• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KB's thoughts on team building

KB21

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Cam should average more than that. Its impossible to think Trae won't continue to score a lot. He loves to score.

Yep....I just didnt feel like arguing with him..lol

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Don't feed it man.  

I'm sitting here thinking Hunter didn't have a decent game. He only took 5 shots, but he was playing good defense and we were complaining about his rebounding and now he's been on a rebounding tear. 13 pts 11 rebounds 60% shooting.  Great game D. Hunt. 

Kevin's game has been off lately as far as shooting, but he's playmaking and rebounding at a good level.  Sigh I have to say this, but he may be feeling the pressure of Cam playing better and pressing a bit. Still had 10 pts, 5 rebounds and 6 assists with 1 turnover.  That's a solid game, other than shooting 33% from the fiel. 

Graham is becoming what I dreamed Bembry would be. He's making solid plays, playing good defense and he's hitting his 3's as of late at a much better clip. 

Cam FAM - As his official stan account.  The kid is growing up right before our eyes.  22 pts, 7 rebs, 1 assist and 1 steal on 57% shooting and 37.5% from three. Great defense!  He has SUPERSTAR potential. He's been consistently excellent when you consider his start.  Just wow Cam! He's legitamately the third best player on the team right now.

John freaking Collins - Playing for that max contract.  Always bringing the energy and better defense. John is special people. We complain about what he doesn't do well, but he does so much well that he's an overall plus. 

Trae Young - Yes! Yes! Yes! Kid's getting his legs back. He dropped 31 pts, 4 rebs, 16 assists, 6 turnovers on good efficiency.  That 2.67 assist to turnover ratio is a dream for me.  He missed the those shots at the end, but came on strong in the overtime like the superstar he is! 

Coach LP - Loved the honesty in the press conference and great challenge.

It’s truly amazing that you guys are so comfortable with losing that you will get blinded by the flashes that are shown in the midst of all the horrific losing this team has done over the past three seasons.  You truly cannot see that the flashes are not sustainable in the least.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

We get smoked with everyone healthy, so it doesn’t really matter.  

12 - 14 over our last 26 and 5 - 5 over our last 10 is not getting smoked. Blatant false statement. We get beat about 1/2 the time when we are full strength; and for a team that has four starters 22 and under, and five key players 22 and under, that is not a sky is falling win/loss record.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

12 - 14 over our last 26 and 5 - 5 over our last 10 is not getting smoked. Blatant false statement. We get beat about 1/2 the time when we are full strength; and for a team that has four starters 22 and under, and five key players 22 and under, that is not a sky is falling win/loss record.

Many bought into the way last season ended as well. 

29 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Many bought into the way last season ended as well. 

Of course we did and you should as well. Trae has blown up last seasons 2nd half performance; and Collins, since his return, is blowing up his last season performance.

Collins will be a All Star next season. There are only five players in the NBA who are averaging 20 and 10 or better. Of those five, Collins leads the pack in FG% and eFG%; while also being 1st in blocks per game.

I know you love how Schlenk is drafting, go ahead and own it.

Edited by Buzzard

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Of course we did and you should as well. Trae has blown up last seasons 2nd half performance; and Collins, since his return, is blowing up his last season performance.

Collins will be a All Star next season. There are only five players in the NBA who are averaging 20 and 10. Of those five, Collins leads the pack in FG% and eFG%; while also being 1st in blocks per game.

I know you love how Schlenk is drafting, go ahead and own it.

Collins is also last among that group in WAR by a fairly large margin.

24 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Collins is also last among that group in WAR by a fairly large margin.

Everyone of these players has more experience in the league than Collins who is in his 3rd season. What exactly is it that you are constantly ranting on when this is the company Collins is keeping?

Estimated Plus/Minus-EPM
Giannis 7th Season in the league:
EPM +8.7
Towns 5th Season in the league:
EPM +6.0
Jokic 5th Season in the league:
EPM +5.4
Embiid 6th Season since drafted. 4th Season of playing games:
EPM +3.9
Collins 3rd Season in the league:
EPM +2.5

How can you not like a 19th pick doing this in his 3rd season is what confuses me.

https://dunksandthrees.com/epm

Edited by Buzzard
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Everyone of these players has more experience in the league than Collins who is in his 3rd season. What exactly is it that you are constantly ranting on when this is the company Collins is keeping?

