• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good TV shows?

kg01

I'm always curious what folks watch and always look for new show ideas, especially now that there's no sports.

So, what do yall got?

I just finished Ozark, season 3.  Looking to start another series.  May go back and finish Narcos, season 2.

@kg01

Netflix

1. Atypical (Comedy)

2. Chewing Gum (Comedy)

3. On my Block (Dramedy)

4. Shameless (Dramedy) - Newest Season on Showtime

5. MindHunters - EXCELLENT Drama.  Second season is about the ATL child murders which I had no idea about. 

If wanting someting to watch with the kids - Locke & Key and Letter for the King are pretty good.

HBO

1. Watchmen

2. Outsider

3. GoT - If you haven't seen it.  The first three or four seasons are some of the best TV you'll see. 

4. Insecure (Comedy)

5. Sucession - Rich people drama, but it's really good.

Hulu

1.  Handmaids Tale (Drama)

2. Castle Rock (Steven King Universe)

3. Snowfall (Drama - FX series)

4. Grownish (Freeform, but it's on Hulu)

I really watch too much TV for my own good.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, marco102 said:

Castle Rock (Steven King Universe)

Typically cool Steven King stuff. Like how this one ties in characters and the way their timelines are related from his other books. Very eerie and cool show.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Better call Saul right now for me.   

Avenue 5 on HBO is pretty funny.  It's really dumb but funny

Schitt's Creek is super relaxing and funny

I watched a new independent movie call Extra Ordinary which was pretty funny.    It's on an app called Kino something that shows movies you'd otherwise be seeing right now in your local independent arthouse type theatre.   

• Like 2

9 hours ago, marco102 said:

@kg01

Netflix

1. Atypical (Comedy)

2. Chewing Gum (Comedy)

3. On my Block (Dramedy)

4. Shameless (Dramedy) - Newest Season on Showtime

5. MindHunters - EXCELLENT Drama.  Second season is about the ATL child murders which I had no idea about. 

If wanting someting to watch with the kids - Locke & Key and Letter for the King are pretty good.

HBO

1. Watchmen

2. Outsider

3. GoT - If you haven't seen it.  The first three or four seasons are some of the best TV you'll see. 

4. Insecure (Comedy)

5. Sucession - Rich people drama, but it's really good.

Hulu

1.  Handmaids Tale (Drama)

2. Castle Rock (Steven King Universe)

3. Snowfall (Drama - FX series)

4. Grownish (Freeform, but it's on Hulu)

I really watch too much TV for my own good.

First, yes, you watch too much tv.

Second, what does it say about me that I've pretty much watched everything on your list. 😄

Third, I stumbled upon a new HBO docuseries on the ATL child murders last night.  Always interests me because I recall, pretty vividly, that period of time in the A.  I was very young then so my earliest memories are of not being able to play in the front yard.  We lived literally across the street from the school, but we were not allowed to go to the playground.  Ever.

Another ATL-centric documentary I stumbled on was the one on Eastlake Meadows on PBS.  Another interesting watch since I grew up near there.

So, long story long, you're not the only one watchin' too much tv.  If anyone is into scifi, check out the Lost in Space reboot on Netflix.  Surprisingly good.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

"City on a Hill" is pretty good, though on Amazon it is time limited. Might want to give it a quick try to see if its your thing. Have liked Kevin Bacon ever since "Diner". Maybe will not really ever equal that for me but still good stuff yet much more intense.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/6/2020 at 12:27 AM, kg01 said:

I'm always curious what folks watch and always look for new show ideas, especially now that there's no sports.

So, what do yall got?

I just finished Ozark, season 3.  Looking to start another series.  May go back and finish Narcos, season 2.

Well you could watch a show from across the pond. The IT Crowd.

"The Outsider" is pretty badass for eerie stuff. Am always game for anything touched by Stephen King. HBO show I think but right now Hulu is giving us a peek at it and it is worth the visit.

• Like 1

This is on Starz so it might keep some folks at bay but man.... started into "American Gods" yesterday and it is crazy good, or maybe just plain crazy. Please check it out if possible. My SIL told me about it so it took me awhile before I actually took a look, you might know how that stuff goes, advice from a son in law. He is on my very good side now though. Actually he was anyway but "American Gods" took it a notch up. Think folks will really be surprised by it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The "Knives Out" movie is on Amazon and it is pretty good in a slightly dark but funny way. Not actually really dark because it is a bit ridiculous too. A lot of big actors in it. Sort of a cross between "Clue" and "Murder on the Orient Express." A fun escape.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, macdaddy said:

did anyone watch the Ballad of Buster Scruggs?   I'm a huge coen brothers fan but that thing was seriously depressing.   Beautifully shot but pretty brutal.  

Love most (90%) of the Coen bros stuff but man. Rough stuff there.