• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Trae really comparable to any other point guard in the league right now?

IheartVolt

That what everybody leaves out when talking about Trae, it's his ability to drive the basketball.. This is why the Curry comparisons do resonate with me. His game is different then Curry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The more I think about it, this probably did not warrant a thread, but hey that's just me, think and spew what ever crap is going through my head at the time 😂

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, IheartVolt said:

He is so well rounded it is freaking insane. Here is how I would describe him to someone who has never seen him play but is familiar with the recent NBA. Tell me if this is flawed but this is how I see him really.

He has the vision and passing ability of Steve Nash

The driving and slashing ability of Tony Parker 

The range of Steph Curry

Is this flawed? I mean imagine Allen Iverson with big dose of Nash and Curry. I was excited last year but watching him last night not only reignited the fire but it fed it more damn wood. I honestly do not think that we even realize what we have here. The kid is amazing!

Adding the TP driving and slashing :good:. I never thought about that comparison before. 

One thing he can do from his driving/slashing that TP wasn't adept it is finding a teammate, even when tightly bottled up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/25/2019 at 10:17 PM, hazer said:

IceTrATL is really trying on D now, that could elevate him to his own category as a new comparison, not comparable to someone else. This need to compare our team to past teams, or players to past players, is an inferior mentality. Our team, and players, could be on the verge of forging their own new territory to which others are compared to. This all might end up being the new watermark.

I agree with you Mr. Hazer, there may not be anyone in the Modern Era like Trae.

The Big O averaged 25.7 and 9.5. Trae will never get all his records or boards; but a hair under in points and assist puts Trae on his own planet. The Big O has his own universe.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2019 at 10:17 PM, hazer said:

IceTrATL is really trying on D now, that could elevate him to his own category as a new comparison, not comparable to someone else. This need to compare our team to past teams, or players to past players, is an inferior mentality. Our team, and players, could be on the verge of forging their own new territory to which others are compared to. This all might end up being the new watermark.

I could really buy into this.. Well stated

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

And look who's 9 and 10 for guards.

And Trae was actually 24th for starters, FWIW

• Like 4

19 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Love this @NBASupes.  Entire starting five is in top 40!  Way to go coach Pierce! 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, hazer said:

I know I’ve seen it posted on HS a couple times before, but Trae’s movement/motion really reminds me of AI.

So if I HAD to make a comparison I’d say Nash/Zeke/Curry/AI mashup 💫

• Like 1