a great rookie season has me smh.

There is no reason for it. What are your motives? You guys overrate Cam and yet disrespect Kevin?

I also feel that Huerter should be the starter until Cam beats him out.   However, much can be said about increasing the offense of the 2nd unit by having Heurter/Jabari spearhead the offensive attack.  Turner as PG needs as much shooting ability around him as possible.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, turnermx said:

potential is still there.. he needs the game to slow down on offense and find his rhythm

I am sorry bro, but this needs to step back again. Land your feet back on the squawk and leave fantasy land. The kid has shown nothing to me that he is capable of the things George Or Durant do on the floor. He did not even sniff it in college. Is his defense solid? You bet it is but let's cool the expectations for a bit