• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

15 minutes ago, terrell said:

Tickets to the game and advertising nearly doubled in price, so why wouldnt they? Like any other business.. NBA is about making $...

Yeah they definitely milked the hell out of it. When Ray broke the record they waited until the end of the quarter to make an announcement, and he was in front of his home crowd. No video tribute, no music. Just kept playing.

For Steph they stopped the entire game, started playing symphonic music like he was being inducted in to the HoF right there.

Again, it's not like this record has stood the test of time. It was Reggie's, then Ray's and now Stephs. Each player played multiple years with the other when they set the record. 

Its not the same as a home run record like the announcers are saying. Ruths record stood for generations. Aaron's stood for another 33, longer than both Reggie and Ray's record before Steph.

I guess I'm just a hater

• Thanks 1

My last gripe about Steph. First Take had the nerve to ask if he would be the face of the NBA's next generation.

Like, do they not realize he is 33, Lebron is still 36. Steph has had more injuries , and more serious injuries than Lebron over their careers. Steph is likely to retire just as soon as Lebron is. His entire career will have been spent under the King James reign. How can he be the face if that is the case? He may get 1 season with no Lebron around. Sorry, that's not enough to carry the torch.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Yeah they definitely milked the hell out of it. When Ray broke the record they waited until the end of the quarter to make an announcement, and he was in front of his home crowd. No video tribute, no music. Just kept playing.

For Steph they stopped the entire game, started playing symphonic music like he was being inducted in to the HoF right there.

Again, it's not like this record has stood the test of time. It was Reggie's, then Ray's and now Stephs. Each player played multiple years with the other when they set the record. 

Its not the same as a home run record like the announcers are saying. Ruths record stood for generations. Aaron's stood for another 33, longer than both Reggie and Ray's record before Steph.

I guess I'm just a hater

It's such an obvious and useless "record" that, due to the way teams play now, is sure to be broken.  Likely by a player currently playing.  This isnt that big a historic accomplishment.  It's a feat of circumstance.

And, before yall get all up in arms, yes curry is the best shooter ever.  I'm just saying this isnt something that needs as much celebration as they put on it. They didn't celebrate this hard for his unanimous mvp.  Think about that.

This is just people overhyping something so they can say they "were there when it happened".  Oooh, lookit me i witnessed history ....... and I'll probably see it again in 6-7 years depending on which guys hang around long enough.

Think about it.   Jason Kidd is like top 5 and he shot 3s for about 4 years at the end of his career.  The "alltime" list is basically all dudes that played in the 00's.

The fact that andre Drummond iiuc is relatively high on the alltime list for rebounding is more eye-opening than this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jalen Johnson has been assigned back to the College Park Skyhawks

Notably, Sharife Cooper remains with Atlanta.

Skylar Mays is currently in College Park.

Rife is about to take Lou Will's min? I can dream right?
Edited by terrell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

My last gripe about Steph. First Take had the nerve to ask if he would be the face of the NBA's next generation.

Like, do they not realize he is 33, Lebron is still 36. Steph has had more injuries , and more serious injuries than Lebron over their careers. Steph is likely to retire just as soon as Lebron is. His entire career will have been spent under the King James reign. How can he be the face if that is the case? He may get 1 season with no Lebron around. Sorry, that's not enough to carry the torch.

ESPN just isn't trying.anymore, how stupid. Smh

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

It's such an obvious and useless "record" that, due to the way teams play now, is sure to be broken.  Likely by a player currently playing.  This isnt that big a historic accomplishment.  It's a feat of circumstance.

And, before yall get all up in arms, yes curry is the best shooter ever.  I'm just saying this isnt something that needs as much celebration as they put on it. They didn't celebrate this hard for his unanimous mvp.  Think about that.

This is just people overhyping something so they can say they "were there when it happened".  Oooh, lookit me i witnessed history ....... and I'll probably see it again in 6-7 years depending on which guys hang around long enough.

