• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is Bruno Fernando? A scrub? Or a potential all time great?

TheNorthCydeRises

• Moderators
Just now, NBASupes said:

I am hoping he is somewhere between current Bam Adebayo and Mike Miller by year 3. I do think we won't know what we got in Bruno till the end of his rookie deal.

Mike Miller?  Please explain.  I don't think i understand their similarities.  

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Ohh.  Yes  Brad Miller.  Who i always really liked.  That dude was pretty strong.   I'd love if Bruno became Mike Miller too but that's a pretty tough ask.   Maybe that's  more Cam's future.

Cam shows a lot more than Mike ever did in terms of dribble drive flashes, speed, agility, and defense. Mike was a hell of a shooter with vision who had sneaky athleticism in his youth. 

We actually have Mike Miller little brother on the team in Kevin Huerter. My nickname for him is Mike Miller Lite 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

Eventually, all rookies should just do things automatically.  Right now, Hawks has three rookies who are still in the "think and act" mode.  Sooner or later, they will go into the "act" mode.  No having to pause and think about what they are going to do.

Bruno has played less than the other two and it will take him longer.  But, he will "get it" and become a very good NBA player.  This I believe.

We see him doing some very good things right now.  He will only get better and better as the years and seasons come and go.  I'm very glad that he's a Hawk !!

:clapping:

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 hours ago, AHF said:

He is clearly more than a scrub.

He is more versatile than a mere rim runner although he can do this.

I don't think he'll be big enough to be a true bruiser but he should fill out to be able to hold his own.

He is a potential stretch 4/5, although not in the "all I do is shoot 3's" mold of some stretch guys.

Not comparable to big game as a fast break monster.

I think he is going to be a solid rotation guy who has the potential to be a starter (solid odds here) or a borderline AS ala Brad Miller (ceiling).  Hope I'm underestimating him but he has had a nice rookie season so far for a 2nd rounder who will benefit a lot from development.

I've been thinking like Nene for awhile now

48 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Best rookie from draft based on value is Eric Paschall. Second round pick paying lights out for the dubs.

That's because he's getting playing time.

If they'll give "Mr. Plus" ( aka Bruno ) some extended minutes, we may see better production out of him too.

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's because he's getting playing time.

If they'll give "Mr. Plus" ( aka Bruno ) some extended minutes, we may see better production out of him too.

Paschall is also getting more production per minute.  

Paschall: 16.4 PER, 19.3 PP36 on .606% TS%, WS/48 0.086

Fernando:  12.8 PER, 13.4 PP36 on .584% TS%, WS/48 0.040

I would also like to see Bruno getting more time, especially on nights where Jones and Len struggle (which has been most nights for one or both of them).

Bear in mind that Paschall is another 23 year old so this is not shocking that he is more NBA ready than most of the rookies in this class.