• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KB's thoughts on team building

KB21

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

He'll never be any better than he is today.  Cam is as good as him now and has no ceiling to how much better he'll be.

I think you are underselling Clarke regardless of how people think about Cam.  He has been much better this season than Cam and certainly has the potential to  get better.  I agree there is much less room for improvement but I don't see any reason he can't get better.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

JJJ went 3-10 and 0-2 from 3 and his D got hard when he saw him dunk on bad lateral defender and cross another terrible lateral defender in Maker but he wants to shit on Reddish who's superior talent wise. Got better court vision. A nice smooth stroke, none of that shotput shit. While he's not much of a jump-explosiveness guy, he's coordinated, fluid and fast af in the open court. 

Cam unlike JJJ has all of the tools and skills needed to be a professional scorer and an elite defender. He's not just a 3/D guy like JJJ. 

Cam isn't even close to JJJ as a prospect.  JJJ was the better college player, and he's been the better NBA player.  JJJ has a positive impact on his team.  

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think you are underselling Clarke regardless of how people think about Cam.  He has been much better this season than Cam and certainly has the potential to  get better.  I agree there is much less room for improvement but I don't see any reason he can't get better.

I think you are underselling my exaggerating in making my point. 🤠

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Think about what?  We were on the path to the lottery even if Budcox had stayed to guide us as Millsap entered FA.  The damage was already done.  Bud had the team on a rotten foundation and were lucky to have not been in the lottery that last year before we tore down.

Bud would have found a way to keep this team out of the lottery.

• Sad 1

Just now, KB21 said:

Cam has a -0.6 WAR compared to Brandon's 1.4 WAR.

I am not going to dog out Clarke because hell, I had him on the same tier as Reddish. But you are comparing oranges to apples. Cam's role is A LOT harder. He starts and even when he doesn't, his match-up is normally the best offensive wing on the other team. He has a really shitty Oct and Nov which killed a lot of his metrics but has since had a great run at it, especially in Jan. We ask him to do a lot more for us than MEM ask of Clarke. Clarke isn't ask to do that much. Also, you can't compare the WAR of a rookie PF to a rookie wing or guard. It's a much harder position to be a wing in the NBA than a PF which is the easiest position in the modern NBA. 

Just now, txsting said:

Let's take the Cam stuff outside this thread, I don't want to get involved in it.  KB21, you're not wrong, but let's not shit in this thread.

My wife made pinto beans and cornbread for me last night.  I'm ready to take a dump.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
Just now, KB21 said:

Bud would have found a way to keep this team out of the lottery.

Bud was lucky to avoid the lottery with Sap.  By the numbers, they overachieved to get in at all.  It would have been worse the next season with THJr and Sap demanding huge increases.  You were either going to put yourself into cap hell with a team that was at best a first round out and that carried a significant probability of missing the playoffs anyway.  Garbage foundation.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I am not going to dog out Clarke because hell, I had him on the same tier as Reddish. But you are comparing oranges to apples. Cam's role is A LOT harder. He starts and even when he doesn't, his match-up is normally the best offensive wing on the other team. He has a really shitty Oct and Nov which killed a lot of his metrics but has since had a great run at it, especially in Jan. We ask him to do a lot more for us than MEM ask of Clarke. Clarke isn't ask to do that much. Also, you can't compare the WAR of a rookie PF to a rookie wing or guard. It's a much harder position to be a wing in the NBA than a PF which is the easiest position in the modern NBA. 

So explain why he wasn't good in college as well.

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Cam isn't even close to JJJ as a prospect.  JJJ was the better college player, and he's been the better NBA player.  JJJ has a positive impact on his team.  

JJJ is polished. Hell so was Marvin. Cam has much better talent and much better potential. Cam is generational for what he is. JJJ is just different because we don't have many 3/D centers or false centers since he's really a PF right now. 

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Bud was lucky to avoid the lottery with Sap.  By the numbers, they overachieved to get in at all.  It would have been worse the next season with THJr and Sap demanding huge increases.  You were either going to put yourself into cap hell with a team that was at best a first round out and that carried a significant probability of missing the playoffs anyway.  Garbage foundation.

Yet, here we are, with both Paul and Tim making extremely positive impacts for playoff caliber teams this season while we are wondering if we will pick 1st or 2nd in the draft.

Just now, KB21 said:

So explain why he wasn't good in college as well.

I got an entire thread you can read about how I feel about Cam Reddish. 

I been saying, I felt he was better on tape than statistically. LP would agree 100% and so would TS. It's gonna be upped soon anyway. 

Just now, KB21 said:

We will see.  I'm not willing to continue losing just because some think Cam is going to be this superstar 5 years from now.

He will be a superstar sooner than that but of course, you thought Zion would be a flop in college and in the NBA last year so we all know about you bro. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

He will be a superstar sooner than that but of course, you thought Zion would be a flop in college and in the NBA last year so we all know about you bro. 

Correction.  I don't buy into AAU hype, and I never bought into Zion until I saw him play in college.  When I saw him in college, it was pretty clear that he was among the two best prospects in last year's draft.  

Of course, the comment above mine is coming from a guy who still thinks Mo Bamba and Marvin Bagley are superstars.  

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Correction.  I don't buy into AAU hype, and I never bought into Zion until I saw him play in college.  When I saw him in college, it was pretty clear that he was among the two best prospects in last year's draft.  

Of course, the comment above mine is coming from a guy who still thinks Mo Bamba and Marvin Bagley are superstars.  

Why wouldn't I, those two have excellent talent. It's about understanding everyone has a different time period and for Bagley, you gotta be healthy. Nothing more, nothing less. Availability is the best ability to have. 

Glad you came to your senses on Zion. You sounded like a f***ing idiot back then and you refused to listen otherwise. 

Reddish is ahead of schedule based on what I saw in the preseason and first 10 games like Trae was last year at this time. 

I still want to see Cam make another leap in terms of playmaking but given his role on offense, if he maintains what he's did for Jan, I am okay going into the offseason. 

I think Cam could have a massive breakout in 2020-2021. 

For Cam, volume 3pt shooting with high percentages is the goal. I also want to see him continue to make the finishing improvements based on what I am seeing. 

I also want more off ball actions like we saw at Duke but not so much here. 

I think he can have a DeVonte Graham like breakout in year 2 but obviously special defense unlike Graham. 

Cam could be an All Star next year. He's that talented. 

For Cam, year 3-4 when he gets craft and understanding of the game at a higher level and can draw 7-10 fouls a game is when superstardom will come calling. I just think he's not as close to that right now. I would love to see him add a smooth floater to his game like Trae has but like Trae, with craft. Right now, Cam floater is all over the place and usually lacks craft. Cam can be a superstar, everyone in the org, coaches, management, players see it. 

Edited by NBASupes