• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KB's thoughts on team building

KB21

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, marco102 said:
20 hours ago, KB21 said:

It's becoming pretty apparent that nothing is actually going to happen at the trade deadline.  So, who are we going to draft in the 2021 lottery since it is apparent that Travis Schlenk will not do anything to improve the team for now.

Please admit you were wrong about this.  So we can all finally see you say you were wrong about something!  

I believe you should expect the response to go something like, "I said for now. And he did not. The team that takes the floor tonight and for the foreseeable future will have no improvements."

And KB, God love him, will be right once again, even if only due to a technicality. 😉

• Haha 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, sturt said:

As long as the build-up actually works.

That's where we're at now, of course. We're on the cusp over the 20-21 and 21-22 seasons to learn whether we've gained something better than the trajectory/treadmill we were on before.

Isn't this season and last season a ton more fun to watch than the previous two 'competitive' seasons?   It is for me. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Like you said, @macdaddy... it's a really interesting discussion, as long as you also take into account the two lost seasons where there was little fun in watching. But yeah, if we could just do the time travel thing, and we could be in this situation the year after having made the playoffs? Yes, no question, a ton more fun because we have some extra reason for hope to ascend to something beyond 1st or 2nd round exits at some point in the next 2-3 seasons.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Isn't this season and last season a ton more fun to watch than the previous two 'competitive' seasons?   It is for me. 

Oh yeah.  Watching this team lose with no hope of competing has been a blast.  It's as exciting as cleaning my lamp shades.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

KB loved watching us get outscored by 70 points in 2016-17 along with the idea of using up all our cap room to pay an extra $38.3M for that same team with Sap ($11.2M), THJr ($14.3M) and Dennis ($12.8M) getting double digit raises.  39 wins (our projected record that year) is way more fun than watching Trae Young develop into an All-Star starter.

Yep.  Getting outscored by 465 points through a little over half a season is much more fun.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Seriously though.  It's entertainment.  Isn't watching Trae Young and Collins become stars, and hopefully some other too, way more fun than watching middling vets do the same thing every game?   

Don't think he's gonna budge, @macdaddy.

tenor.gif?itemid=5623276

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Seriously though.  It's entertainment.  Isn't watching Trae Young and Collins become stars, and hopefully some other too, way more fun than watching middling vets do the same thing every game?   

No.  Watching young players who do not understand how to win in the NBA is not fun.  It's excruciatingly painful to watch.  

I am enjoying watching Cam get better each month, getting closer to his personal goals 

I have enjoyed the last two years of Trae Young more than anytime as a Hawk fan without Al, Deke, and Nique. Easily. 

I enjoying watching Kevin and De'Andre. 

I enjoying watching John battle. 

Other than the Bench who I hate, I enjoy watching this team. 

I see what you are saying KB. This team execution level is poor at best. For a fan who also enjoyed peak Bud, this is night and day different. 

This is a process, we gotta let it bake.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am enjoying watching Cam get better each month, getting closer to his personal goals 

I have enjoyed the last two years of Trae Young more than anytime as a Hawk fan without Al, Deke, and Nique. Easily. 

I enjoying watching Kevin and De'Andre. 

I enjoying watching John battle. 

Other than the Bench who I hate, I enjoy watching this team. 

I see what you are saying KB. This team execution level is poor at best. For a fan who also enjoyed peak Bud, this is night and day different. 

This is a process, we gotta let it bake.

Until the focus is on winning games and not individual performances, the process is not going to produce the desired results.  

• Moderators
11 hours ago, KB21 said:

The Heat are about to land Iguodala and Gallinari.  This essentially locks them into the #2 seed in the East with the bets chance of anyone in the conference to knock of the mighty Buds.  

I just don't see it though.  You think they really will?  I'm guessing they fade as usual.  Gallinari and Iggy will most likely hurt themselves before the playoffs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I just don't see it though.  You think they really will?  I'm guessing they fade as usual.  Gallinari and Iggy will most likely hurt themselves before the playoffs. 

I don’t think anyone will beat the Bucks.  Bud is too good.  Miami has the best chance of anyone.  I love what they have done and how they have built their team.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I don’t think anyone will beat the Bucks.  Bud is too good.  Miami has the best chance of anyone.  I love what they have done and how they have built their team.

It'll be interesting to see if they are really contenders in this year 6 of retooling or whether it's more 2nd round exits or worse for the next few.  

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Bud is good; credit to him.  The team is deep; credit to Jon Horst.  But Giannis is the guy you should be name checking with that team.  Without him, they are at best the Pacers.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It'll be interesting to see if they are really contenders in this year 6 of retooling or whether it's more 2nd round exits or worse for the next few.  

Well, they have at least been competing for a playoff spot in every single season and not top 5 draft picks.