• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cincinnati Bengals 2021 . . . . ( welcoming Falcons fans )

TheNorthCydeRises

Falcons fans

. . . need a 2nd team to root for that is not in the NFC, to take your mind off the Falcons?  Come on over and root for the Bengals. 

Like our Atlanta Hawks, they're a team with good young talent, and a potential superstar that everything revolves around.  And also like the Hawks, this year has the potential to be special.  We're in the AFC North, so there's nothing easy in this division, that's for sure.  But we do have a favorable schedule if we can pull off a few upsets or two.

Goal:  Get to the playoffs and win at least 1 game . . . ( Bengals are 0 - 7 in the playoffs since 1990 and have missed the playoffs the last 5 seasons )

Let me introduce you to the team the proper way . . . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Game 1 vs Vikings

WIN!!  😀

Despite the coach making an idiotic 4th down call in his own territory, which failed, and changed the momentum of the game, Joe Burrow and the squad pulled out the victory in OT.  Even Mr. Dropsie ( Ja'Marr Chase ) came up big against the Vikings.

And yes, sometimes you do need a little luck to help you out.  Whether that was a fumble or not at the end of the game, I don't know.  All I'll say is that kind of call has gone against the Bengals for DECADES.  So if this was a payback gift, so be it.

A win is a win!

These guys look a lot like the Trae Young / John Collins duo, in their relationship on the field.

Next up . . an old friend.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the NFL is blocking content, so I won't be posting much game action.

Week 2

LOSS    🤬

Talk about a game they should've won.  Dalton gets knocked out of the game early, and the rookie Justin Fields has to finish the game.

Just a bad loss.  Joey Bengal throwing picks all over the place.  He doesn't have bad games often.  But he and the O-Line was definitely off against the Bears.  And the national media started drinking the kool aid on Justin Fields.  ( Note:  That kool aid was laced with cyanide in Week 3, with how bad Justin looked once a team actually game planned for him. )

Week 3

WIN!  🤣

LOL @ the Squealers.  Big Ben looked like Little Benny.  That team couldn't run the ball.  They could barely pass the ball.  And they played so bad, they sent Stephen A. into a mini-depression.

Week 4

WIN . . .  😬

While I'm happy the Bengals pulled out the win, I'm not going to sit here and act like I wasn't worried that this was going to be the worst loss of the year.  That 1st half looked like a bad high school team.  Even had the home fans booing them off the floor like they were the 2010 Atlanta Hawks playing the Orlando Magic in the playoffs.

But in the 2nd half, they talked to Stella and got their groove back.  And a brilliant drive at the end of the game by Mr. Burrow, set up the game winning FG, the 2nd one this year.

People are starting to get on the Joey Bengal train now.  But some, like Keyshawn Johnson isn't ready to believe yet.  Like he was this huge winner in the league.

Bengals are now 3 - 1, and at the top of the AFC North.  This was the portion of the schedule that they had to take advantage of.  The next 4 games are a little harder.  vs Packers - @Lions - @Ravens - vs Jets

• 3 months later...

To have both of my favorite pro sports teams to make deep playoff runs within the same 12 month span, is unprecedented for me.

And it would've been all 3, had the Reds not melted down after August.

Now . . all I need is for the U. of Tennessee to get themselves together in football, and maybe make a run to the Final Four in basketball.

• Premium Member

Yeah. The dream is to see all three pro teams win a championship consecutively. Would like to just meet the subset of humanity in that club who've experienced that, and hear their stories... especially at that point it became a real thing that the third championship was coming into view and that they may just hit the championship jackpot.

For us ATL Hawks fans, the dream is merely to see a championship... any time.

(But I'm bullish on that, of course.)

@TheNorthCydeRises , I take it you live in Cincy? Are you old enough to remember the Royals?

(I wake up every morning to McConnell, incidentally, so while I'm not a Reds or Bengals fan, it keeps me in the loop.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

Yeah. The dream is to see all three pro teams win a championship consecutively. Would like to just meet the subset of humanity in that club who've experienced that, and hear their stories... especially at that point it became a real thing that the third championship was coming into view and that they may just hit the championship jackpot.

For us ATL Hawks fans, the dream is merely to see a championship... any time.

(But I'm bullish on that, of course.)

@TheNorthCydeRises , I take it you live in Cincy? Are you old enough to remember the Royals?

(I wake up every morning to McConnell, incidentally, so while I'm not a Reds or Bengals fan, it keeps me in the loop.)

No. . . I've lived in Tennessee all of my life, in different cities throughout the state.  All of my sports fandom have been shaped by the sports teams that I grew to love starting around age 9, and throughout my teenage years.

- Became a Hawks fan because of Dominique, and because they were shown on TBS all of the time

- Became a Reds fan because my grandad used to be a big time watcher of baseball, and the local Nashville stations would show the Reds on the weekends and sometimes during the week.

- Became a Bengals fan because I wanted them to beat the Niners in Super Bowl XVI ( 1982 ) . . because everyone in my family were HUGE Dallas Cowboys fans.  Back then, Dallas was the team most shown on local TV, so it was easy to become attached to them.  But I would be crushed when they kept losing in the playoffs.  So I became attached to the Bengals during that Super Bowl ( that they lost ). 

This was the game that made me fall out of love with the Cowboys.  Eric Dickerson DESTROYED them.

I was done with the Cowboys after this, and decided to turn my allegiance to the Bengals.  In hindsight, it was definitely the WRONG move, because while the Bengals did give me short term joy with the Super Bowl run, I didn't get to enjoy the dominance of the Cowboys in the 1990s.  Instead, I was in FOOTBALL HELL by rooting for the Bengals, and refusing to root for anyone else. 

But we finally got our "Trae Young" in Joe Burrow . . a guy who is very talented and ultra competitive.  We just need to significantly upgrade that O-Line before we get Burrow hurt.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Despised the Bengals owner ever since they got the new stadium just out of the conclusion that the team his dad had built from the ground up had become nothing more than a family ATM machine... never saw Mike Brown investing in free agents, never saw him creating any of the normal NFL team infrastructure, always presuming himself a pseudo GM.

So, I'm confounded. Happy for the team, happy for the coaches, happy for the fans... but the Brown family has not only deserved all these years of futility, they've been a principal reason for it.

Poetic justice shouldn't let the Brown family ever benefit any more than this level right here, imo... but poetic justice should let Bengals fans get their pictures taken with the 2021 season trophy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great ride by my Bengals   Our team is young enough to expect to get back here within 3 years.  The AFC is like the Royal Rumble though.  It's very hard to get through it.

It's tough to lose a Super Bowl in the last minute . . . again, but that's sports.

They just need to upgrade that Offensive Line, and see what we can do next year.

Thank you Bengals for all of the great moments.  I haven't felt this proud of my football team since I was a kid.

Who Dey!!

• Like 2