• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020 - 2nd half Hawks: Chase for the 8th seed

NBASupes

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I’d love nothing more than for it to happen, but when you are playing Cam Reddish and DeAndre Hunter heavy minutes, you are going to struggle to win games.

I kinda agree. If we had good vets earlier in the season so the rookies could have been brought along more slowly, we might have a chance..

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Cam Reddish been playing very well within the last month. You can keep hating but the reality is we are finally built to win games. 

Agreed.  Cam has improved ALOT.. IM just saying they were forced to play too many min early on..

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Agreed.  Cam has improved ALOT.. IM just saying they were forced to play too many min early on..

It worked, well at least for Cam. For Hunter, it's seemed to be negative. Hopefully Dedmon and Capela can change that. Both Trae and Hunter have been building some traits that I don't like in the last couple of months. I want to see that changed. 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It worked, well at least for Cam. For Hunter, it's seemed to be negative. Hopefully Dedmon and Capela can change that. Both Trae and Hunter have been building some traits that I don't like in the last couple of months. I want to see that changed. 

Yeah HUnter hit the wall a while ago..I need to see a lot more next year if hes the starting sf going forward. Hopefully we bring in a vet wing. 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

Even though we are playing much better. Capela is on the shelf, then would need time developing some chemistry 🧪 with the team. No. I mean I could see us winning a lot more games coming up but it’s a tall task.

I am ready to start winning though so I’m down and I like your thinking.

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Can the Hawks catch Orlando? We have the weakest schedule in the NBA coming up, we got depth, we got vets, we got a center, we got 2nd half Trae and Killa Cam, we got 2nd half LP, let's get it!

I'm going to say the same thing I said the last time someone brought up the playoffs........

I just want to see the team win more than 2 in a row before I get overly excited. Also, injuries is what is most likely to derail your optimism. As a reminder, Capela, Cam, Hunter, Bruno, and Heurter have all spent time out for injuries this year (not to mention Trae with his bum ankle). So while the wins and losses may be a daunting, but doable task, the injury situation is what concerns me more. 

Get healthy. Win more than 2 in a row. Then let's talk. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pimp said:

We needed a vet last night . Hunter should have been yanked from the game a few times , especially in crunch time.

It was like before every play , he would ask himself “ WWJD” aka What Would Josh (Smith) Do. Then he would do something stupid. Smh

Game looks too fast for him right now. He came from Virginia afterall. lol

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

The question is why did Schlenk start the season with that horrible roster which included the likes of Parson, Crabbe, Jones, and Turner with no starting center or back up point guard and is now trying to correct the sins of last summer after the team's atrocious start to the season?  It looked like a tank roster from the start and now he wants to win?  Can someone explain?

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The question is why did Schlenk start the season with that horrible roster which included the likes of Parson, Crabbe, Jones, and Turner with no starting center or back up point guard and is now trying to correct the sins of last summer after the team's atrocious start to the season?  It looked like a tank roster from the start and now he wants to win?  Can someone explain?

My personal take is that I think he thought he would get more from those veterans (add Collins, Parker and Len to the list of guys who missed serious time or underperformed at times to add to the underperformance).  He clearly designed the team to be back in the lottery with the team projected to win 30 games this year.

I believe Schlenk has fully owned screwing up on his evaluation of those vets and is comfortable we will be in the mix for a good pick this year.  His focus is now on giving the guys a good environment for development the rest of the season with a goal of making the playoffs next season. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Can someone explain?

1. There was never an intention to make this season about winning. It was, is, and will continue to be about player development... thus, the players who will be getting the minutes will continue to be the young guys.

2. Sometimes a deal falls in your lap that makes long-term sense. Capela is Exhibit A. Now, had Jones or Len continued a positive trajectory, maybe the Capela deal wouldn't have even been necessary, but they both showed they'd hit their ceiling.

3. The Dedmon deal is more arguable, more of a roll of the dice. Had Dedmon's third year in his contract been guaranteed, I don't think that deal barely gets done.

• Like 4