• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Nate doesn't want the job who is your choice?

Wurider05

I think that Nate may not want to coach anymore. Sometimes people just don't want the hassle associated with the job. I think that he would have accepted the job by now if he wasn't considering walking away. Who would you all like to see keep this thing going if Nate walks away. 

• Confused 1

Having said that, to answer your original question is say Becky Hammon. I wanna watch @kg01 blush every night. Hehehe 🤭. #schoolboylove #puppylove

I like Becky and her being groomed under Pop. The team that gets her is in business.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Having said that, to answer your original question is say Becky Hammon. I wanna watch @kg01 blush every night. Hehehe 🤭. #schoolboylove #puppylove

I like Becky and her being groomed under Pop. The team that gets her is in business.

I actually think she'd be our pick if Nate doesn't wanna coach any more. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member
On 6/25/2021 at 8:35 PM, Spud2nique said:

Spud, your girl on fire....

Becky Hammon Is the WNBA’s Coaching Ace

Bypassed for NBA head coaching jobs, the former San Antonio Spurs assistant is thriving in the WNBA, and has led a stacked Las Vegas Aces squad to the WNBA Finals

And yet, the biggest star on the Aces might be their first-year head coach, Becky Hammon. Her coaching brilliance was on full display in Game 3 of the semifinals against the Storm. A Vegas loss in that game would have given Seattle a series lead, and forced Las Vegas to win back-to-back games to avoid elimination—and the Storm led by four points with 11 seconds left. That’s when Hammon drew up three straight perfect plays to get the Aces out of trouble. First, some screen-the-screener action that left Riquna Williams completely unguarded from 3. One huddle, one perfect play, one bucket.

https://www.theringer.com/wnba/2022/9/9/23343205/becky-hammon-las-vegas-aces-wnba-finals-aja-wilson

• Like 2

• Premium Member

1. Would scare me to be the first team to hire a female coach, not b/c she wouldn't be capable, but b/c I'm concerned she'd get the job because she's a she. There's going to come a point where there's going to be pressure from the league office for some team to cross that bridge.

And Hammon, to me, is just naturally soaking up a lot of praise and getting hype. I'm skeptical that she's probably just the cool name for everyone to talk about positively, when truth be told if she were a he, the assessment would be somewhat different.

2. Don't @ me.... I claim to be the first Hawks fan to have lobbied in the early Hawksquawk years for a female head coach... fer real.... wanted Pat Summit instead of Lon Kruger.

Becky Hammon is a great coach and would be a great NBA coach if she could get the male players to follow the coaching of a female coach.  That's the big problem.  Some macho players would rebel.  Too bad.  They just couldn't bring their male ego to cooperate.

If an NBA team hires her, they would need to flush any players who would not follow her.  Then and only then would that NBA team have a winning combination.  If we drop Nate, hire Becky!

🧑‍🔧

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, sturt said:

2. Don't @ me.... I claim to be the first Hawks fan to have lobbied in the early Hawksquawk years for a female head coach... fer real.... wanted Pat Head

I’m gonna @ you not because you don’t not want a female coach but because you wanted Pat Summit? You know collegiate coaches, most come into the league and fail. She was waaaaayyyy to comfy in Tennessee. You take her outta that atmosphere and she chokes a Latrell Sprewell guaranteed.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

she chokes a Latrell Sprewell guaranteed.

You made me look... and no, our closest version of Sprewell... Isaiah Rider... had been released before Lon was hired.

But wouldn't that have been a hoot to see that relationship blossom... hehe.

And. Damn, What a sad way to send off your HoFer coach.

Pete it's been 20+ years, and I just can't get over how you made that decision, man.

And and... actually... when you look at Lon's first roster, that's a pretty coachable group as far as I could know.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, sturt said:

1. Would scare me to be the first team to hire a female coach, not b/c she wouldn't be capable, but b/c I'm concerned she'd get the job because she's a she. There's going to come a point where there's going to be pressure from the league office for some team to cross that bridge.

I'm not following this point. 

Scenario 1

If you owned an NBA team or were the President / GM / etc. (i.e., you were the person making the hiring decision), are you saying you would be scared because:

1. You fear you don't know yourself well enough to know if you are making it for the right reasons? or
  2. You fear fan backlash from the assumption that she was only selected because she was a woman and the team was "woke" and "pc"? or
  3. You fear that recommendations on a coaching hire from your people would be compromised due to their agenda to see a female in the role and therefore you wouldn't be able to make a truly informed decision? or
  4. That the NBA league office would force you to make that hire despite you believing you had a better alternative candidate? or
  5. Something else?

Scenario 2

Or are you saying as a fan on the sidelines you would be concerned if the team you rooted for hired a woman because you would fear that they would give her the job knowing she isn't the best candidate due to pressure from the league or some other non-basketball reason?

I'm just not exactly sure what the nature of the issue is that you are flagging.  Thanks, sturt!

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm not following this point. 

Scenario 1

If you owned an NBA team or were the President / GM / etc. (i.e., you were the person making the hiring decision), are you saying you would be scared because:

1. You fear you don't know yourself well enough to know if you are making it for the right reasons? or
  2. You fear fan backlash from the assumption that she was only selected because she was a woman and the team was "woke" and "pc"? or
  3. You fear that recommendations on a coaching hire from your people would be compromised due to their agenda to see a female in the role and therefore you wouldn't be able to make a truly informed decision? or
  4. That the NBA league office would force you to make that hire despite you believing you had a better alternative candidate? or
  5. Something else?

Scenario 2

Or are you saying as a fan on the sidelines you would be concerned if the team you rooted for hired a woman because you would fear that they would give her the job knowing she isn't the best candidate due to pressure from the league or some other non-basketball reason?

I'm just not exactly sure what the nature of the issue is that you are flagging.  Thanks, sturt!

I would fear that my team made the hire feeling some pressure from the league office... and perhaps even feeling some internal pressure to be politically correct, knowing the politics of Ressler are what they are.

Put another way, I fear brownie points that make Candidate XX seem equivalent to Candidate XY in the final evaluation.