• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Believe!!! - The Good JuJu thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

This is a strange season.  I've had this feeling that we could actually win it all.  The super teams are not at full strength.  We are getting into rhythm at the right time.  Let's have that mentality.  We can go the distance.  Believe.  

this is a golden opportunity to win a chip and what's great about it the chip on the shoulder will carry over to next year because everyone will be chirping about "no lebron no this no that"

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Absolutely it's a real thing IMO. When you have the entire city believing, the entire team believing, special things happen. It's not pseudo sciencie either look at the other side of the isle, look at the what it did to the Sixers when not only their players but their fans gave up. The game was DONE. It all starts from the neck up, especially at this level of the NBA where the difference in ability is so marginal, the edge is mental 100%

• Like 4

I read “The Force” as a kid.  I guess it’s similar to “The Secret” but more of a scientific slant/ no religion.  There’s no way to prove the “law of attraction” is real in human sociology and psychology  based on the scientific method but it’s great to live your life in that fashion.  The best advice I can give someone is try to keep only cotton fabrics on your skin, don’t wear acidic colors, and banish negative thoughts from your mind when anger isn’t helpful.  And of course eat from the Earth as much as possible.

As far as these Hawks they stopped surprising me some time ago.  I think they're gonna kick everyone’s ass.  Nate just has a genius level mix of old and new school ideals in his philosophy and this chemistry is almost at Pre-KD Warriors level.  If the assists were +25 a night they’d be there.  

A lot of athletes pay lip service to playing till the end with “gotta get 27 outs, we gonna grind for 60 minutes/ till the buzzer”   This team IS that ideal.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

One trait that is consistent among wealthy individuals is that they believed it was possible for them to become rich.  How many wealthy people told themselves, "I will never get rich"?  Believing is a huge factor in achieving.  

It's not the exact same thing but in the book Peak Performance by Brad Stulberg, which I 100% recommend to anyone, he says that there was a study that proved that high performance athletes tend to believe in some sort of idea bigger than themselves, whether it's faith or some other belief. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

Visualizing what you want to the point you believe you already have it is one of the major premises to The Secret.

Like @kg01 does with his body. :indifferent: His V taper physique that is. I’m sorry I digress I’m just really excited about the Hawks and it’s leaking in funky ways today.

• Haha 4