• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I still have to do the West Coast list but I got an Hawks update. 

The belief around the league is the Hawks will land either Ayton or Gobert with Capela going out. 

There is also belief that Atlanta will act soon on Gallo although that's more of a given as we all know. 

There is belief that the Hawks aren't trading JJ, Okongwu, or Hunter. Basically anyone under a rookie deal. 

There is interest in Kevin but Atlanta is reluctant to move him. 

Bogi is currently being shopped to other teams around the league.  

JC is not available for trade at this time but he was being shopped around the trade deadline. Lottery teams have reached out about JC's availability. Still something to keep an eye on as the Hawks have a lot of interest in Jaden Ivey. Especially around the draft in late June. 

The Hawks are not favorite around the league to get LaVine but they are seen as in the running. I already told ya'll that Atlanta priority is LaVine and Ayton. 

Love Ivey, but we aren’t getting him for JC.  He’ a top 5 pick.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Why another 3 and D tweener with "Potential" when we already have Hunter?

Why another PG when we have Trae.

Trae>Hunter on the totem pole.

If we redundant or doubling up it’ll be with Hunter not Trae.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It would definitely be a long term vision, Atlanta won't be contenders in 2023 but maybe 2024 and on. Ivey is more of a NBA PG to me but we will see if him and Trae can work if they go in that direction. 

I said it a few months ago….I think if you have to do a short rebuild but still stay playoff competitive then you do it!

Bogi + Capela for Ayton works or Huerter + Capela for Ayton works…either way this should be priority even over Lavine.

As far as Ivey goes that’s my Ja morant comparison in this draft. Crazy elite athlete with real hang time and I’d be happy to see him as a hawk but Schlenk has to be careful with trading Collins away to draft an unproven rookie. IF you can add Ayton and keep JC then you hit gold in my opinion.

its a different story if we are sending JC out for a player like Lavine and choosing to start OO at PF but you can’t send JC out for an unproven rookie especially when you don’t know how JC is going to play with a way better offensive center next to him. Ayton could very well open up Collins to be even better offensively.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, JTB said:

I said it a few months ago….I think if you have to do a short rebuild but still stay playoff competitive then you do it!

Bogi + Capela for Ayton works or Huerter + Capela for Ayton works…either way this should be priority even over Lavine.

As far as Ivey goes that’s my Ja morant comparison in this draft. Crazy elite athlete with real hang time and I’d be happy to see him as a hawk but Schlenk has to be careful with trading Collins away to draft an unproven rookie. IF you can add Ayton and keep JC then you hit gold in my opinion.

its a different story if we are sending JC out for a player like Lavine and choosing to start OO at PF but you can’t send JC out for an unproven rookie especially when you don’t know how JC is going to play with a way better offensive center next to him. Ayton could very well open up Collins to be even better offensively.

You don't throw in another player to get Ayton.  The Sun's will need to send Ayton and another contract to Atlanta if they want Capela. 

The Hawks will also need to move Gallo, Bogi, or Huerter to anoterh team to make room for Ayton. They won't be taking back salary much salary in that trade. 

Ayton counts max for Hawks, but like $18 million for the Suns in a sign and trade. 

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Just a FYI, I was gonna mention this with the Western post but Phoenix is clearly willing to pay the tax this year. As I've mention, they have interest in PFs, in particular Kevin Love and Julius Randle for their scrubs players like Shamet, Payne, and Craig. Crowder is the only non scrub they are willing to add. They are even willing to trade a future protected 1st too. They know they can't get Jerian Grant or JC with that. 

PHX goals are to resign their FAs for reasonable prices. McGee, Biyombo, and Holliday are their top priorities and they are willing to pay the LT as they have no choice. 

Phoenix would be instant favorites if they can get Julius for that package.

Nobody would beat that team!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You don't throw in another player to get Ayton.  The Sun's will need to send Ayton and another contract to Atlanta if they want Capela. 

The Hawks will also need to move Gallo, Bogi, or Huerter to anoterh team to make room for Ayton. They won't be taking back salary much salary in that trade. 

Ayton counts max for Hawks, but like $18 million for the Suns in a sign and trade. 

You’re right I completely forgot @NBASupes mentioned they don’t want salary back other than at center position.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Phoenix would be instant favorites if they can get Julius for that package.

Nobody would beat that team!

Honestly while I don’t agree with the rest of this board that Julius is trash as they say…he also does not fit with point guards like Trae and CP3 in my opinion.

like someone mentioned he’s a ball stopper with those points. I just don’t see it working. Randle would have to really adjust to playing with the CP3 which I’m not sure he’s willing to do.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Honestly while I don’t agree with the rest of this board that Julius is trash as they say…he also does not fit with point guards like Trae and CP3 in my opinion.

like someone mentioned he’s a ball stopper with those points. I just don’t see it working. Randle would have to really adjust to playing with the CP3 which I’m not sure he’s willing to do.

I think he can adjust!

And even if he doesn’t he’d thrive being the focal point of the 2nd unit!

He’d be the perfect 3rd option and can even carry the team at times.

The absolute perfect fit if he buys in which I think he’d have no choice but too.

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Pardon? Explain please b/c I must be missing something.

A sign and trade would normally mean that the Suns *sign* their player to a number that is within 125%+100K of what the trading partner is sending back to them.

8 minutes ago, sturt said:

Pardon? Explain please b/c I must be missing something.

A sign and trade would normally mean that the Suns *sign* their player to a number that is within 125%+100K of what the trading partner is sending back to them.

image.thumb.png.d2426a172290c8b8012de4fd3eae6201.png

The Suns will need to send a small contract to Atlanta to get Capela.  Atlanta will need to send out Gallo to another team and take back minimal salary.

image.thumb.png.2aa3b53448671dc40607e6f09cf7da75.png

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You can't bundle a player signed and traded with another player. It would have to be 2 separate deals.

• Thanks 1