• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Timeline

FL_BRYANT

The championship window is wide open now.  The only hurdles I see in the way of the Hawks playing State of The Art type of ball are stringing together stops with Trae on the floor and passing prowess from the front court.  

The worst defender I’ve seen on a championship team at starting Point is Tony Parker, who’s still much better than Trae (don’t be surprised at all if Wright is playing some crunch time minutes in place of Trae a la Manu).  And passing from Bigs opens a whole new dimension to controlling pace and versatility, see Bogut and Draymond.  

Hopefully Trae’s league-best floater and our elite chemistry can account for those two shortcomings.  We added guys who fit seamlessly with the continuity.  A True 7 footer would be nice but the 07-08 Celtics didn’t have one so we can manage. Our depth is so dominant the possibility that it culminates in a Game 7 Finals win is worth putting some money down hey @TheNorthCydeRises?

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, sturt said:

Plasticman = OO

:wacko: we can’t sorry. You started it with Big O Oscar now you seem to be breaking your own rules. Ya I know it’s Marvel or DC or whatnot but there’s only one plastic. Put respect ✊🏾 on it.

image.gif.3075595e5866e72e543a63a6ad066d56.gif

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

The championship window is wide open now.  The only hurdles I see in the way of the Hawks playing State of The Art type of ball are stringing together stops with Trae on the floor and passing prowess from the front court.  

The worst defender I’ve seen on a championship team at starting Point is Tony Parker, who’s still much better than Trae (don’t be surprised at all if Wright is playing some crunch time minutes in place of Trae a la Manu).  And passing from Bigs opens a whole new dimension to controlling pace and versatility, see Bogut and Draymond.  

Hopefully Trae’s league-best floater and our elite chemistry can account for those two shortcomings.  We added guys who fit seamlessly with the continuity.  A True 7 footer would be nice but the 07-08 Celtics didn’t have one so we can manage. Our depth is so dominant the possibility that it culminates in a Game 7 Finals win is worth putting some money down hey @TheNorthCydeRises?

Not sure about money but I’ll take someone’s avatar for a month!

:saythat:

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, sturt said:

Given about 2 minutes of pondering.... I've got...

Superman = Trae

Batman = JC

Captain America = Kvon

Thor = BogBog

Black Panther = Dre

The Flash = Cam

Iron Man = Gallo

Spider-Man = CC

Plasticman = OO

Robin? Robin wasn't part of the Justice League, as far as I was ever aware, so we'll set him aside.

Wonder Woman? I've made my case for a mixed sexes tournament between the cities who have both NBA and WNBA franchises, but until that happens, will set her aside as well.

Who's Aquaman and Green Lantern?

24 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Bro you have to stop with this BS narrative that the Hawks are a defensive sieve with Trae on the floor. Is he the best defender? No.  In the playoffs, did he play solid defense. YES!  Trae wasn't the one getting torched in the Bucks series.  It was by design, but still there are ways to hide Trae on the defensive end.  

Tell me one team to win a championship without an excellent offensive player. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Aquaman

Leaves Dieng, Wright, Sharife and Jalen for the lead character of the waterboy..

image.gif.b544e53169e5f7c0d418fad8f8ea4c1f.gif

NO! Not that waterboy, Aquaman!

image.gif.fe9db52b6edd4e1125e3937103565a0b.gif

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who's Solo?

How could I forget Solo. I was just praising him last night. :wacko: We are too deep! I can’t remember everyone lol.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

What is the HAWKS timeline to  compete/ win a championship. Is the roster set to go all the way or do we need another Allstar or two . Is the current roster as is set to win.  Are we going to go the 2/3 allstar superstar theory and make a trade or are we going depth and hoping a couple of our many pieces will develop into Allstar level players. John Collins in particular. 

It all depends on Dre and Cam. If they come close to their ceiling, we will be championship contenders. Think about it, Dre’s comp is Kawahi and Cam’s comp is Paul George.  Trae has already exceed his comp (Steph) not as a shooter or winner yet, but he is tracking ahead of schedule. John is tracking on his comp of Amare Stoudamire.  That is a loaded team. I didn’t even mention depth. Fortunately, everyone will still take us lightly again and we will make them pay. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Leaves Dieng, Wright, Sharife and Jalen for the lead character of the waterboy..

image.gif.b544e53169e5f7c0d418fad8f8ea4c1f.gif

NO! Not that waterboy, Aquaman!

image.gif.fe9db52b6edd4e1125e3937103565a0b.gif

How could I forget Solo. I was just praising him last night. :wacko: We are too deep! I can’t remember everyone lol.

Might be a good thread idea with polls so we can vote on who shud be who  - go ahead and set it up. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, sturt said:

Given about 2 minutes of pondering.... I've got...

Superman = Trae

Batman = JC

Captain America = Kvon

Thor = BogBog

Black Panther = Dre

The Flash = Cam

Iron Man = Gallo

Spider-Man = CC

Plasticman = OO

Robin? Robin wasn't part of the Justice League, as far as I was ever aware, so we'll set him aside.

