• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Upgrade coming per Schlenk

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Gallo , Clint and OO would not be considered in that trade.  

They wouldn't take Gallo.  Clint and OO is enough to get the trade done ($27 million is enough to get it done).   

For Gallo and Clint ($41.1MM) to work, you'll need PHx to send Tory Craig back 

I think you missed the point of trading Gallo for Shemet and Crowder.

It's so that Phoenix can save 15 Million dollars in salary.  They will indeed buy out Gallo. 

It makes the trade of Ayton more enticing to do business with us...

Otherwise, any team that can get OKC to be their third will be trying to get Ayton. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Easy to say upgrade, but harder to toss out general ideas for discussion.

I get that, but in this case both the owner and GM said they regret not making the effort.  So we know they didn’t try.  

Also, I never held anything against them during the trade deadline.  If they can’t get a deal done this off-season, I made a recommendation.  

Pretty much saying what the organization is saying at this point, I just said it a few months before them. 

I’m for bringing in Gobert, Ayton, SGA, but I don’t understand why my opinion should be contingent on having an upgrade in mind.  The GM talks to the other GMs, I don’t.  We only have rumors and fan speculation.  

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I get that, but in this case both the owner and GM said they regret not making the effort.  So we know they didn’t try.  

Also, I never held anything against them during the trade deadline.  If they can’t get a deal done this off-season, I made a recommendation.  

Pretty much saying what the organization is saying at this point, I just said it a few months before them. 

I’m for bringing in Gobert, Ayton, SGA, but I don’t understand why my opinion should be contingent on having an upgrade in mind.  The GM talks to the other GMs, I don’t.  We only have rumors and fan speculation.  

I look at it as one of those Job saving excuses.   i.e. "we didn't get back to the ECF because everybody else improved and we didn't.   We decided to run it back and maybe we should have gone after another star like Derozen". 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 5/4/2022 at 5:49 PM, gurpilo said:

I can see Travis upgrading the team with FA like Bruce Brown, Gary Harris, Otto Porter, Covington, Boucher, Hartenstein, Whiteside, player that provide toughness and strength.

On 5/2/2022 at 5:05 AM, Diesel said:

Let's say that part of this trade is true..

Let's say  CC/JC/#16 for Gobert/Gay...

How do we follow that up to make Gobert effective?

For grins... Let's say that we do go out and get Robert Covington.

Can a lineup of:

Gobert, Covington, Dre, Huerter, and Young  Win in this NBA?

On 5/1/2022 at 9:13 PM, marco102 said:

I'd be fine with Covington on a vet minimum.

• Thanks 4

I wish I were more confident about the upcoming summer trade market but I’m not. I do believe the hawks have assets on reasonable contracts that other teams will want but I don’t believe the trade market has as much availability that us fans believe it does.

If we strike out on Ayton or Gobert we are pretty much dead in the water in my opinion unless we make extreme moves that most here outside of me will probably be against doing.

Guess I’m a little bitter in regards to our rumored possibilities while also being overly anxious to hear something about realistic backup plans in case our pursuit of specific popular names players/upgrades go south.

Roco for example would have been one of the realistic options I could see happening but smartly LAC locked him up before he hit free agency. I wonder how many more quality players will get locked up before free agency hits!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JTB said:

I wish I were more confident about the upcoming summer trade market but I’m not. I do believe the hawks have assets on reasonable contracts that other teams will want but I don’t believe the trade market has as much availability that us fans believe it does.

Agreed I’m always optimistic but I’m not holding my breath for anything other than what we have coming back minus a few tweaks like a Gallo or Bogi or Huerter type trade. 

Again we picked a horrible time to have Trae be THIS GOOD and not have a decent player worth trading for or even good enough. Beal, no, Ayton, not happening, Gobert, low odds.. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Full Tony Ressler presser:

Good stuff. Ok, from what I heard from Ressler, this crew ain’t coming back intact. Likes Hunter prolly won’t sign off on him going anywhere. 

Terrence Moore: That guy needs to give it up. I been reading his stuff for 20 years. Dude asks..”do we need to pair a superstar up with Trae”… :angry2:.. Ressler danced around the question but I would have said TRAE IS A SUPERSTAR YOU MEAN ANOTHER ONE? 

And Cody in box 📦 5 at 15:25 not sure if he was being sarcastic but he said he’s watched a lot of winning time and see’s how NBA owners live their life and assume Ressler is the same 😂 I couldn’t tell my his tone if he was being sarcastic or what?

• Like 1

SOLUTIONS IF YOU DON'T WIN:

1- Since you can't fire the entire team you do the next best thing - You fire the head coach.

Because the current GM and majority owner wants to stand by Nate, this option is void.

2- Shuffle, flush the roster.  This seems to be the plan.  Most of us here on the Squawk wanted Nate to give some time to our two draft picks from last summer.  He didn't.  Does this mean that either one or both will leave the Hawk nest?  What about our current draft picks coming up soon?  If they aren't useful, why bother?  

3- Should some of the assistant coaches be replaced since we apparently can't replace Nate?  Well, someone has to take some of the blame.  Either they weren't doing a great job or Nate wasn't willing to listen and take their advice.  

4- Will any players retire?  Maybe.  We just have to wait and see because we really don't know.

🧑‍🔧Fixing it!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Thoughts on Portis as a FA? @JayBirdHawk  Big, thick and juicy with a spicy 🌶 attitude to boot. You know .. like you.. :aaa: … 🏃‍♀️ 

I thought he just resigned?

I stand corrected.  He has a PO.    Thing is that he Loves Milwaukee.. and they love him.  I would love to have him though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I thought he just resigned?

I stand corrected.  He has a PO.    Thing is that he Loves Milwaukee.. and they love him.  I would love to have him though. 

He took a pay cut last off season to stay in Milwaukee and the way he talks about them I wouldn’t be shocked if he took another team friendly deal. 
I think it’s safe to say he will be a buck for a long time.