• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KB's thoughts on team building

KB21

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Why wouldn't I, those two have excellent talent. It's about understanding everyone has a different time period and for Bagley, you gotta be healthy. Nothing more, nothing less. Availability is the best ability to have. 

Glad you came to your senses on Zion. You sounded like a f***ing idiot back then and you refused to listen otherwise. 

Reddish is ahead of schedule based on what I saw in the preseason and first 10 games like Trae was last year at this time. 

I still want to see Cam make another leap in terms of playmaking but given his role on offense, if he maintains what he's did for Jan, I am okay going into the offseason. 

I think Cam could have a massive breakout in 2020-2021. 

For Cam, volume 3pt shooting with high percentages is the goal. I also want to see him continue to make the finishing improvements when been seeing. 

I also want more off ball actions like we saw at Duke but not so much here. 

I think he can have a DeVonte Graham like breakout in year 2 but obviously special defense unlike Graham. 

Cam could be an All Star next year. He's that talented. 

For Cam, year 3-4 when he gets craft and understanding of the game at a higher level and can draw 7-10 fouls a game is when superstardom will come calling. I just think he's not as close to that right now. I would love to see him add a smooth floater to his game like Trae has but like Trae, with craft. Right now, Cam floater is all over the place and usually lacks craft. Cam can be a superstar, everyone in the org, coaches, management, players see it. 

How many superstars in the NBA can you think of that were bad in college and also bad as rookies?

Just now, KB21 said:

How many superstars in the NBA can you think of that were bad in college and also bad as rookies?

Cam wasn't bad on film. I wish you would stop saying he was bad. He's not even bad right now, especially on defense where he's good for anyone in the NBA. 

Your understanding of bad and mines seems to be completely different. 

20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

JJJ is polished. Hell so was Marvin. Cam has much better talent and much better potential. Cam is generational for what he is. JJJ is just different because we don't have many 3/D centers or false centers since he's really a PF right now. 

I don't think you can consider JJJ as a PF, as he does not have any "power."  When you're 6'11" and you rebound like a 6'1" guard, I'm just sayin'.

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Cam wasn't bad on film. I wish you would stop saying he was bad. He's not even bad right now, especially on defense where he's good for anyone in the NBA. 

Your understanding of bad and mines seems to be completely different. 

He was abjectly bad.  

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He was abjectly bad.  

This is your opinion. Not mines who watched every game for Duke as well as every Hawks game. We can agree to disagree. I am pretty sure I will point out data and you will too and it will just be a forever circle of I'm right, no I'm right but you just don't have the level of intellect on this topic for me to move forward with you.

Thank you KB, but you are deadass wrong on Reddish and you will continue to eat shit on this topic like Diesel with his Kaman is forever superior to Horford hot takes. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I hope I am wrong, but I’ve never seen anyone who was bad in college and didn’t bite as a rookie who went in to be a star.  

Cam has been biting pretty hard in 2020 for a 20 year old rookie.  He was terrible to start the year but his game has improved every month.  Trae was terrible to start last year too and he was not nearly as raw as Cam.  

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Yet, here we are, with both Paul and Tim making extremely positive impacts for playoff caliber teams this season while we are wondering if we will pick 1st or 2nd in the draft.

They are also like the 4th best players on those teams yet they'd be our centerpieces at $20 million +.   Therein lies the rub.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

They are also like the 4th best players on those teams yet they'd be our centerpieces at $20 million +.   Therein lies the rub.

The Hawks would be much better now with those two and Coach Bud.  

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Seriously, I was thinking that was a joke.  

Millsap is tied with Mason Plumlee for 6th best WS on the team.

THJr is the 7th highest WS for Dallas.

The idea that a team with those two and Dennis Schröder would be on track to a championship is amusing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, AHF said:

The idea that a team with those two and Dennis Schröder would be on track to a championship is amusing.

I never said anything about a championship, but this team also wouldn't be cycling through top 5 draft positions in the lottery on a yearly basis if they had simply just tweaked that roster.  

• Moderators
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I never said anything about a championship, but this team also wouldn't be cycling through top 5 draft positions in the lottery on a yearly basis if they had simply just tweaked that roster.  

They would be in the high lottery instead of low lottery and we would be capped out.  Hurray!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

With all the games SAP has missed this season ( 18 ) and his limited minutes, I don't see it. Some might have forgotten; he only played 38 games his fist season in Denver in 2017/18.

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

They would be in the high lottery instead of low lottery and we would be capped out.  Hurray!

I never understood the opinion that the team could just easily pivot away from old, expensive players to something more competitive with a few "tweaks" that didn't involve the lottery. The salary cap don't work that way. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I never understood the opinion that the team could just easily pivot away from old, expensive players to something more competitive with a few "tweaks" that didn't involve the lottery. The salary cap don't work that way. 

I've never understood the opinion that you can effectively rebuild a team by blowing it up and intentionally going into the lottery, spending years upon years drafting high draft picks hoping that one pans out.