• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've Seen Enough!

kg01

• Premium Member
On 10/17/2023 at 1:45 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Upcoming season musings:

I think the Kings won't be a surprise this season and fall back down to earth a bit.

Mavs might not make the playoffs, Houston might though. Ime plus vets inBrooks  and FVV to corral theyoungins.

Cavs caught people by surprise early, not so myoungish.

The Harden issue looms large for Sixers.

Back for more:

Let me add the Bucks coaching kerfuffle to this mess. A rookie coach with a championship type squad. 

So Griffin didn't hire Scott's, brought on board by management, now he's quit.

I could see Dame asking for a trade next offseason.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

He's just gonna be taking all the shots isn't he? Lol

Jordan Poole: 'This is probably the first time in my life I'll play basketball with no pressure'

“Playing the game I love at the highest level, my family is taken care of, my basketball legacy is taken care of with the ring,” he says. “This is probably the first time in my life I’ll play basketball with no pressure. So that’s kind of how you look at it. But it’s a really good opportunity. It’s a cool opportunity, dope opportunity.”

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's just gonna be taking all the shots isn't he? Lol

Jordan Poole: 'This is probably the first time in my life I'll play basketball with no pressure'

“Playing the game I love at the highest level, my family is taken care of, my basketball legacy is taken care of with the ring,” he says. “This is probably the first time in my life I’ll play basketball with no pressure. So that’s kind of how you look at it. But it’s a really good opportunity. It’s a cool opportunity, dope opportunity.”

That foo like the rich Nick Young. He’s fire for a min but he’s whacky a bit and might fizzle. His volume will be high and he will bucket 🪣 but he’s kind of a ME guy.

• Moderators
On 10/20/2023 at 11:00 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Back for more:

Let me add the Bucks coaching kerfuffle to this mess. A rookie coach with a championship type squad. 

So Griffin didn't hire Scott's, brought on board by management, now he's quit.

I could see Dame asking for a trade next offseason.

Yeah I'm very skeptical about how things are going to go in Milwaukee.  Griffin maybe great but if i have a top 3 player in the league i don't know if i get rid of a guy like Jrue, bring in an aging shoot first star, and entrust it all to a first time HC.   Especially when my star has made comments about going elsewhere. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah I'm very skeptical about how things are going to go in Milwaukee.  Griffin maybe great but if i have a top 3 player in the league i don't know if i get rid of a guy like Jrue, bring in an aging shoot first star, and entrust it all to a first time HC.   Especially when my star has made comments about going elsewhere. 

While The Athletic reported an incident between Terry Stotts and first-year Bucks head coach Adrian Griffin at a recent shootaround, one source who’s been in contact with Stotts during the preseason told Heavy that there may be a larger matter in play. “It seemed like he was having trouble adjusting to being an assistant again,” he said. “I think that was a factor. “He was out for two years, he doesn’t need the money. … Maybe it was just a thing where he just wasn’t feeling it.”
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:
While The Athletic reported an incident between Terry Stotts and first-year Bucks head coach Adrian Griffin at a recent shootaround, one source who’s been in contact with Stotts during the preseason told Heavy that there may be a larger matter in play. “It seemed like he was having trouble adjusting to being an assistant again,” he said. “I think that was a factor. “He was out for two years, he doesn’t need the money. … Maybe it was just a thing where he just wasn’t feeling it.”

Griff up and Stotts ego is getting in the way. Either help or leave. He don’t wanna be there anymore like Nate the mediocre for us.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Pat Riley on Tyler Herro trade rumors: 'We have never shopped him and had no interest in ever trading the guy'

“We have never shopped him and had no interest in ever trading the guy,” Riley said of Herro. “But when you’re talking about acquiring one of the top five players in the league, there isn’t anybody on our team that won’t be discussed.”

:laugh1: @kg01 tell yr BIL come get his lyin' arsenal boy. 😆 
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

:er:...I'm sure Hawks can beat that offer if interested.

"The Beard" has not played and isn't even with the team.  He is a very good player.  However, if you could buy him for what he's really worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth, you could turn a tidy profit!

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Dwight Howard denies sexual assault allegations, wants lawsuit dismissed

Former NBA star Dwight Howard has denied sexual assault and battery allegations filed against him earlier this year and asked a court to dismiss a civil lawsuit he is facing in Georgia.

In court documents obtained by ESPN, Howard said Monday that he engaged in "consensual sexual activity" with a man named Stephen Harper during a July 2021 encounter at Howard's Georgia residence. Howard denied that he caused any injury to Harper, according to the filing.

In the original complaint filed in July, Harper's lawyers said he and Howard first began corresponding over direct messages on Instagram in May 2021, with Harper initiating the exchange. Harper accused Howard of sexually assaulting him at Howard's home during the subsequent July 2021 encounter.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

• holmes_baxter.png&h=80&w=80&scale=crop
    Baxter Holmes, ESPN Senior WriterOct 25, 2023, 10:32 AM ET

Former NBA star Dwight Howard has denied sexual assault and battery allegations filed against him earlier this year and asked a court to dismiss a civil lawsuit he is facing in Georgia.

In court documents obtained by ESPN, Howard said Monday that he engaged in "consensual sexual activity" with a man named Stephen Harper during a July 2021 encounter at Howard's Georgia residence. Howard denied that he caused any injury to Harper, according to the filing.

In the original complaint filed in July, Harper's lawyers said he and Howard first began corresponding over direct messages on Instagram in May 2021, with Harper initiating the exchange. Harper accused Howard of sexually assaulting him at Howard's home during the subsequent July 2021 encounter.

Wait, wut.. it’s a dude? 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Didn't see that coming.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Didn't see that coming.

Ya I heard the gay rumors but thought it was like a publicity stunt for Dwight to get some shine but this is turning out a lil crazy.

Wasn’t Dwight a hardcore Christian coming out of high school in 2004? All I heard was he was a big church ⛪️ guy and a church fam.

He went 180 on us with this. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I heard the gay rumors but thought it was like a publicity stunt for Dwight to get some shine but this is turning out a lil crazy.

Wasn’t Dwight a hardcore Christian coming out of high school in 2004? All I heard was he was a big church ⛪️ guy and a church fam.

He went 180 on us with this. 

That was true but also i always heard he had a bunch of kids with a bunch of women.  I guess he just likes everything.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1