• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks eyeing Kenny smith and chauncey

Spud2nique

Just now, Buzzard said:

And JJ got hurt and missed some of the playoffs. He bolted after that. Nash said he thought they had the best team and did not want JJ to go. JJ wanted his own team and felt disrespected by the Suns owner. I still think it was one of the dumbest trades over the past 20 years.

They should have kept JJ and played to win.

D'Antoni intrigues me because this Hawks team has a lot of similarities to that Suns team.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, hawkman said:

It's not even a question who I'd choose between Billups and Kenny. Billups all the way. Kenny needs to stay right where he is. But I think any first time coach would be a bad choice for this team at this time. 

I find Kenny to be kinda annoying, and his basketball insight is not very impressive either. He is also used to an easy, cushy media gig, not the grind of coaching. Does his agent float his name as a leverage against Turner? No one is making him a head coach, book it.

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

McMillan

He is 22nd in NBA history in wins, by the end of the season he will pass Fratello (in a couple games I think) and Dantoni and possible Holtzman (if he goes on a tear) either way land in the top 20 all time.

He is 4-1 with us. We may be overlooking a gem 💎 here. Again, we have to have a wait and see approach obviously. I also think he will do a good job here with us.

Did Nate have more talented teams in Portland and Indy than with us? He probably did with the Sonics, they had Ray Allen and my H town homie Rashard Lewis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

And JJ got hurt and missed some of the playoffs. He bolted after that. Nash said he thought they had the best team and did not want JJ to go. JJ wanted his own team and felt disrespected by the Suns owner. I still think it was one of the dumbest trades over the past 20 years.

They should have kept JJ and played to win.

Yes I recall. We gave up Diaw and 2 first if I’m remembering it right. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

D'Antoni intrigues me because this Hawks team has a lot of similarities to that Suns team.  

Yes. People want to look at his recent history of ISO ball and Harden. I prefer to look at that Suns team when Nash ran it. They were right there at the doorstep; but let a 7 time all star walk for picks and one really good starter/role player ( Diaw ).

13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Ya I can see that a bit.

Nash=Trae

JJ=Cam/Huerter? (Somebody step up)

Marion=Hunter

Amare=Collins

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

H town homie Rashard Lewis.

He was an Alief product, my sibling attended Hastings, a rival or Elsik high school that Shard went to. We grew up in the same neighborhood but he was a few years younger than me. When I was in 3rd grade he was a kindergartner 😆. Remember he cried during the draft cuz he went in round 2 and told people he was gonna showem what was up and did throughout his career. He had the perfect AND 1 prototype body as well. Lol.

One of my fav non Hawks of all time. 

sturt made a good point in the other thread.  There are previous connections with Chauncey Billups and the Hawks front office/ownership.  Chauncey was teammates with Grant Hill at one time, and he interviewed for the GM job back in 2017.  Given that connection and his connection with boy Rayford Young and Trae Young, it's very likely that he will be a favorite if things go tits up with Nate the rest of this season.

I hope this report has no merit. This is the last thing that needs to be talked about while we’re in the midst of a playoff push with a new interim coach. Nate deserves a chance and I think he’ll pull through for us this season and hopefully longer if all goes well. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

sturt made a good point in the other thread.  There are previous connections with Chauncey Billups and the Hawks front office/ownership.  Chauncey was teammates with Grant Hill at one time, and he interviewed for the GM job back in 2017.  Given that connection and his connection with boy Rayford Young and Trae Young, it's very likely that he will be a favorite if things go tits up with Nate the rest of this season.

I'm not sure how involved Grant is with the ownership side.  I'm also not sure how meaningful it is that 40 year old washed up Grant Hill played for the Clippers with washed up Billups for a grand total of 11 games.  Maybe I'm missing some deeper relationship.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I hope this report has no merit. This is the last thing that needs to be talked about while we’re in the midst of a playoff push with a new interim coach. Nate deserves a chance and I think he’ll pull through for us this season and hopefully longer if all goes well. 

Ya this isn’t fair. Dude is 4-1.

hopefully after today 5-1. 🤞🏾 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Grant Hill

I’m pissed at this dude. Is he still part owner? I honestly don’t even know. He contributes nothing to our on court performance. Can he follow Lloyd to off court activities. He’s a great person, I mean I think I dunno. No fire 🔥 in this dude. He hasn’t recruited for us as far as I know either. He almost acts like he doesn’t even know us. 😢 Comon Grant, you’re better than that.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I don't think Nate is bothered by this.  Before LP's release, Nate indicated he would look at his options at the end of the season and I don't think that has changed.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm not sure how involved Grant is with the ownership side.  I'm also not sure how meaningful it is that 40 year old washed up Grant Hill played for the Clippers with washed up Billups for a grand total of 11 games.  Maybe I'm missing some deeper relationship.

Not much Hawks Team/Player related.  Owner in name only.

More PR stuff and non-basketball related stuff like this:

59 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Here's my absolutely do not want list: Mark Jackson, Mike D'Antoni, Jason Kidd and JVG.

REALLY!?!?! I've never met someone that doesn't like Jeff Van Gundy... I'm just shocked. I know we're talking about coaches but he is hands down the best analyst. The only one that tells it like it is without any concern for backlash from league offices for criticizing the media, foul calls, etc.

But I kinda don't want him as our coach either cuz then we'd lose the best national analyst....

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, warcore said:

REALLY!?!?! I've never met someone that doesn't like Jeff Van Gundy... I'm just shocked. I know we're talking about coaches but he is hands down the best analyst. The only one that tells it like it is without any concern for backlash from league offices for criticizing the media, foul calls, etc.

But I kinda don't want him as our coach either cuz then we'd lose the best national analyst....

We are talking for Hawks Coach.

• Haha 1