• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020 Player Rankings

JayBirdHawk

7 hours ago, AHF said:

If guys are backing off and not banging with him for rebounds, it means his rebounding is even worse than the stats make it look.  From people who watched him, since he clearly has the strength and isn't going to get outmuscled is this a lack of anticipation, a lack of effort or a product of his height (although with the Chuck Wagon and others I'm hesitant to even list this as a primary factor)?

I think its just the way used him. He was only on the court for short stretches, so I bet he just wasn't fully locked in. He also likes to leak out in transition which takes him away from the action.

Now that 50-11 are out, we know the Top 10.  I'll take a shot at the order:

10. Anthony Davis

9. Nicola Jokic 

8. Steph Curry

7. Luka Doncic

6. Dame Lilliard

5. James Harden

4. Kawhi Leonard

3. Kevin Durant

2. LeBron James

1. Giannis Antentakumpo

That's how I'd rank them anyway.  

EDIT:  I put Butler in when it should have been Joker

Edited by REHawksFan

• Moderators
8 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I think its just the way used him. He was only on the court for short stretches, so I bet he just wasn't fully locked in. He also likes to leak out in transition which takes him away from the action.

He got 28 mpg when he played which is more time than Cam and seems like plenty of time to “lock in.”  Moreover, I see this as an explanation for jump shooting but not rebounding.  If you are playing short spurts you should be able to go near all-out with energy.

He has to be better than that this season but I don’t buy any excuse for someone with his tools for rebounding.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

One could argue that on a pound for pound comparison, Trae is a better rebounder for his size than Zion, getting you over 4 per game.

One could also argue, not many people want to bang with Zion going for a 50/50 rebound. He puts new meaning to the phrase "throw your weight around." lol

Would you trade Zion for Collins?

5 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Now that 50-11 are out, we know the Top 10.  I'll take a shot at the order:

10. Anthony Davis

9. Nicola Jokic 

8. Steph Curry

7. Luka Doncic

6. Dame Lilliard

5. James Harden

4. Kawhi Leonard

3. Kevin Durant

2. LeBron James

1. Giannis Antentakumpo

That's how I'd rank them anyway.  

EDIT:  I put Butler in when it should have been Joker

Official list

10) Jokic

9) Harden

8 ) Curry

7) Lillard

6) Durant

5) Kawhi

4) That dude in Dallas

3) Giannis

2) Davis

1)

LeBron James continues to expand our concept of excellence

30 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Official list

10) Jokic

9) Harden

8 ) Curry

7) Lillard

6) Durant

5) Kawhi

4) That dude in Dallas

3) Giannis

2) Davis

1)

LeBron James continues to expand our concept of excellence

LOL.....yeah.  I don't think I got a single one correct.  But I'll take my list over theirs.  No way in hayull AD is the 2nd best player in the world.  

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

ESPN is gonna have a lot of egg on their face with Luka this year. I'll laugh my ass off if they aren't even a play-in team and the Knicks get a top 10 pick off of them. 

Lack of shooting

Bad health from zinger

They've put A LOT on Luka's shoulders and I'm not convinced he can consistently shoot well enough from outside to make up for the losses.  I guess we'll see.   

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I know I"m going to take heat for this but seriously is there something Jokic does better than Trae other than reach things on high shelves?  I like the guy but top-10?  I don't know.   I know it's apples and oranges but still.

Of the 28 players in front of Trae, Jokic isn't one of the guys I have an issue with.

• Like 3

• Moderators
Just now, BangHolman said:

Of the 28 players in front of Trae, Jokic isn't one of the guys I take too much issue with.

I agree with that totally but still with other guys you could make the case that they do at least one thing on a higher level than Trae.  With Jokic I don't know what that thing is other than just being big.   

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I agree with that totally but still with other guys you could make the case that they do at least one thing on a higher level than Trae.  With Jokic I don't know what that thing is other than just being big.   

He did take down the Clippers and had an excellent playoff run. Accomplishments matter too.

• Like 1

And the scary thing about Jokic is that he's only 24.

He reminds me of how people talked about Arvydas Sabonis in his prime.  Even when he played in Portland, you could see the skill level.

Speaking of Sabonis, I didn't know that the HAWKS drafted him in 1985, even though he stayed in the USSR.

This is a very good video talking about Sabonis and what would the Hawks look like in the mid 80s, had they had him in the NBA.

• Like 1

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And the scary thing about Jokic is that he's only 24.

He reminds me of how people talked about Arvydas Sabonis in his prime.  Even when he played in Portland, you could see the skill level.

Speaking of Sabonis, I didn't know that the HAWKS drafted him in 1985, even though he stayed in the USSR.

This is a very good video talking about Sabonis and what would the Hawks look like in the mid 80s, had they had him in the NBA.

Yep.  They nullified the pick because he was too young.  

NBA took away Sabonis and Dr. J.

• Sad 1