• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 Hawks Season Schedule (1st Half)

JayBirdHawk

• Admin
20 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

That and they just want to be able to bring up the trade as much as possible in front of as many viewers as possible.

Narrative alert: Luka is the "face", Trae is the "heel" for my wrestling fans. They only want to beat up on Trae and will paint the matchup as such. If the Mavs lose they will still praise Luka. If we lose but Trae has a great game, we still lost the trade to them. Even if Luka has a bad game, wont matter. We lost the trade. We can't win to them, even if we win on the court.

I’m fine with the NBA focusing on it.  It gives us more exposure... the bird / magic did wonders

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

LWR_Recording.png

Hadn't bothered to stare at this for any length of time given the bigger roster-related issues on the proverbial plate.

Dang.

Hard to imagine that we get anything going in those first 20 games just as a natural consequence of too many new players and, let's face it, a head coach who really only now for the first time in his career, having his coaching skills (as opposed to player development) being put under a microscope and given legitimate scrutiny.

Then... look at those next 17 games. Pretty brutal. No 4 game stretches of projected-average-or-less teams. Only one 3 game stretch (SAS, IND, NYK).

Boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen... buckle up and get ready for some intense angst around these parts.

Conventionally speaking, there's almost no way we are considered a playoff team at the break, imo.

If we merely are considered a legit competitor for a playoff slot, that should be considered reason for excitement. Anything better than that should be reason for a kind of extreme rainbows and unicorns optimism like has seldom been found on HS.  And 15 wins in the first half (.400) seems a good over-under if you indulge in that kind of thing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Conventionally speaking, there's almost no way we are considered a playoff team at the break, imo.

If we merely are considered a legit competitor for a playoff slot, that should be considered reason for excitement. Anything better than that should be reason for a kind of extreme rainbows and unicorns optimism like has seldom been found on HS.  And 15 wins in the first half (.400) seems a good over-under if you indulge in that kind of thing.

Brace yourself, stu.

I agree with everything you said.  I'm looking for us to struggle to stay just-under .500 for the first half including some bad losses.

This team is still a work in process, by design.  I'm curious to see how well the site(s) hold their water until the team figures it out.  I'm predicting folks'll be at each others' throats by the first week.  Welcome to the real-life adaptation of Lord of the Flies.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Brace yourself, stu.

I agree with everything you said.  I'm looking for us to struggle to stay just-under .500 for the first half including some bad losses.

This team is still a work in process, by design.  I'm curious to see how well the site(s) hold their water until the team figures it out.  I'm predicting folks'll be at each others' throats by the first week.  Welcome to the real-life adaptation of Lord of the Flies.

I'm interested in the 1st 5 games to get a feel for what our offensive identity is supposed to be. Will it look as disjointed as it did in the preseason or will it look more like last season while incorporating the new comers or are we goimg to force the issue of incorporating the new comers over Trae being Trae.

I love our FA signings, but this about Trae. How he goes this team goes.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
On 12/22/2020 at 10:15 AM, sturt said:

LWR_Recording.png

Hadn't bothered to stare at this for any length of time given the bigger roster-related issues on the proverbial plate.

Dang.

Hard to imagine that we get anything going in those first 20 games just as a natural consequence of too many new players and, let's face it, a head coach who really only now for the first time in his career, having his coaching skills (as opposed to player development) being put under a microscope and given legitimate scrutiny.

Then... look at those next 17 games. Pretty brutal. No 4 game stretches of projected-average-or-less teams. Only one 3 game stretch (SAS, IND, NYK).

Boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen... buckle up and get ready for some intense angst around these parts.

Going as planned.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
On 12/22/2020 at 11:21 AM, kg01 said:

Brace yourself, stu.

Hey @kg01 - what say you?

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hey @kg01 - what say you?

Alls I can say is, "Greetings from 2021 ..."

Playing out just as I predicted.

Sad part is, to avoid strife and vitriol (that's inevitable on the squawk), I go to political sites.

Imagine that.

Congrats, squawkers.  Politics and religion are now less divisive than you.  Haha

• Haha 4

On 2/13/2021 at 10:37 AM, sturt said:

Going as planned.

Yeah.  I'm not sure how anyone could have legitimately expected the team to do anything other than what it is doing now.  It's pretty clear that DeAndre Hunter's emergence added some expectations, and his absence due to injury has contributed a lot to the recent slide, but this team is where I expected them to be at this point when they made the decisions they made four years ago.  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Yeah.  I'm not sure how anyone could have legitimately expected the team to do anything other than what it is doing now.  It's pretty clear that DeAndre Hunter's emergence added some expectations, and his absence due to injury has contributed a lot to the recent slide, but this team is where I expected them to be at this point when they made the decisions they made four years ago.  

Well lets be real.  We aren't here without all the injuries.  We were top 10 in offense and defense and over .500 before we lost key guys.    Not to rehash the tank/antitank thing but we were a solid playoff team.   Now we are without two starters and beyond Gallo its journeymen and rookies again for the bench.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Our bet is whether they will finish with one of the five worst records so they have some additional sliding to do to get you into the winner's circle.  Really hoping the team fares better than that.   This stretch has crushed our position for the time being. 

• Like 2