• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

Well that's how we know we've made it.  

Woj is creating stupid trades on ESPN about a young player that can be a corner stone of another franchise. 

Why the Hell would the Hawks trade him if he's 22 years old and has the potential to be a corner stone. I really hate the Ballysports app is making me watch this crap.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

LOL Woj just now on ESPN still trying to formulate trades for Cam. Talking about Cam breaking out and if this keeps up he will be someone near the trade deadline that we could package with another veteran to acquire a star since Cam is currently slated as a backup here. 

SMH...what don't these fools realize about if Cam turns into what we hope he turns into, then he would be moved into the starting lineup at some point. Good grief...

No logic whatsoever.

Stupid people.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Random but kind of cool. Definitely the hottest character from the show. I see you Cam lol

She is a talented actor too based on that shoe at least.  Go Cam!

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, pimp said:

Lol the Hoyeon Jung thing is just a meme going around. I doubt she’s ever heard of Cam.

Memes says Hoyeon Jung is obsessed with “ insert person ,place or thing”

To be fair I didn't realize that at first until I saw the second one... hate how you have to be in tune with the current social media zeitgeist to even understand news these days lol

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

To be fair I didn't realize that at first until I saw the second one... hate how you have to be in tune with the current social media zeitgeist to even understand news these days lol

It's easy actually. Just don't believe everything you read online without doing your own research. Nowadays people react off a clickbait headline, but won't read an actual article. Everything is fake to me until proven otherwise

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Cwell said:

It's easy actually. Just don't believe everything you read online without doing your own research. Nowadays people react off a clickbait headline, but won't read an actual article. Everything is fake to me until proven otherwise

I'll spend time fact checking things that matter but I don't care to find primary sources for random quotes like this.  I'd be spending half my day confirming things I read if I went that route.

31 minutes ago, Cwell said:

That's gotten a lot of people in trouble here lately. :P. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, AHF said:

Right.  :yes:

I do hope you are enjoying what we've seen in the first five games.  5 games don't mean a ton by themselves but this has been a lot of fun to watch especially combined with his playoff games.  Those 9 games represent 10% of his total career games and look great.  

Honestly, I thought the belief in Cam was the most homer take ever.  Some dude that disappointed every year three years in a row is going to be a star.  I'm still worried he's being overvalued, but so far this season he has shown potential far beyond what I gave him credit for.  I thought another year of failure for Cam would make it difficult for him to stay in the league, or at least he would have a short leash.  This is only 5 games and I think we may still get a lot of doses of the "old" Cam, but a lot of reason for excitement with where he's at.  We're all watching this development closely so the value of Cam Reddish is getting established with every game.  Hunter has more clearly established himself and is more consistent, though I think he might be overvalued as well.

Where I'm not with a lot of people right now is future state of the team.  Watching these games you see a lot of talent in this league.  Ingram making tough shots consistently against our best defenders, where Cam gets his points in the flow of the game.  Beal coming in and dominating, yes he beat Bogi a few times but also Reddish just as much.  What rises to the top in the NBA is the very elite.  We have posters who believe Reddish and Hunter should be kept at all costs and reject the idea that perhaps Jaylen Brown would be an acceptable trade target.  No, there are much better players in the NBA than what we currently have.      

Trae changed our window to competing right now.  Even during last year's offseason, I was advocating that we eventually trade a package for a star if the opportunity arises.  When we see the NBA top 75 player list come out, it would be interesting to check how many titles were won with two top 75 all time players on the team, most of them is my guess.  It feels like the majority on this board believe that we already have that guy, although were not sure which of our players it will be, but we should just be patient and let them develop.  I don't understand why it's so unpopular to believe we should be aggressive about getting that guy, but there's a lot of excitement from the ECF run.  Maybe people will change their minds if we are winning 55-60% of the time vs. 75-80% after 30-40 games.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Honestly, I thought the belief in Cam was the most homer take ever.  Some dude that disappointed every year three years in a row is going to be a star.  I'm still worried he's being overvalued, but so far this season he has shown potential far beyond what I gave him credit for.  I thought another year of failure for Cam would make it difficult for him to stay in the league, or at least he would have a short leash.  This is only 5 games and I think we may still get a lot of doses of the "old" Cam, but a lot of reason for excitement with where he's at.  We're all watching this development closely so the value of Cam Reddish is getting established with every game.  Hunter has more clearly established himself and is more consistent, though I think he might be overvalued as well.

Where I'm not with a lot of people right now is future state of the team.  Watching these games you see a lot of talent in this league.  Ingram making tough shots consistently against our best defenders, where Cam gets his points in the flow of the game.  Beal coming in and dominating, yes he beat Bogi a few times but also Reddish just as much.  What rises to the top in the NBA is the very elite.  We have posters who believe Reddish and Hunter should be kept at all costs and reject the idea that perhaps Jaylen Brown would be an acceptable trade target.  No, there are much better players in the NBA than what we currently have.      

Trae changed our window to competing right now.  Even during last year's offseason, I was advocating that we eventually trade a package for a star if the opportunity arises.  When we see the NBA top 75 player list come out, it would be interesting to check how many titles were won with two top 75 all time players on the team, most of them is my guess.  It feels like the majority on this board believe that we already have that guy, although were not sure which of our players it will be, but we should just be patient and let them develop.  I don't understand why it's so unpopular to believe we should be aggressive about getting that guy, but there's a lot of excitement from the ECF run.  Maybe people will change their minds if we are winning 55-60% of the time vs. 75-80% after 30-40 games.  

I'm not sure many here are against  trades  some of us want to see what and who we have before making a trade. Jaylen Brown is three years older than Cam.  Who's to say Cam won't be just as good or better in three years?  What we are seeing from him now is a ton of improvement as far as offense. His defense has been too much gambling, but we've seen him lock down too. 

It's all about the risk rewards.  In a business, you want to have the best data before making a decision.   Trading a raw young wing who's shown flashes before his first contract is up, isn't getting the best data.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm not sure many here are against  trades  some of us want to see what and who we have before making a trade. Jaylen Brown is three years older than Cam.  Who's to say Cam won't be just as good or better in three years?  What we are seeing from him now is a ton of improvement as far as offense. His defense has been too much gambling, but we've seen him lock down too. 

It's all about the risk rewards.  In a business, you want to have the best data before making a decision.   Trading a raw young wing who's shown flashes before his first contract is up, isn't getting the best data.  

Sometimes it is better to not have all the data, though.  After completely screwing up the draft, one of the best moves that Budcox made was to trade Adrein Payne before the data was in.  I think everyone sees the upside and present value with Cam.  How much better is his upside than the 25, 6 and 5 player that Brown was last year?  I'm a huge Cam proponent but I can see a case for trading for someone like Brown who just turned 25 last week and has a full career ahead of him and who has also shown All-Star realized potential.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Sometimes it is better to not have all the data, though.  After completely screwing up the draft, one of the best moves that Budcox made was to trade Adrein Payne before the data was in.  I think everyone sees the upside and present value with Cam.  How much better is his upside than the 25, 6 and 5 player that Brown was last year?  I'm a huge Cam proponent but I can see a case for trading for someone like Brown who just turned 25 last week and has a full career ahead of him and who has also shown All-Star realized potential.  

Yeah, you can give the Adrien Payne example, and I'll give you one James Harden.  

Again, I'm not saying stay pat. I just believe this is the season to let things play out and adjust the roster accordingly next sesason if need be.

• Like 2