Time to Prove It

kg01

We need to start

Trae

Kevin

Hunter

Collins

Capela

Bring Cam off the bench. He had 62 touches in the last game and had a decent PPT at 32%. If we can get that up to 40-50%, that's 40 to 50 points for Reddish and it possible with as many open shots as he had. 

• Like 3

Remember when Pat Riley always said he likes a seven or eight man rotation with L.A.? Yeah, ok, a few HOF guys in that rotation. Interested to see our minute distribution tonight you know.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Remember when Pat Riley always said he likes a seven or eight man rotation with L.A.? Yeah, ok, a few HOF guys in that rotation. Interested to see our minute distribution tonight you know.

This is a game Bruno should see ample playing time against Embiid.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Last season, many of us said if we just had 'our guys' we would've been much more competitive.

"Our guys" as in Trae, Heurt, Cam, Hunter, Collins.

Welp, time to prove it.  We have enough to win.  Certainly enough to be better than we've been the last two weeks.

Time to hold the fort 'til reinforcements get healthy.  No excuses.

And leave the fire-CLP stuff in the hundred other threads, btw.  That ain't helpin'.

These young guys, with Hunter being the only exception, need to show something. It's time to man up and squash whatever nonsense is going on.  This upcoming stretch of games is brutal. If they keep playing like they have during the last 4 games , we'll be discussing Lottery picks by the end of January. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Took care of business against a depleted opponent last night.  Don't deserve kudos, just good to see them with a nice professional win.

And, before les miserables chime in with their typical "so what, 6ers were short-handed", let's not forget how many times we've gone out against an inferior opponent and messed 'round and made a g-league team look like the champion Warriors.

• Like 4

Gallo, Bogi and Rondo from our ten man rotation were out and our defensive guard Dunn out as well. 00 is not ready yet and it didn't really look like Snell was last night to be honest. The rotation guys are key players so don't see a problem with appreciating and complementing the team on the win.

• Like 4

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

@macdaddy, you and @Thomas can I call you thom?  I'm gonna call you thom.  You're both right that it should be ok to compliment the short-handed team on a win.

My premise on this thread though is that, despite the personnel shortages, we have enough to look better than we looked during the losing streak.  Last night we answered the bell.  Hopefully we keep it up.

It's looking like maybe CHA aren't as bad a losses as I think they were.  They're a hot team.

Apparently i was wrong about CHA too.  I said they sucked.   I tend to think they will suck eventually but with Lamelo i'm not so sure.  

Call me pessimistic but I'm just hoping to get one win out of this road trip and then hopefully ruin Ant man's homecoming on monday.

• Like 1

Glad Hayward is healthy and looking good recently for his sake but just don't expect it to hold up for an entire season. If he does maybe he does earn a good portion of that contract you know. See where he is at after fifty games. Oh and don't look good against us Gordon fella.

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Apparently i was wrong about CHA too.  I said they sucked.   I tend to think they will suck eventually but with Lamelo i'm not so sure.  

Call me pessimistic but I'm just hoping to get one win out of this road trip and then hopefully ruin Ant man's homecoming on monday.

Lamelo is the real deal. Some things you can fake, court vision isn't one of them.

• Like 3

I do think we are a borderline 8th seed without Gallinari and Bogdan. With them we are a playoff lock. My expectations right now are to play between .400 and .500 ball with both of them out. We get Gallinari back, that could improve us to a solid .500 team if he can stay healthy. I want to see what Okongwu has to offer also. I would love for him to show up day one one as a defensive beast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I do think we are a borderline 8th seed without Gallinari and Bogdan. With them we are a playoff lock. My expectations right now are to play between .400 and .500 ball with both of them out. We get Gallinari back, that could improve us to a solid .500 team if he can stay healthy. I want to see what Okongwu has to offer also. I would love for him to show up day one one as a defensive beast.

If we can play .500 ball until we have Gallo, Bogi, and Rondo back then we are looking good.  

• Like 2