Estimated Plus/Minus-EPM
Giannis 7th Season in the league:
EPM +8.7
Towns 5th Season in the league:
EPM +6.0
Jokic 5th Season in the league:
EPM +5.4
Embiid 6th Season since drafted. 4th Season of playing games:
EPM +3.9
Collins 3rd Season in the league:
EPM +2.5

How can you not like a 19th pick doing this in his 3rd season is what confuses me.

https://dunksandthrees.com/epm

I never said I didn’t like it, but you know, they will have to make a decision whether to pay him a max deal like those players are getting/will get.  

I personally do not believe a player should get a max deal unless they make major contributions to winning.

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I never said I didn’t like it, but you know, they will have to make a decision whether to pay him a max deal like those players are getting/will get.  

I personally do not believe a player should get a max deal unless they make major contributions to winning.

That is a decision for Schlenk but I say no way we can let Collins walk for free. That will set us back at least two full seasons and the bottom line for me is this:

If a 31/32 year old SAP and 33 year old Horford were worth 30 million a season, I think a soon to be 23 year old Collins will be to somebody, that is for damn sure.

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

That is a decision for Schlenk but I say no way we can let Collins walk for free. That will set us back at least two full seasons and the bottom line for me is this:

If a 31/32 year old SAP and 33 year old Horford were worth 30 million a season, I think a soon to be 23 year old Collins will be to somebody, that is for damn sure.

Yeah, I don’t trust Schlenk to make the correct decision here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

At this time, the right decision is to not pay him max money.

The correct decision is to not let him walk for nothing to another team. That is the absolute worse case scenario and I don't think Schlenk will let it happen.

I would pay him a max myself if that is what it takes. I think Schlenk will to.

21 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Cam should average more than that. Its impossible to think Trae won't continue to score a lot. He loves to score.

At age 26, Scottie Pippen averaged 21/7.7/7 on 50% shooting.  Best case scenario, this is Cam. Worst case,  18/5/5 but realize that age 26 is where Pippen came in to his own.  True, the NBA as a whole was more mature then, less 20 years olds to take advantage of but I'm looking at Cam's real potential to not be shown until he is 23-24.  In the next 3 years, he'll naturally gain 10-15 lbs of muscle and better handles. He'll have 2-3 offseasons to work on footwork, team defense and refine his pull up and short game. 

8 hours ago, thecampster said:

At age 26, Scottie Pippen averaged 21/7.7/7 on 50% shooting.  Best case scenario, this is Cam. Worst case,  18/5/5 but realize that age 26 is where Pippen came in to his own.  True, the NBA as a whole was more mature then, less 20 years olds to take advantage of but I'm looking at Cam's real potential to not be shown until he is 23-24.  In the next 3 years, he'll naturally gain 10-15 lbs of muscle and better handles. He'll have 2-3 offseasons to work on footwork, team defense and refine his pull up and short game. 

Cam scores a lot easier than Pippen. He's not Pippen. It would be great if he was this multi dimensional can run the offense, create for others and himself and play lockdown defense but Cam right now looks like an exceptional scoring guard, who has some playmaking chops who potentially can play exceptional defense who could be a marksman shooting the Basketball in time. I don't see the two to be that simple. I just think Cam is Trae's Pippen to his Jordan. Doesn't mean Cam is Pippen or Trae is Jordan.

We need Cam to be the best Cam like we need Trae to be the best Trae. He's not Pippen and will never be Pippen. Trae is not Jordan and will never be Jordan.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, KB21 said:

We get smoked with everyone healthy, so it doesn’t really matter.  

Oops!  Guess what.  We forgot the two newest Hawks that are still unable to play, due to injuries that they already had when they became Hawks.

We don't even know if they will be a big help or not.  We hope and believe they will be a boost to the team.  One of our known weakest points is rebounding and rim protection.  These two are said to help this.

We have hoped to be able to see these two on the floor with our Hawks.  The end of the season is looming in the near future and, still, we wait.  Skal and Capela, get well soon!

:smug: