• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hack a Ben

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

Bald-headed dudes have a history of overthinking. 🤣 I wanted to throw my cellphone through my television in hopes of hitting Nate square in his forehead. That crap almost lost us the game. 

Are you referencing Woody? That dude did everything but overthink lol. If anything he was a underthinker.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Are you referencing Woody? That dude did everything but overthink lol. If anything he was a underthinker.

When thinking of Woody remember the switching on defense no matter what the effect, good or bad. One trick pony. Also he actually took over the Milk Dud Head title from Barkley at least for a while.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Thomas said:

When thinking of Woody remember the switching on defense no matter what the effect, good or bad. One trick pony. Also he actually took over the Milk Dud Head title from Barkley at least for a while.

omg, I forgot about that yea so insane. We were switching all game every posession against the Magic who proceeded to break records against that if I remember correctly. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

omg, I forgot about that yea so insane. We were switching all game every posession against the Magic who proceeded to break records against that if I remember correctly. 

Not gonna be able to remember a worst showing in post season don't think.

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, High5 said:

Don't hack with an 8-point lead and 16 seconds left. 

High5, 

You misunderstand the strategy... let me help.   So far, he's less than a 50% FT shooter.   IF we can contain their possession to 1 pt per possession and not a 3 pt score... it works.

Not only that...  The more he misses, the worse his confidence becomes.   Do you know how shot he will be knowing that we're going to foul him late in games.   For this reason, most coaches usually take their FT liability off the court because they know that that guy is going to not want the ball in his hands.  Think of the Psychology of all of this... One of their best ball handlers not wanting the ball late in the game.   Eventually, the teammates will stop throwing him the ball and it becomes a 4 on 5 offensively.  What happens to their game plan once you take Simmons away but he's still on the court. 

Go back to the NY series.   Look at what we did to Randle.   He lost his confidence too.   There were times that he didn't want to take the shot and he was their main scorer. 

The Logic of Hak-a -Ben is very sound... even with a lead.  They are a good three point shooting team.   You hak ben all he can get is 2 points.... and he probably won't get that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, High5 said:

No I understand the strategy fine. But it was dumb in that situation. We just stopped the clock and gave the largest man on the floor a chance to get set for an offensive rebound. 

Obviously, you don't.    We limited them to possibly 2 points.   Simmons was 3 for freakin 10 from the FT line.    Our defensive rebounding would have still been an issue had they gotten a shot up.   If we can't box him out on a free throw then what the hell will we do win Curry shoots a three?

Oh... and about that.   We keep their 3 pt shooters cold because they never get the chance to drop a 3 pter on us. 

If I have a choice between:  Curry shooting a 3 and Embiid possibly getting a rebound and a putback.... vs. Simmons shooting 2 free throws and Embiid possibly getting a rebound and a putback, give me Simmons... because if we have all of our players in position to rebound from the free throw with the advantage and Embiid still gets it... That's not about the strategy.. that's about our inability to stop him from rebounding.   That means, he gets the rebound either way. 

You understand???

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Obviously, you don't.    We limited them to possibly 2 points.   Simmons was 3 for freakin 10 from the FT line.    Our defensive rebounding would have still been an issue had they gotten a shot up.   If we can't box him out on a free throw then what the hell will we do win Curry shoots a three?

Oh... and about that.   We keep their 3 pt shooters cold because they never get the chance to drop a 3 pter on us. 

If I have a choice between:  Curry shooting a 3 and Embiid possibly getting a rebound and a putback.... vs. Simmons shooting 2 free throws and Embiid possibly getting a rebound and a putback, give me Simmons... because if we have all of our players in position to rebound from the free throw with the advantage and Embiid still gets it... That's not about the strategy.. that's about our inability to stop him from rebounding.   That means, he gets the rebound either way. 

You understand???

You’re ignoring the most important part: the clock. There are 16 seconds left and you’re not allowing any of that time to go when you immediately foul Simmons. Nate (or whoever made the call) was overthinking in that moment and it almost cost us the game.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, High5 said:

You’re ignoring the most important part: the clock. There are 16 seconds left and you’re not allowing any of that time to go when you immediately foul Simmons. Nate (or whoever made the call) was overthinking in that moment and it almost cost us the game.

Dean Smith would concur. Mastery of the clock wins close games all the time. Anyway we won and am still reflecting on the best touch pass I have seen this entire season with just a few seconds left by Trae to JC. Clutch All Star point guard in the clutch. Sorry, got carried away again.

• Like 3