• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason 2021 G3: Hawks @ Grizzlies 10/09/2021 8:00PM

JayBirdHawk

9 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

50% of NBA coaches and 60% of NBA GMs are idiots though.

What're the percentages among NBA fans? 😉

And, what are we even arguing about?  Okafor's been with multiple teams, same result.  There's a reason Greg Monroe - who's a superior scorer to Okafor - couldn't stick.  Same with Al Jefferson.

These dudes could still score in the low post.  Like, today.  But they all hurt the team more than they help.

I don't even think it's because of not being able to shoot 3's either.  They simply don't help you win.  Simple as that.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, terrell said:

He was always pretty good defensively.. Casuals just see his size and thinks he has to be awful...

His Auburn defensive tape was horrendous. To say he was always pretty good when he was horrible at it at Auburn just isn't the truth. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

His Auburn defensive tape was horrendous. To say he was always pretty good when he was horrible at it at Auburn just isn't the truth. 

Maybe you're just a 'casual', supes.  Well you and all the draft eggsperts.  Like literally all of them.

• Haha 2

Dumb is he who refuses to learn.  Perhaps all is not lost for him.  Hawk's coaching staff may be able to salvage his career.  This isn't his first opportunity to improve.  He's moved around quiet a bit.  Maybe this is as good as it gets for him.  Maybe not.  We can hope.

Some very lucky individuals have a lot of God given talent.  Things just come easy for them.  Others have to work very hard to come up to average.  His NBA future depends on what he does now.

🕵️‍♂️

39 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Actually his defense was as bad as many made it out to be either. He had some moments where he played good defense. He just wasn't consistent. Those flashes should have shown he wasn't the worst defender ever like many draft experts where saying. However Supes full credit on scouting how good he was. You converted  me to believing his shot wasn't as broken as I initially thought.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, kg01 said:

30 NBA head coaches disagree with you and their livelihood depends on it.

17 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

50% of NBA coaches and 60% of NBA GMs are idiots though.

19 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

No one can tell me Okafor can't score in the low post. I'm not asking for the coach to develop a whole game plan around Okafor but is it too much to expect the guards to  be able to feed the low post. Capela is going to play 30 minutes a game with Okongwu getting a majority of the rest when he returns.  Okafor offers a skilled alternative We have no one on the team that can score in the post to the level of Okafor nor do we have a match up for the large centers in the league that give Capela such a hard time.  Will the HAWKS decide to keep him I don't know but  to suggest he has no skill that could help this team is just not true. You can count the players in this league on one hand that can score like Okafor in the post. 

Welp!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

12 games of tape? He can play pretty good defense when he puts his mind to it.. I saw it in HS for 4 years.....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, marco102 said:

Actually his defense was as bad as many made it out to be either. He had some moments where he played good defense. He just wasn't consistent. Those flashes should have shown he wasn't the worst defender ever like many draft experts where saying. However Supes full credit on scouting how good he was. You converted  me to believing his shot wasn't as broken as I initially thought.

I told you. It's not pretty but people got to remember, Coop has T.J. Ford like quickness and speed. He's not gonna be closely guarded like that. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 1:07 PM, terrell said:

He was always pretty good defensively.. Casuals just see his size and thinks he has to be awful...

I figured as much, you don’t just start pressing in the NBA unless you’ve shown you can do so.  I was going off the draft reviews, none of which touted any of his defensive traits from what I remember.  I may have seen something about good anticipation, which was accurate, but everything else was rated no bueno.

I just know every time he posts 5 boards/ 3 steals/ block my heart will warm.  And I’m a pretty cold dude.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2