• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Grant Now Officially King of the Hill

hazer

As of the Tokyo Olympics closing ceremonies, our beloved and reclusive co-owner is now head of USA Basketball. And in search of Team USA’s new head coach. One guess whose name gets tossed into the mix. This is kind of a big deal for Hawks influence and cred across the league:

https://theundefeated.com/features/grant-hill-prepares-for-first-task-as-the-new-managing-director-of-usa-basketball/

🇺🇸🏀🏅 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, hazer said:

This is kind of a big deal for Hawks influence and cred across the league:

Hopefully in a good way but he really tends to not mention or promote us even a little. Also, I feel like he’s a puppet for Colangelo which is exactly why Jerry would pick a YES MAN like Grant Hill.

But congrats 🎉 :wacko:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hopefully in a good way but he really tends to not mention or promote us even a little. Also, I feel like he’s a puppet for Colangelo which is exactly why Jerry would pick a YES MAN like Grant Hill.

But congrats 🎉 :wacko:

He did mention “ownership” being one of the assets he brings to the table. But yeah, has to keep up “impartial” appearances. I think somebody like JVG has a better chance landing the HC job, but don’t count Nate out for Assistant 📋

• Like 1

Also don’t underestimate the value/effect of having Grant Hill as Head of USA Basketball, Team USA Assistant Coach Nate McMillan, and Team USA PG Trae Young bending the ears of Tier 1 Superstars 🍑 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see a Hawks take over. If last season put us on the map this yr will solidify it. 

We are slowly but surely taking over the nba landscape and having Grant Hill in that position adds to it. Reading his statements also tells me that he knows what he's doing.

It tells me Trae and possibly others (maybe JC) will be in the Olympics as well!! 

Soon people will see Hawks players everywhere Allstar games, playoffs, finals, olympics, all nba and we will get the credit for all the patience and diligence of work that we've done over the last 4/5 yrs.

Teams will attempt to copy our model in many aspects of their building strategies.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sillent said:

I see a Hawks take over. If last season put us on the map this yr will solidify it. 

We are slowly but surely taking over the nba landscape and having Grant Hill in that position adds to it. Reading his statements also tells me that he knows what he's doing.

It tells me Trae and possibly others (maybe JC) will be in the Olympics as well!! 

Soon people will see Hawks players everywhere Allstar games, playoffs, finals, olympics, all nba and we will get the credit for all the patience and diligence of work that we've done over the last 4/5 yrs.

Teams will attempt to copy our model in many aspects of their building strategies.

They will at least get a shot, which is more than what they are getting now. That was my biggest issue. They would invite cats that were not on the same level and give them more opportunity to prove themselves. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sillent said:

All of this. And especially about the “Hawks Model.” I was preaching this a few years ago, might just go digging thru the archives and bump 👏 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, hazer said:

All of this. And especially about the “Hawks Model.” I was preaching this a few years ago, might just go digging thru the archives and bump 👏 

If you happen to run into any good content from me, don’t hesitate to pass that along too. Thank you ever so much Hazie!

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

I think Kerr has to be the frontrunner for the USAB head coach slot. I honestly hope it's not Nate. The Hawks aren't good/experienced enough yet to be put on cruise control while their coach's attention is divided.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2021 at 5:50 PM, sillent said:

Everybody wants a piece of ATL Basketball right now it seems....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, terrell said:

I wonder if this is really important to the cause or it’s like Friedman shoes 👟 nba popular like no matter where u at you’ll go when in town? 

• Moderators
On 9/17/2021 at 3:47 PM, hazer said:

Also don’t underestimate the value/effect of having Grant Hill as Head of USA Basketball, Team USA Assistant Coach Nate McMillan, and Team USA PG Trae Young bending the ears of Tier 1 Superstars 🍑 

The next time that Hill is out promoting the Hawks or trying to sell superstars on Atlanta will be the first time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

The next time that Hill is out promoting the Hawks or trying to sell superstars on Atlanta will be the first time.

Agreed, he attempts to remain a little TOO neutral for my tastes. Which is mainly why I included potential “Assistant Team USA Coach” Nate and  “Team USA PG” Trae in the conversation. With Grant at the helm, chances of Nate and Trae being a part of that squad increase. As will their convos with Superstars.

• 2 weeks later...