• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thinking we should find a way to keep Solo.

Diesel

• Premium Member

OK.. .so Solo can't score.   But he's our enforcer...  I think if we can get Solo on a vet contract, he needs to be a Hawk.  Even if it's more than a vet min contract. 

If Lou wants to come back, I'm open to it.. but I would like to see what Dunn can do as a BU if he opts in. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Off the court, Solo's tremendous.

On the court, he's what you would think you would get from a vet on a minimum contract, and maybe a little better at times.

Depending on how the off-season shakes out, we might be able to get someone who is both off-the-court tremendous and someone who consistently gives you on the court what you would think you would get from a vet who makes more than the minimum.

In a world where meritocracy is a necessary thing because of the law of scarcity, and because it's so plausible that some slightly-better option could emerge, I don't consider whether we keep Solo or not to be a worthwhile discussion for quite awhile.

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I didn't realize how much we needed Solo till we got him in the preseason 

Listening to him speak won me over.

ETA: It's like he's the tangible manifestation of what Rondo was supposed to be.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Would not mind having Solo back, what I don't want is having Solo in a position where he is called upon to be starting at SF or PF next season at ALL.

So we'd have to upgrade his spots first then bring him in as the 'break glass in case of a real emergency' guy.

You ought to really think about what happened.

For a while, we were without Cam and Hunter.  (Philly)  That's when Solo's minutes were highest.  That means that he's like 3rd off the bench but in a pinch, he gave us minutes.  Actually better than Snell.   With a Camp with Nate, I think Solo would be alright and we can prep him to retire as a Coach... ala Darvin Ham and Ty lue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Listening to him speak won me over.

ETA: It's like he's the tangible manifestation of what Rondo was supposed to be.

Damn... That's deep... and I don't even know what Rondo did or didn't do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

we don’t need him and Snell.

Hell no. There has to be vets better than both who want to play with us after what we just showed. I mean, everyone is saying Solo is great in the locker room but does that warrant getting a roster spot? I mean, I guess I’d have Solo as a 11th or 12th man next year not much more.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hell no. There has to be vets better than both who want to play with us after what we just showed. I mean, everyone is saying Solo is great in the locker room but does that warrant getting a roster spot? I mean, I guess I’d have Solo as a 11th or 12th man next year not much more.

Yes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Let me be more explanatory...

Yes.

Teams that win usually have cohesive Lockerrooms.   I think Kobe Shaq lost to Detroit because the Lockerroom was no longer cohesive.  When guys are close, they are willing to do more.  In a separate lockerroom, the first thing that happens is guys start to play for their next contract and not for the team to win.   Right now, we have a team that loves the team and want to win for the team and not their next contract.   Solo is a glue guy in our lockerroom.   So does he deserve a roster space....  Absolutely. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1