• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mia vs Dallas game thread ***unofficial

Final_quest

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

So you don't want to bring Snell back?  You think THJR will come here to be the fourth or fifth wing? 

Id rather have THJR than Snell. That's clearly an upgrade. Let Hunter and Cam compete with him for the job. Year 3 for them, no more babysitting.

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Id rather have THJR than Snell. That's clearly an upgrade. Let Hunter and Cam compete with him for the job. Year 3 for them, no more babysitting.

Yeah, it's an upgrade, but THJR isn't going to come here on a discount to be the third or fourth wing so it's a moot point.

19 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I envision Snell being the Mavs' key signing this offseason.  Ya know, instead of Giannis ... as if he'd go there to be a Robin after winning multiple mvps.  :rollseyes 

Of course, that's after they sign McDermott and Markkanen to keep up appearances. 😉

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I envision Snell being the Mavs' key signing this offseason.  Ya know, instead of Giannis ... as if he'd go there to be a Robin after winning multiple mvps.  :rollseyes 

Of course, that's after they sign McDermott and Markkanen to keep up appearances. 😉

Looking at the 2021 free agents. Kinda slim pickings.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/2021-nba-free-agent-rankings-2/

Just now, bleachkit said:

Looking at the 2021 free agents. Kinda slim pickings.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/2021-nba-free-agent-rankings-2/

Be nice if we could get Lowry to back up Trae.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

ThJr might cost 8x or more what Snell does next season.  He will want cash wherever he lands.

You think so? TMJR is will Probably get a Bogi type deal, which would be around 18 per. Snell, Im not sure. He's a reliable, low volume but high efficiency back up. Probably 7 to 10 per. Both are 29, so age shouldnt be too much of a hindrance. Guys 33 and up buyer beware.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You think so? TMJR is will Probably get a Bogi type deal, which would be around 18 per. Snell, Im not sure. He's a reliable, low volume but high efficiency back up. Probably 7 to 10 per. Both are 29, so age shouldnt be too much of a hindrance. Guys 33 and up buyer beware.

I’m probably low balling Snell but $5M per wouldn’t surprise me for him vs $18 for Timmy.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

$5M would be well worth it. I think with his league high 3PT% (low volume of course), he might get more. 

He very well might.  I think a ratio around 2:1 is the closest he will get, though.  

• Moderators
12 hours ago, bleachkit said:

count me out.  I've seen that movie before.  I know he's been pretty good in Dallas but seems like Timmy misses when you need him most.  

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

count me out.  I've seen that movie before.  I know he's been pretty good in Dallas but seems like Timmy misses when you need him most.  

He has a chance to change that come post season. Seems like he has improved since he played for us. 

18 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He has a chance to change that come post season. Seems like he has improved since he played for us. 

He has improved, but he's still super streaky.  Again, his shooting percentages aren't much better than Huerters' and Huerter has more playmaking chops. 

I like Tim, I was on board with keeping him instead of Baze.

However, I dont think we need him with Bogi on the roster. Tim is more athletic but Bogi has shown every bit of the firepower, with more playmaking and defensive IQ.

Obviously I want as much talent as possible but just from a roster construction standpoint (moneyball?) I think you pay Snell a fraction of Tims pricetag to be a rotational piece/knockdown shooter with a little more size and versatility for you as G/F vs just a Guard in Tim. Especially if he is coming off the bench for us.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He has improved, but he's still super streaky.  Again, his shooting percentages aren't much better than Huerters' and Huerter has more playmaking chops. 

I don't see the fit if we are keeping both Bogi and Huerter.  Need minutes for Cam.  We'll need more depth there if we don't keep Snell but THJr will be too rich for that role, imo.  He'll also want a long-term deal that would complicate extensions for our young core.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AHF said:

I don't see the fit if we are keeping both Bogi and Huerter.  Need minutes for Cam.  We'll need more depth there if we don't keep Snell but THJr will be too rich for that role, imo.  He'll also want a long-term deal that would complicate extensions for our young core.

Exactly, Bogi and Kev offer similar skillsets and have accepted their roles. The payroll could be used elsewhere. Snell will be cheaper and a more reliable open shooter game to game.

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Exactly, Bogi and Kev offer similar skillsets and have accepted their roles. The payroll could be used elsewhere. Snell will be cheaper and a more reliable open shooter game to game.

Snell is going to be very interesting to see where he is valued.  He has been overpaid on his current contract but he is having what will probably be his career best season so it opens the door to another overpay if someone gets excited.  The volume will never be there but those shooting %s are so good.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Isn't Cam just the new THj anyway?   So much raw talent but can't get it together the first few years in the league.   Hell Tim went to the Gleague.  Cam is already a better defender too.   

Wonder if he'll have to get his shot elsewhere too? 😦

Don't tell supes I said it.

• Haha 2