Think about it.   Jason Kidd is like top 5 and he shot 3s for about 4 years at the end of his career.  The "alltime" list is basically all dudes that played in the 00's.

The fact that andre Drummond iiuc is relatively high on the alltime list for rebounding is more eye-opening than this.

They are making up for Curry missing last season so they are doubly kissing arse.:saythat:

• Haha 3

Let’s get DJ. 

Veterans D.J. Augustin, Danuel House Jr., Daniel Theis and Eric Gordon are all viewed around the league as viable trade candidates. Houston appears willing to listen to offers on Christian Wood, but that would require a first-round pick plus further capital.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

I'd hope that both JJ and Cooper have been told by the Hawks that there will be open roster spots next year.

"What the heyul, man!?  I don't got to your job and tell you boss to find somebody else to sell the meth." - LouWill, GorguiD, Lolomon, TLC

• Haha 3

• Moderators

Don't know if this goes here but interesting.  I"m not a believer in JKidd but maybe he follow in Nate's steps and is in the right situation.   Carlisle man.  I never liked that guy.   He's an ok coach but seems way overrated.  The question is who will wear out their welcome first Carlisle or Thibs?

Luka Doncic and Rick Carlisle - The dissolution of their relationship; what comes next for the Dallas Mavericks (espn.com)

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I guess I'm just a hater

Aaron's record still stands for players that didn't hugely impact their numbers with steroids and he is still over all steroid users but one. 

Before Bonds starting roiding in San Francisco his career high in home runs (through age 27) was 34.  Hank hit 44 home runs at age 23 as a true power hitter.  Though 27, Bonds had only hit even 30 home runs twice and never did it two seasons in a row (or was even close to doing it).  Aaron had hit 30+ five seasons in a row at the same age.

Aaron is still the real champ.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Don't know if this goes here but interesting.  I"m not a believer in JKidd but maybe he follow in Nate's steps and is in the right situation.   Carlisle man.  I never liked that guy.   He's an ok coach but seems way overrated.  The question is who will wear out their welcome first Carlisle or Thibs?

Luka Doncic and Rick Carlisle - The dissolution of their relationship; what comes next for the Dallas Mavericks (espn.com)

Yeah, seems like the Mavs were having their own LLoyd Pierce situation except Carlisle knew Luka was his bread and butter and treated him better than everyone else. 

Also not sure if this is damage control for Luka while he's slumping and the team isn't performing. 

Man, they really need to make sure they are protecting these older coaches. 

The NFL and NBA are in full outbreaks. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, seems like the Mavs were having their own LLoyd Pierce situation except Carlisle knew Luka was his bread and butter and treated him better than everyone else. 

Also not sure if this is damage control for Luka while he's slumping and the team isn't performing. 

Man, they really need to make sure they are protecting these older coaches. 

The NFL and NBA are in full outbreaks. 

Yeah i don't like it.   Only silver lining is if it is omicron and it is indeed milder then maybe it could be a key development in getting us out of this mess.

Still i had a friend who just recovered from a 2 week bout (don't know if he was vaccinated. so im guessing not.)  He's all happy now cause he feels like he's immune but still can't tell the difference between whiskey and water so I'd like to avoid those side effects myself. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AHF said:

Aaron's record still stands for players that didn't hugely impact their numbers with steroids and he is still over all steroid users but one. 

Before Bonds starting roiding in San Francisco his career high in home runs (through age 27) was 34.  Hank hit 44 home runs at age 23 as a true power hitter.  Though 27, Bonds had only hit even 30 home runs twice and never did it two seasons in a row (or was even close to doing it).  Aaron had hit 30+ five seasons in a row at the same age.

Aaron is still the real champ.

Facts. I have no qualms with this at all.

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I been screaming this for years.  When he has a contender, he's good.  When he has anything less than a contender, he mails it in.  Never develops anyone.  Nothing insightful about his "coaching" yet has this reputation as a top 5 coach.

Now he can't do anything with the Pacers roster, which isn't great but is certainly better than they've shown.

• Like 1