• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Upgrade coming per Schlenk

Spud2nique

Are we finally ready to acknowledge this?  Should we have upgraded last year?  

Here's another question that will blow some people's minds.  Should we have traded Gallo at the trade deadline?  That's another one I advocated hard for, and I guarantee people are gonna be mad when he walks with no compensation.

Trading pick #16 is tricky.  You have to have the right player available at the time of the draft to pull that off.  We're hoping for that, but it's not a guarantee. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

Here's another question that will blow some people's minds.  Should we have traded Gallo at the trade deadline?  That's another one I advocated hard for, and I guarantee people are gonna be mad when he walks with no compensation.

Trading pick #16 is tricky.  You have to have the right player available at the time of the draft to pull that off.  We're hoping for that, but it's not a guarantee. 

Run it back means.. bring back everybody. 

Well, we definitely know we should not have brought back Cam.   I don't know when Travis got the trade request for Cam but if we got it before the draft, we should have gone after a high draft pick with him. 

JC, CC, and Kev all got raises. 

That leads me to believe that he's talking about Bogi or Gallo that should have been moved. 

Gallo by virtue of contract may be who he's alluding to.  There wouldn't have been much upgrading for Gallo then. 

or

Maybe he's talking about Coach??

It would have been a death sentence for Travis if he didn't bring Nate back.  His hands were forced on that move.

All that being said.

I think we will try to use Gallo, #16 and maybe Bogi to bring in a superstar SG to play next to Trae.

With the rise of Anfernee Simons and Damian Lillard coming back, we still may be in the market for Josh Hart.   But that's not a superstar move. 

I joke and kid but I can't not think that Ben Simmons may be on our radar.   And there's still Paul George and Michael Porter Jr. 

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I would easily trade 16 for someone we still see potential in. Like when we traded 15 for 19 and two 2nds, and eventually 19 for THJ in 2015.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, BangHolman said:

I would easily trade 16 for someone we still see potential in. Like when we traded 15 for 19 and two 2nds, and eventually 19 for THJ in 2015.

Yeah, that move was also cap conscious. 

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, AHF said:

For me, my eagerness to trade the pick is tied to whether we actually intend to keep and develop Cooper and JJ.  If we plan to flip them, then bringing in a rookie is much more attractive.  If we are going to keep and develop them (which would be my preference), then I would want to trade the pick because the developmental minutes next season should go to those two.  Both will basically be rookies after getting no run this season.  I think 3 rookies is overdoing it on a playoff roster.  Conversely, we could be setting ourselves in cap jail depending on what we do this offseason so having low $$, cost controlled players on rookie contracts is a good thing for a team like that so I'd still be interested if we don't plan on investing in the development of Coop and JJ.

I don't know.  I believe in growing a team and having a farm.

If our future team is Mark Williams, OO, JJ,  and Rife...  then I'm alright with keeping the pick.  I just think we need to be deliberate in how we want to grow.

• Like 3

I never understood folks that had an issue with the 'runn it bak' concept.  It didn't work out, clearly, but it wasn't the craziest thing in the world.

On the idea that upgrades are a-comin', I'll believe it when I see it.

Honestly sounds like some preemptive Dan E. strAinge stuff.  "Oh we almost had a deal for Giannis but, gosh darnit, it fell through right at the end.  But we tryin'"

Or the best one ... "Yeah we almost traded up for (insert breakout 2022 draftee) but, gosh darnit, it fell through right at the end.  But we tryin'"

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47mfvu8dtnjtbe5l2gv2

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, AHF said:

For me, my eagerness to trade the pick is tied to whether we actually intend to keep and develop Cooper and JJ.  If we plan to flip them, then bringing in a rookie is much more attractive.  If we are going to keep and develop them (which would be my preference), then I would want to trade the pick because the developmental minutes next season should go to those two.  Both will basically be rookies after getting no run this season.  I think 3 rookies is overdoing it on a playoff roster.  Conversely, we could be setting ourselves in cap jail depending on what we do this offseason so having low $$, cost controlled players on rookie contracts is a good thing for a team like that so I'd still be interested if we don't plan on investing in the development of Coop and JJ.

I think this is where we find out if Schlenk is a good negotiator, we have tons of assets, he just has to cash in wisely. Keep flexibility in mind going forward. I know we are eager to get back to the top but we need to be smart about it.

• Like 3

Just now, kg01 said:

I never understood folks that had an issue with the 'runn it bak' concept.  It didn't work out, clearly, but it wasn't the craziest thing in the world.

Honestly sounds like some preemptive Dan E. strAinge stuff.  "Oh we almost had a deal for Giannis but, gosh darnit, it fell through right at the end.  But we tryin'"

Or the best one ... "Yeah we almost traded up for (insert breakout 2022 draftee) but, gosh darnit, it fell through right at the end.  But we tryin'"

This should be filed under ISE!!! :laugh1: I like your spirit though you gotta lotta WANT in those eyes 👀..

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

This should be filed under ISE!!! :laugh1: I like your spirit though you gotta lotta WANT in those eyes 👀..

I forgot one ..

"Ohhh we almost signed (Beal, Lavine, Ayton) but, gosh darnit, it fell through right at the end.  But ... we tryin'".

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Do you have a folder of thousands of reactions gifs from actresses?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Also, I feel like Schlenks position hasn't changed since ~December.  He tried to upgrade at the trade deadline but nothing reasonable was on the table. 

I think as fans there's only one thing we can do to help this team -- hear me out.  We need to campaign to Jami Gertz to get Ressler to dig deep in those pockets.  I see her at every Hawks game, cheering on the team, being supportive, always swag n surfin' at the start of the 4th... she's our key to success.  She loves this team, she wants to win.  We need to get her to put pressure on hubby to open the vault and all these conversations about staying under the tax are moot!!!

Think GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Do you have a folder of thousands of reactions gifs from actresses?

Folder? He has his own hard drive with its own search feature, sorted for each Squawker.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47sx0pyc62nlfbcncsg7g

:laugh1:

• Haha 3