• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's time.

Diesel

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Plus, why won’t Peo change his avatar? 

:beathorse: :sarcastic:

Not sure.  Seems like when you promise to do something you live up to your word.  Especially when it is as inconsequential as changing your avatar for a little bit like you did with your boy Luka.  

Have to get that explanation from Peo but I wouldn’t hold your breath.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

I’m telling you I expect the numbers will tell the same story this season similar to the numbers from last game when Trae was off the floor even though we have our best backup PGs in 20 years.

Who is that NBA quality back up point guard on this team? LOU WILLIAMS?  LOL!

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Who is that NBA quality back up point guard on this team? LOU WILLIAMS?  LOL!

Delon Wright

Sharife Cooper

Lou Williams

How many backup pgs have done better than Wright’s 8.7 Win Shares and .125 WS/48 the last two seasons?  Probably can count them on one hand.

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

Delon Wright

Sharife Cooper

Lou Williams

How many backup pgs have done better than Wright’s 8.7 Win Shares and .125 WS/48 the last two seasons?  Probably can count them on one hand.

When has Cooper played that role?  When was the last time we saw Wright on the court?  Never mind.  Please don't respond

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

When has Cooper played that role?  When was the last time we saw Wright on the court?  Never mind.  Please don't respond

Wright has played the most minutes of any backup and in every game except the last one.  Start speaking in terms of facts and we’ll get farther.

Name the back up point guards who exceeded those numbers for Wright the last two years.  I’ll wait while you bring facts.

Sharife and Jalen are both high upside bench players who are not currently in the rotation but have the potential to work their way in unlike other deep bench warmers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

I will stop trying to have an academic discussion about Trae here because it is fruitless.  

Your probably right, most of your posts are a waste on average Joe fans.  Stick to the academic journal entries that we wouldn’t understand.  You don’t have to bother trying to explain things to our simple minds.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Everyone I guess is convinced that the Hawks problems are with other players but not Trae himself. I strongly disagree. As we have seen this year, improving the roster has not changed much yet.  Success/failure still depends on main one guy playing well because the game is controlled by that 1 guy.

You surround your best player with players that makes him better.   It's the Lebron rule.  How long did Cleveland wait on Lebron's teammates to get to a better level?

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Cwell said:

You just want to trade just to trade. Gets old. I knew what this was before I even clicked on it smh

So you're on the record of saying that you don't believe that Paul George would help us win?

It's just a trade just to trade to you?

So you don't see any value in this lineup:

Trae, George, Hunter, JC, and Clint?

You believe that we have better lineups than that because it's just a trade to be trading...

I see your personal agenda....

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I agree with the OP.  It is time.  No, not time to trade for PandemicP.  It's time for everybody to admit what's really wrong with this team.

It's time for a resurrection.  It's time to 'run it bak'.

It's time to re-hire Coach Lloyd Bartholomew Pierce.

@Peoriabird, your thoughts?

🤔

image.gif.cb779f75c0030b13084c5b9c03bf3fbc.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

Here's my rationale:

Trae should be coupled with a big defensive SG.  One who can score.   Playoff P gives Trae a guy who can take the burden of scoring off of his hands.  Although Bogi and Gallo are our best three point shooters, this make sense because we get a bonafide 1st option scorer to go with Trae.  That give Trae a reason to pass.   This would also open up the court for JC and Hunter to work. 

A George/Hunter SG/SF Duo is really Wingstop.