Wonder Woman? I've made my case for a mixed sexes tournament between the cities who have both NBA and WNBA franchises, but until that happens, will set her aside as well.

What are you doing? You can't cross up Marvel and DC like that. DC isn't as deep in quality, so I'll try by sticking with Marvel. 

Trae: Ironman 

Bogi: Hawkeye or Human Torch

Dre: Black Panther

JC: Thor

Capela: Doctor Strange

Kev: Captain America 

Cam: Spider-Man 

Gallo: Punisher

OO: Winter Soldier 

Lou: Loki

Wright: Falcon

Mays: Star-lord

Dieng: Groot

Solo: Wolverine or Deadpool or Nick Fury

Nate: Vision or Professor X

Don't really have a Hulk. 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

What are you doing? You can't cross up Marvel and DC like that. DC isn't as deep in quality, so I'll try by sticking with Marvel. 

Trae: Ironman 

Bogi: Hawkeye or Human Torch

Dre: Black Panther

JC: Thor

Capela: Doctor Strange

Kev: Captain America 

Cam: Spider-Man 

Gallo: Punisher

OO: Winter Soldier 

Lou: Loki

Wright: Falcon

Mays: Star-lord

Dieng: Groot

Solo: Wolverine or Deadpool or Nick Fury

Nate: Vision or Professor X

Don't really have a Hulk. 

Cooper and Johnson?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:wacko: we can’t sorry. You started it with Big O Oscar now you seem to be breaking your own rules. Ya I know it’s Marvel or DC or whatnot but there’s only one plastic. Put respect ✊🏾 on it.

image.gif.3075595e5866e72e543a63a6ad066d56.gif

I did hesitate.

But then I looked it up... and it turns out, believe it or not... Augmon isn't in the NBA Hall of Fame...

What the.... I know, right?...

But it gets worse (!!!)...

Ya have to go alllllllllllllllllllll the way down to something like #25 before you even find the guy on the list of all-timer Atlanta Hawks (!!!).

https://www.ranker.com/list/best-atlanta-hawks-of-all-time/ranker-nba

Oh, the humanity.

Big O? Big O, I'm pretty sure is not merely a member of the NBA HoF, but is on the list of the top 50 NBA players ever.

Check me on that, just to be sure. I'll wait.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Before I put money down, I was waiting for all of these trades to shake out.  Hopefully, once all deals are finalized, the Hawks odds to win a title will be decreased.

Last time I checked, it was +3300

Today, it's +3500 on Bet MGM.  So that's $10 to win $360 . . or $100 to win $3,600

Top 12 teams to win the title next season

• Nets ( +240 )
  • Lakers ( +400 ) . . . which is ridiculous to me
  • Warriors ( +900 )
  • Bucks ( +900 )
  • Suns ( +1500 )
  • Clippers ( +1600 )

• Sixers ( +1600 )
  • Jazz ( +1600 )
  • Nuggets ( +2200 )
  • Heat ( +2500 )
  • Mavs ( +3000 )
  • Hawks ( +3500 )
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

I did hesitate.

But then I looked it up... and it turns out, believe it or not... Augmon isn't in the NBA Hall of Fame...

Ya have to go alllllllllllllllllllll the way down to something like #25 before you even find the guy on the list of all-timer Atlanta Hawks (!!!).

Oh, the humanity.

Big O? Big O, I'm pretty sure is not merely a member of the NBA HoF, but is on the list of the top 50 NBA players ever.

Augmon was a Hawk. Big O never was a Hawk.

Hawks>any team

It makes me care less when it’s not us.

PS Augmon was the man. Not sure if you watched that far back but he could play a little D.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

but is on the list of the top 50 NBA players ever.

That list sucks anyways there’s no Nique.

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Before I put money down, I was waiting for all of these trades to shake out.  Hopefully, once all deals are finalized, the Hawks odds to win a title will be decreased.

Last time I checked, it was +3300

Today, it's +3500 on Bet MGM.  So that's $10 to win $360 . . or $100 to win $3,600

Top 12 teams to win the title next season

• Nets ( +240 )
  • Lakers ( +400 ) . . . which is ridiculous to me
  • Warriors ( +900 )
  • Bucks ( +900 )
  • Suns ( +1500 )
  • Clippers ( +1600 )

• Sixers ( +1600 )
  • Jazz ( +1600 )
  • Nuggets ( +2200 )
  • Heat ( +2500 )
  • Mavs ( +3000 )
  • Hawks ( +3500 )

I putting cash down. I won $150 with the Hawks but only betting on 3 games all year. 

I get scared making season bets due to injuries. 

I may have to put a bit on the Hawks. I also owe a bit to squawk for the Sharife Cooper Supes guess.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

I did hesitate.

Oh, the humanity.

I thought you hated the media and what everyone else thought. Now it’s all of a sudden important to you where they think Augmon ranks all time? 🤔