• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020 - 2nd half Hawks: Chase for the 8th seed

NBASupes

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Thankfully we play in Atlanta, not hell. Let's go Hawks! 

I’d love nothing more than for it to happen, but when you are playing Cam Reddish and DeAndre Hunter heavy minutes, you are going to struggle to win games.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Can the Hawks catch Orlando? We have the weakest schedule in the NBA coming up, we got depth, we got vets, we got a center, we got 2nd half Trae and Killa Cam, we got 2nd half LP, let's get it!

Nah man.

We may only be 9 games back but we'd have to pass 7 teams to get there.

Gotta win 80% ish of our games and have all other teams go on epic losing streaks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I’d love nothing more than for it to happen, but when you are playing Cam Reddish and DeAndre Hunter heavy minutes, you are going to struggle to win games.

Cam Reddish been playing very well within the last month. You can keep hating but the reality is we are finally built to win games. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nah man.

We may only be 9 games back but we'd have to pass 7 teams to get there.

Gotta win 80% ish of our games and have all other teams go on epic losing streaks.

Its possible. Why?

Because we have a center. Not just one but two. We were getting trash from that position and now we are getting quality production from that position. 

Considering Cam improvement, I really think we can pull this off. 

Call me optimistic but I am buying playoff stock.

Besides, no one got a schedule close to as easy as us outside of NO who got hit with a tough early schedule like us

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Its possible. Why?

Because we have a center. Not just one but two. We were getting trash from that position and now we are getting quality production from that position. 

Considering Cam improvement, I really think we can pull this off. 

Call me optimistic but I am buying playoff stock.

Capela won't be back for awhile. Dedmon needs to get up to speed.

You'll lose your money with that bet.

Again, it's not about us winning, it's about leap frogging the 7 teams ahead of us.

• Like 2

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Capela won't be back for awhile. Dedmon needs to get up to speed.

You'll lose your money with that bet.

Again, it's not about us winning, it's about leap frogging the 7 teams ahead of us.

Capela is expected to be back by asw. In fact MDA said he can play right now. 

While 40 wins in an impossible task, if 36 wins is the mark, I think we can get to 37-38. If someone gets hot ahead of us, then oh well. But I can see this working for us. 

Just now, sturt said:

Wet blanket here.

Schlenk isn't so much changing course and attempting to make the playoffs this year as he was just taking advantage of two extremely fortunate opportunities that dropped in his proverbial lap.

We were always going to be trying to add to our front line in free agency. He's effectively done so on the cheap a few months early.

Development is still the priority, not winning. But win, we almost certainly will do more of, assuming Capela's injury isn't more severe than we currently understand and/or if Dedmon returns to his Atlanta Hawk self.

Of course but development was the priority last year and we were still winning games. I counted 23 potential wins for us. That's 37 wins. If that can get us at 8th, we got a chance. In this EC, it's possible 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

we got a chance

Yeah, but you need to say that in your best Lloyd Christmas voice.

I'd even go so far as to say, if we begin leapfrogging teams to the playoffs, we'll see players in more need of development increasingly getting more minutes. Schlenk wants another high draft pick, imo.

I’m hoping we can get to 30 wins. That’s my number for success of an otherwise disappointing season that had so much promise to start the year.

Can we finish 16-14 to reach this mark? Time will tell 

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

Yeah, but you need to say that in your best Lloyd Christmas voice.

I'd even go so far as to say, if we begin leapfrogging teams to the playoffs, we'll see players in more need of development increasingly getting more minutes. Schlenk wants another high draft pick, imo.

I seen crazier happen. 

I'm gonna be in my optimistic bus. I hope others join me but I get it if you don't. It's a mountain of a task

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I’m hoping we can get to 30 wins. That’s my number for success of an otherwise disappointing season that had so much promise to start the year.

Can we finish 16-14 to reach this mark? Time will tell 

We can easily surpass that. I thought that was possible with no trades as long as the guys are available 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I seen crazier happen. 

I'm gonna be in my optimistic bus. I hope others join me but I get it if you don't. It's a mountain of a task

Welcome, of course, to that hope, but fwiw, I'm with those who consider it to be meaningless to make the playoffs this season. My optimism is for us to play impressively, to win more in the 2nd half than in the 1st half, but still gain a top 5 pick.

• Like 1