• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Allstar Game 2020-21 Coming to Atlanta.

JayBirdHawk

8 hours ago, AHF said:

Ummm....what?  That looks like a bad 90's design.  Yikes.

il_fullxfull.2282590256_9vco.jpg

On 3/4/2021 at 7:24 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

It's definitely a School Daze vibe, Different World, etc...

In celebrating HBCU's I get it. The drum-majors in particular resonate with the Honda Battle of the Bands that is held in Atlanta every year, as well as the former Atlanta Football Classic game that used to be here every year (now called the Celebration Bowl). It is loud and busy, but actually is very in theme with Atlanta and its HBCU heritage

Honda Battle of the Bands Announces Atlanta Homecoming

atlanta-football-class-2013-pretty-girls

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Thanks 1

Full Disclosure,

I am an HBCU alum, was in the Marching Band at TSU, and performed for the Atlanta Classic every year, even back to HS. and the Honda Battle of the Bands. So I have a very biased perspective on HBCU's, the bands, etc.... I immediately was in to the design. In being objective I can see how it can come off unpleasant to some lol

• Thanks 1

@NBASupes Good luck to your boy Obi in the dunk contest. I know small men (Simons) and medium dudes (Stanley) usually have better shots at it but I think Obi is gonna win it. 

Also betcha he goes with a throwback Kenny “sky” Walker jersey OG style with a thick a$$ Rottweiler style gold chain around his neck in honor of #7! (Just a hunch) 😉 

Watching the events boycotting the game. No Hawks repped at the game, Adam Silver would only allow this to happen in Atlanta, can you imagine any other city hosting the game and have a star ⭐️ like Trae and not somehow get him in to rep the host city 🌃

I can understand if our best player was a 15/7/3 type guy but Trae is a top 10 scorer and a top 2 dime guy. 🤦 Lame 😒 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Watching the events boycotting the game. No Hawks repped at the game, Adam Silver would only allow this to happen in Atlanta, can you imagine any other city hosting the game and have a star ⭐️ like Trae and not somehow get him in to rep the host city 🌃

You mean like Zach Lavine last year?

Lebron the prima donna has never 👎 participated in the slam dunk contest. That’s so weak and privileged in my mind. He was too good for it I guess. Funny cuz Jordan, Nique, Dr. J, Kobe weren’t. 

Kids get off my lawn. 👋 

And Zion is too good 😌 cuz he followed in LeBron’s footsteps and is above the competition. 🤦‍♀️ These kids...

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Was he top 10 in points and dimes? I dunno 🤷 

Points not dimes. But he is tailor made for All Star weekend. 2x dunk king and Chicago is a much more crucial market for the NBA. One would have thought he got a nod for that city alone.

To be clear, Im much more butthurt about Trae missing it this year because all of the high and mighty excuses about playing for losing teams, rewarding winners etc....was completely tossed out of the window this year and at the time of selection they gave guys with similar records and worst numbers a spot over Trae. 

Simmons is not an All Star this year, even if his team is the best in the East. He is a DPOY candidate, all NBA Defense team, but he is not a better G than Trae Young this year.

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

2x dunk king

Should have been 1. Again though Trae is top 10 in 2 huge stat categories. No offense to LaVine but Trae is a true franchise guy and not trade-able whereas Lavine could be had for parts.

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Should have been 1. Again though Trae is top 10 in 2 huge stat categories. No offense to LaVine but Trae is a true franchise guy and not trade-able whereas Lavine could be had for parts.

Id trade multiple core assets for Zach. His elite shooting, ball handling and dribble penetration is just what the doctor ordered for our SG spot.

Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

Id trade multiple core assets for Zach. His elite shooting, ball handling and dribble penetration is just what the doctor ordered for our SG spot.

So now I know who you are in the other land. 😊 Thanks.

2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Unfortunately you can’t have those two together, the defense would be atrocious. To me, he doesn’t help his team win I look at him more as a Melo 🐜 type with those stats but never elevates the group.

19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Unfortunately you can’t have those two together, the defense would be atrocious. To me, he doesn’t help his team win I look at him more as a Melo 🐜 type with those stats but never elevates the group.

Kyrie and Harden can coexist as poor defenders. Portland is always a tough out in the West with despite the limitations of Dame and CJ next to each other. Sometimes overwhelming offense forces teams to take bad shots to keep up pace.  If Lavine were just an above average player on offense, I would not even consider it. But he is becoming an elite offensive player with devastating efficiency.

We have to figure out, with Trae on the court, will we ever defend at a high level just by surrounding him with defenders. Will teams always find ways to seek him out. If so, maybe you just accept it and force them to have to defend us at a high level so that they don't have the same legs on the other end. There's more than one way to skin a cat. If Trae is the centerpiece, we can't let that stop us from adding All Star level talent just because he doesn't defend.

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Lebron the prima donna has never 👎 participated in the slam dunk contest. That’s so weak and privileged in my mind. He was too good for it I guess. Funny cuz Jordan, Nique, Dr. J, Kobe weren’t. 

Kids get off my lawn. 👋 

And Zion is too good 😌 cuz he followed in LeBron’s footsteps and is above the competition. 🤦‍♀️ These kids...

He knows he ain't winning.

Dude just assembles super stars