• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How do we get another 2020 1st (Non-Lotto)

JayBirdHawk

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I think a rotational vet at SF/PF and resigning Skal and Teague is probably what we are going to see. 

Boo!! We can do better than Teague and Skal. Especially Teague. And I dont even know what we'll get from Skal..lol

Edited by terrell

6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

yuck

Likely additions to our bench: 

Dedmon

One of the wings (Kevin, Cam, Hunter) 

Draft pick #6: Ball/Toppin/Hali/Okoro/Hayes/Deni/etc

Prince returns

#19 overall pick if we don't package it to move up. I can see S. Bey or Josh Green being the pick at this slot. 

PF via FA or trade

Skal

Bruno

Teague

15th man open. 

Goodwin/50 on two-way deals

We do not have a lot of slots open for vets in general. 

Who wants to be a 12th man and barely play or go to the G-League. Those are usually for kids. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Boo!! We can do better than Teague and Skal. Especially Teague. And I dont even know what we'll get from Skal..lol

TS likes and wants to resign Jeff. Why? I don't know. He was worse than Trae defensively and while our offense was solid with him, he never took threes. 

Skal was wanted by TS and still is. He did play well in Portland before he got hurt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, terrell said:

Teague was not good upon first rearrival but he played well the last week or so before the shutdown. He needed time to adjust. We run a very different system.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There is no way that happens and that's rather unrealistic.

PG, Wing, PF....Why is that unrealistic with all of the cap space we have? I thought yall wanted to go to the Playoffs? Hawks arent winning much with all of these younguns...

Edited by terrell

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Are you just saying end of the bench pieces?

Backup PG...Backup SF...Backup PF.. End of bench or CP should be draft pick/ Bruno/Skal/Goodwin...Bruno Goodwin College Park..

Edited by terrell

20 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

The question is why???  Why do you build a team to lose when the benefit isn't there meaning that there isn't a player in the draft that will impact your team more than a low level free agent.  Please answer that question!

The better question is why should anyone pay attention to someone who clearly isn't listening to anybody. 

PLAYER DEVELOPMENT. IT'S BEEN STATED SEVERAL TIMES. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Likely additions to our bench: 

Dedmon

One of the wings (Kevin, Cam, Hunter) 

Draft pick #6: Ball/Toppin/Hali/Okoro/Hayes/Deni/etc

Prince returns

#19 overall pick if we don't package it to move up. I can see S. Bey or Josh Green being the pick at this slot. 

PF via FA or trade

Skal

Bruno

Teague

15th man open. 

Goodwin/50 on two-way deals

We do not have a lot of slots open for vets in general. 

Who wants to be a 12th man and barely play or go to the G-League. Those are usually for kids. 

Prince? Wtf.. And What good is our cap space then if we have no slots? Btw, you think this is a playoff team next season?

Trae/Teague/Hayes

Cam/Huerter

Hunter/Prince/19th pick

Collins/Skal/Bruno

Capela/Dedmon

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

TS likes and wants to resign Jeff. Why? I don't know. He was worse than Trae defensively and while our offense was solid with him, he never took threes. 

Skal was wanted by TS and still is. He did play well in Portland before he got hurt. 

Schlenk must want Trae to leave after his rookie deal..lol. Teague didnt look good at all imo..Minnesota couldnt wait to get rid of him.....And We have no clue about Skals health. Or Capelas for that matter..Trae begs for help and we give him Skal, Dedmon, Prince,  pick 19, and Capela(whos coming off a injury)? Good luck..NONE of these guys can shoot....

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, terrell said:

PG, Wing, PF....Why is that unrealistic with all of the cap space we have? I thought yall wanted to go to the Playoffs? Hawks arent winning much with all of these younguns...

You said at EVERY position except C.

I'm just saying I don't see where all our 1st backups will be FA vets that are new to the roster. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, terrell said:

Schlenk must want Trae to leave after his rookie deal..lol. Teague didnt look good at all imo..Minnesota couldnt wait to get rid of him.....And We have no clue about Skals health. Or Capelas for that matter..Trae begs for help and we give him Skal, Dedmon, Prince,  pick 19, and Capela(whos coming off a injury)? Good luck..NONE of these guys can shoot....

Each of the highlighted can shoot pretty well for their positions. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, terrell said:

Who said Jeff has to be the primary backup? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, terrell said:

Prince? Wtf.. And What good is our cap space then if we have no slots? Btw, you think this is a playoff team next season?

Trae/Teague/Hayes

Cam/Huerter

Hunter/Prince/19th pick

Collins/Skal/Bruno

Capela/Dedmon

I do think that's a playoff team if the young guys step up. 

20 minutes ago, terrell said:

You're kinda overreacting to supes' musings.

When did Trae "beg" for help anyways?  Adding Capela was a coup.  Adding Deadman helped, solid backup.  If we were done right now, I'd have issues.  But we're not close to being done with the offseason.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You're kinda overreacting to supes' musings.

When did Trae "beg" for help anyways?  Adding Capela was a coup.  Adding Deadman helped, solid backup.  If we were done right now, I'd have issues.  But we're not close to being done with the offseason.

I like the Capela addition..But his health is a concern..Hopefully he comes back 100%..But even then he usually misses games...And Dedmon didnt look like the same player. Im sorry..But yeah I agree I might be overreacting, but I want to win games next season..So hopefully, we're not close to being done..

20 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Thus far, all Schlenk has proven is that he can assemble multiple lottery team while convincing the fan base that it will get better in the future if we draft enough lottery picks.  HE DONE A MASTERFUL CON JOB IN THAT REGARD.  It is yet to be determine whether he can assemble a winning team with a winning coaching staff.  Ferry proved his worth very early in the game.

If the Hawks are a lottery team after next season, I'll agree to this...........

Edited by terrell