• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've Seen Enough!

kg01

• Premium Member
On 7/27/2023 at 9:11 AM, Spud2nique said:

Do buffet’s refund 💰

I think he ate it. :mellow:

i_f4_e8_4e_zion-williamson.png?w=190

Pelicans star Zion Williamson, his stepfather and his mother allegedly have failed to pay back $1.8 million of a $2 million loan from a California-based technology company. In a civil lawsuit filed this week in U.S. District Court in New Orleans, Ankr PBC stated that it made the loan in September 2021 to Williamson and family members while in the midst of trying to establish a marketing relationship with the Pelicans’ All-Star power forward.

Seems like the adults are taking advantage of his name, smh. They should be protecting him from predators, not become them.

• Like 1

Speaking of KD..

Agree with Sir Charles..

His takes don’t always go over well. Kevin Durant, a perennial all-star, once said of Charles Barkley, ‘I don’t know why they still ask for this idiot’s opinion.’ Jon Wertheim: Kevin Durant. Charles Barkley: He’s very sensitive. Great player. He’s part of that generation who think he can’t be criticized. He’s never looked in the mirror and said, ‘Man, was that a fair criticism?’.Jon Wertheim: We’re in agreement today’s players are a little more sensitive to criticism than your generation. Charles Barkley: That would be a understatement.
Source: Jon Wertheim @ CBS News

💗 this man! 

Been waiting for a real one to go toe to toe with the Warriors, I hope he gets his chance..

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I didn't want the karma hit of making a thread titled 'Mon-Tears Harrell',, so I'll just report here that Montrezl tore his ACL in a workout.  

You’re not gonna report the next Zion injury are you? :mellow:

• Sad 1

Ice 🧊 cube’s a pimp 😂 

i_2e_c8_6e_danny-ainge.png?w=190

Which old-school Celtics got on your nerves the most?

Ice Cube: “Danny Ainge. He just looked like a little brat. But he could shoot and he hustled. I ended up meeting him and he’s a cool dude, but man in those series in the ’80s he would get under my skin. Him and Cedric Maxwell.”

Ice was being generous he’s not a cool dude he’s a prick. 😂 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Plain Ole fashioned greed - will get you every time.

Terrence Williams sentenced to 10 years in prison for defrauding the NBA's health care plan

Former New Jersey Nets player Terrence Williams was sentenced to 10 years in prison Thursday for masterminding a scheme to steal $5 million from the National Basketball Association’s health care plan. Williams, 36, admitted in August 2022 to orchestrating the conspiracy, in which he roped in 18 former ballers to defraud the NBA’s Health and Welfare Benefit Plan that provides extra coverage to former and retired players. In addition to the hefty prison time handed down by Manhattan federal Judge Valerie Caproni, the former Nets shooting guard must also pay more than $3.1 million in restitution and forfeitures.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/03/ex-nets-player-terrence-williams-sentenced-to-10-years/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nypost_sitebuttons

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Plain Ole fashioned greed - will get you every time.

Terrence Williams sentenced to 10 years in prison for defrauding the NBA's health care plan

Former New Jersey Nets player Terrence Williams was sentenced to 10 years in prison Thursday for masterminding a scheme to steal $5 million from the National Basketball Association’s health care plan. Williams, 36, admitted in August 2022 to orchestrating the conspiracy, in which he roped in 18 former ballers to defraud the NBA’s Health and Welfare Benefit Plan that provides extra coverage to former and retired players. In addition to the hefty prison time handed down by Manhattan federal Judge Valerie Caproni, the former Nets shooting guard must also pay more than $3.1 million in restitution and forfeitures.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/03/ex-nets-player-terrence-williams-sentenced-to-10-years/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nypost_sitebuttons

Not saying he doesn't deserve punishment.   Still, assault  your wife?  30 days.  Try to take our money ?  10 years!

• Thanks 2

Putting together my all 'f-around 'n find out' team.  Here are a few candidates:

Mikel Bridges - obviously a good player but he bout ta find out life hit diffr'nt when you're #1 on the scouting report .. every night ... and you're not given a cushion to make the playoffs.

The TOR two - OG and Barnes, we've covered this.  Be careful whatchu wish for, bois.  Maybe Siakim and FVV were "in the way" of them getting an increased role.  But those guys played a lot of winning basketball including being part of a title team.  So, if they were holding the young guys to a standard that (allegedly) got the young guys miffed, why are we to believe the young guys were in the right there?  Well, we gon' see.

SAC - They were a good story but this year they're gonna be the living embodiment of the country saying, 'ain't no fun when tha rabbit got tha gun'.  They won't fly under folks' radars this year.  We'll see if they can sustain.

Miami - The year after their runs is usually a down year.  The idea that they're just gonna walk back to the Finals is laughable, Dame or not.  Let's remember they were a play-in team and barely skated by the Bulls to get into the playoffs.  Yes, the run was remarkable but let's not act like they were a juggernaut all along the way.  A LOT broke their way and there's no reason, despite excellent coaching, to expect it all to magically come together again. 

Those are the first few.  Others to be named later. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Putting together my all 'f-around 'n find out' team.  Here are a few candidates:

Mikel Bridges - obviously a good player but he bout ta find out life hit diffr'nt when you're #1 on the scouting report .. every night ... and you're not given a cushion to make the playoffs.

The TOR two - OG and Barnes, we've covered this.  Be careful whatchu wish for, bois.  Maybe Siakim and FVV were "in the way" of them getting an increased role.  But those guys played a lot of winning basketball including being part of a title team.  So, if they were holding the young guys to a standard that (allegedly) got the young guys miffed, why are we to believe the young guys were in the right there?  Well, we gon' see.

SAC - They were a good story but this year they're gonna be the living embodiment of the country saying, 'ain't no fun when tha rabbit got tha gun'.  They won't fly under folks' radars this year.  We'll see if they can sustain.

Miami - The year after their runs is usually a down year.  The idea that they're just gonna walk back to the Finals is laughable, Dame or not.  Let's remember they were a play-in team and barely skated by the Bulls to get into the playoffs.  Yes, the run was remarkable but let's not act like they were a juggernaut all along the way.  A LOT broke their way and there's no reason, despite excellent coaching, to expect it all to magically come together again. 

100% in agreement.  And I am here for the big Heat let down too.  I'm also in I'll believe it when i see it mode with OKC.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Now do who you think will be good. 

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm also in I'll believe it when i see it mode with OKC.  

I like them. Soth has the Nuggets and Wolves 🐺 I’ll take the Thunder.

IMG_9113.jpeg

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Rick has always been … well Rick. 

I don't completely disagree with ole Rick here about the way Boston turns it over but I guess I'd say to him : don't worry about other people's money when you don't pay your own child support.  

• Like 1