• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why is there such a rush to change the core of this team after a 43-39 season that could have gone much better without the injuries and the Covid?  The core's average age is still around 24-25 years old right.  Can't we at the very least wait until the trade deadline to see whether this team is closer to the 2020/21 vs the 2021/22 team when healthy?  The trade value of most of our pieces are at an all time low so why buy high and sell low.  Sounds like a losing strategy to me.

PB, 

I'm not against what you're selling.. at all.   I would like to see us REUP Delon and keep Gallo.

However, I think Gallo is on the move regardless. Bogi's knee is Bogi's knee.   There's always trade talk surrounding JC.   I think had we been healthier, we would have been somewhere like a 50 win team.

Healthier, I think we would have played probably the Celtics strong (2nd round). 

I just acknowledge that other teams got better.... Like Cleveland.  They will be back.  Charlotte.  They will be back.  Toronto.. They will be back.

It's going to be an interesting offseason.  I just don't want to see us pass up DMitch if he's really available. 

Simmons for Gallo/Bogi would have to happen before the moratorium begins and before June 29th for reasons I won't explain. In that scenario, the cap impact this year is favorable to the Hawks by almost $5 million. The cap difference I pointed out above is based on the value of Bogi + waived Gallo (stretched) vs Simmons this upcoming year.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

PB, 

I'm not against what you're selling.. at all.   I would like to see us REUP Delon and keep Gallo.

However, I think Gallo is on the move regardless. Bogi's knee is Bogi's knee.   There's always trade talk surrounding JC.   I think had we been healthier, we would have been somewhere like a 50 win team.

Healthier, I think we would have played probably the Celtics strong (2nd round). 

I just acknowledge that other teams got better.... Like Cleveland.  They will be back.  Charlotte.  They will be back.  Toronto.. They will be back.

It's going to be an interesting offseason.  I just don't want to see us pass up DMitch if he's really available. 

Who knows...Jalen Johnson might actually be good.  Hunter might have turned the corner.  Nate might hire some better assistants coaches.  Huerter might take another leap.  What's the rush to get rid of them y'all???

• Like 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah for sure.  But it has to be a scorer somewhere.   We can't just have guys who can hit open shots but can't actually create for themselves or finish.  

I'm focused on wing because no one has won a title in my adulthood without an elite scoring wing.  Hakeem ain't walking through that door.  

What do you think of Lavine?   

If people scuff at DMitch's defense, then surely....

Lavine is a great shooter.  He's not really a creator.   I have liked Lavine with the Hawks because of his shooting especially if we could get him for Cheap... 

Here's my list:

1.  DMitch

2.   PG13

3.  Lavine

4.  Josh Hart. 

5.  Brandon Ingram (Would be higher but I don't see him leaving N.O.). 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Who knows...Jalen Johnson might actually be good.  Hunter might have turned the corner.  Nate might hire some better assistants coaches.  Huerter might take another leap.  What's the rush to get rid of them y'all???

File:Window panel of Emirates Boeing 777-300 premium class being closed.gif  - Wikimedia Commons

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

for 2022-23,  $35.45 million and $38.17 million respectively.  For 2023-24 I really don't care as the cap/LT will increase more than their increase

So $73 mil for 2 players and another $40 mil for trae.  $113 mil for 3 players.  Sounds like the Nets to me.  Those players better have career year and not get injured to justify this decision

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, thecampster said:

For Brooklyn, making that trade and then waiving Gallo saves them about $12 million in salary next year but saves them like $55 million against the LT.

I guess there are no assurances... The Back and the Brain do worry me.

Hunter and JC would have to up their three point game but I could go for this.  Especially if we don't lose a pick.

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

PB, 

Riddle me this @Diesel.  How much of Clint's scoring is because of who he's played with (Harden/Trae)?  How much of Gobert's scoring is because of who he played with?

I would submit that Gobert paired with Trae ups his scoring 3-5 points per game and given Trae's gravity, would probably get another rebound or 2 a game put back.   Does Clint command a double in the post? Does Gobert? How does that affect JC/Hunter's scoring?

Now given what I said above...how much of an impact does Mitchell provide, a player that needs the ball in his hands to succeed?

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Now given what I said above...how much of an impact does Mitchell provide, a player that needs the ball in his hands to succeed?

Look no further than Portland when they had CJ and Dame.

• Premium Member
Just now, thecampster said:

Riddle me this @Diesel.  How much of Clint's scoring is because of who he's played with (Harden/Trae)?  How much of Gobert's scoring is because of who he played with?

I would submit that Gobert paired with Trae ups his scoring 3-5 points per game and given Trae's gravity, would probably get another rebound or 2 a game put back.   Does Clint command a double in the post? Does Gobert? How does that affect JC/Hunter's scoring?

Did you ever watch any of the videos of Clint destroying Gobert?  There's one below that should be required viewing for Hawks fans.

Clint is a classic rim runner.  We amplify the missed bunnies. However, Clint has an arsenal around the basket and he has a motor.  Clint doesn't demand a double.. but honestly neither does Gobert... See below..

OK.. here's the other video... Watch carefully:

When you diagram a Gobert pick.. it's really a push..  Watch the video.  But now watch how Capela does it:

Gobert doesn't have the same recognition that I believe Clint has.  Clint anticipates the lob... a difference that we don't talk about a lot but is one of the main differences between him and OO (for instance).  Clint when he gets passed half court knows what to do.. watch the video.   I don't see that same thing in Gobert.   He goes through the motion and it's almost like a called play.   Some of these passes from Trae to Clint were out of damn nowhere.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Wretch said:

However, I think the biggest factor was simply teams figuring out Trae, going all-in on him, and daring anyone else to do something about it.  Nobody answered that call all season long.

Only Miami was able to limit Trae in the playoffs, regular season not so much.

And you are right....no one stepped up and answered the call.

• Like 1

• Moderators

What i expect is that we'll try to keep Trae/Hunter/JC/Capela/OO.   Bogi, Gallo, Kevin, JJ, Rife are the main trade pieces.    JC and Hunter and Capela only go if it's for an all star.  

I don't think next year's roster will be as different as everyone thinks or is hoping.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Wretch said:

However, I think the biggest factor was simply teams figuring out Trae, going all-in on him, and daring anyone else to do something about it.  Nobody answered that call all season long.

Excuse me while I interrupt your narrative with some facts.. but... 

In the regular season, when we had Clint and JC healthy.. we beat them.  They beat us twice when Clint didn't play.  But when we had both Clint and JC.. we beat them.

Carry On.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Only Miami was able to limit Trae in the playoffs, regular season not so much.

And there were reasons.  Bogi was hobbled.  Kevin forgot how to play months ago.  And no JC.   Honestly there were times we could have used Lou to at least get us some buckets and change the mood. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

And there were reasons.  Bogi was hobbled.  Kevin forgot how to play months ago.  And no JC.   Honestly there were times we could have used Lou to at least get us some buckets and change the mood. 

I'm saying even the regular season there wasn't a clear consistent #2 option from the Wing position.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't understand this statement.  Hunter did step up in game 5 with 35/11 and 3 steals and they still lost because Trae had 7 turnovers and game the team absolutely nothing on offense or defense.