• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What corona means for Hawks

Spud2nique

I can vouch for The Expanse. It is very good, especially if you're into Sci-Fi. 

Handmaid's Tale is also good. On the sickening side if you're not into seeing young women getting tortured and beaten up, but still. Aunt Lydia is, well, you'll find out.

Love Sci-Fi and dystopian stuff. Being a lifelong Atlanta sports fan, you can see how easily one can pick up watching disaster movies after watching so many live. 

Keep the lists coming...

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 4

• Admin
15 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

YESSSSS!!!! I told my gf I’m ready to help more around the house 🏡 and grout everything in sight! 😆 I got my toolbox 🧰 out!  Having said that, it’s day 1.... 

That aforementioned 2K might take over by day 2 😆.

I’m watching these:

New Girl 

Narcos

Schitts Creek

Better call Saul 

Better things

Goldbergs

Blackish

I use to work for PopTV that is the channel that broadcasts Schitt's Creek

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

When I watch downtown I feel like @MaceCase and sip my tea ☕️ really slow like a gent should. 

Driving Miss Daisy  (and sip your tea!)

The Young Riders (Pony express adventures - series)

Couple of good movies..

Any John Wayne movie is pretty good

Bruster's Millions - Old black & white or newer colored film.

• Like 4

• Moderators
18 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I keep shaking my head in disbelief - no more Hawks game, no more basketball....no sports. Period - for at least 30 days.

What are you guys gonna do?

Might be a good time to learn to play NBA 2K or Fortnite with the kiddo.

I can binge watch TV shows, any suggestions?

I'm currently watching Star Treck: Picard.

I just finished Altered Carbon on Netflix which is a great sci-fi show but the first season is "sultry" to say the least... LOTS of nudity. Second season is the exact opposite. lol Definitely one to watch after the kiddos are put down for the night. I mostly watch stand up comedy these days though. I heard Lost in Space is good too.

• Like 2

Movies that are not so much oldies but are goodies. These are excellent and you just don't know what is coming until in the end. There are just tons of others for sure.

The Usual Suspects

Below    this one is creepy, pretty great for the out of nowhere and just required really

U Turn

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hubby is watching The Expance. 

Also said I should try Pennyworth.

Pennyworth is indeed excellent. The Avengers meets H.G. Wells sorta kinda. Don't know how to describe it really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Movies that are not so much oldies but are goodies. These are excellent and you just don't know what is coming until in the end. There are just tons of others for sure.

The Usual Suspects

Below    this one is creepy, pretty glorious for the out of nowhere and just required really

U Turn

Scarface 

Pulp Fiction

The Great Escape (237th time)

The Mechanic 👨‍🔧 (An older but still 🦵 a$$ Bronson)

White Men can’t jump (212th time watching)

Pineapple Express 

Super Bad

There you got like all different decade movies 🎥 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As for a series. 68 Whiskey is on Paramount. It is excellent. A MASH type of show but the humor is a good bit more confrontational at times you know. More grit to it overall so as to apply to what has gone on in the last twenty years. Only in its first season but has some great characters and is a good watch for sure.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

MASH type

Pleas don’t say that. I know Mash isn’t really from my generation but as 10 year old in the mid 80’s every time there was a baseball ⚾️ rain delay, they would put Mash on forever! 😢 I associate Mash with rain ☔️ delays 😆 But I’m gonna still peep this 68 Gentleman Jack.

• Sad 1