• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, shakes said:

I stick with my earlier prediction that nothing is going to happen and the best player we end up getting is Harrison Barnes or someone at that level.

Then we'll hear a nice spin job from Travis that sounds liek Diesel wrote it about how last year was a fluke because unlike any other teams in the NBA we had to deal with Covid and injuries and how we just need to run it back healthy and we'll be fine.

And some of you will buy into that nonsense.

Atlanta doesn't want Barnes unless they get a 4 or a high lottery pick. That's not happening. Sacramento doesn't value JC like that and Atlanta doesn't value Barnes at all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

Kirschner is good at reporting and asking questions but not good at prognostication. If Gobert wasn’t on super max every team in the league would want to trade for him and he wouldn’t be available. Players become available because teams don’t see enough value or see conflict. 

Facts!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

If Gobert wasn’t on super max every team in the league would want to trade for him and he wouldn’t be available.

To his not-especially-well-explained point, though, it's a different calculation depending on your current roster's payroll relative to the tax threshold relative to whether you consider your current roster a contender.

That is, it so clamps down on your flexibility, you have to be 100% sold that this is your Kareem, this is your Shaq, ie, this is that guy who is going to put you over the top.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Hawks didn’t get it done in the playoffs and were healthy enough to compete.

(Oh boy... are we going to do the MIA discussion in a rumor thread again???... hehe... )

No. We weren't healthy. That's asinine. That's all I'm saying here out of respect to the theme of the thread. 🙂

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

If we could somehow come out of this offseason with a Big 3 of -

Trae/Murray/Ayton

That's a massive W. Extra credit if we can keep Hunter/OO in the process, but I'm guessing one would be gone.

There is no way we have the capital to get Murray and Ayton. I doubt Murray is even on market. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

There is no way we have the capital to get Murray and Ayton. I doubt Murray is even on market. 

He's not but SA have listened to offers.

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

If I had to ask Travis one thing right now it would be.. If Ainge lowers his asking for Gobert to your level do you take him now or wait until Ayton is available but risk Ayton signing with Detroit into cap space.

Utah is pretty much like Atlanta. They take hardlines. Can you meet it, if you can't they won't do the deal.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Chris saying Atlanta isn't willing to give Ayton a max is NOT what's being said around the league. 

To my knowledge, you've never characterized your source's deer stand that allows him (or her?) the benefit of surveying the field as s/he does--it's truly a curious thing to think that one person would be so embedded in all that is being said that we learn some substantive and accurate insights based on what you're told. But imo, there's no denying that that intel has ended up being substantiated often enough that, calling it "curious" shouldn't be taken to mean "unreliable." It's genuinely just "curious." I can only make any sense of it if your friend is in IT and has some access to communication that s/he'd get fired if it ever came to light s/he was sharing.

That, to say... Kirschner's intel almost certainly is limited to what Hawks staffers want him to know... or think.

Advantage: Supes' contact

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

As true as this may be, and as your second sentence suggests, the guy's all-NBA and not off reputation.  That tells me, as you also mention, folks need to fkng get over the defensive deficiencies and how "hard it is to build around" him.

It's maddening to listen to folks only say the first part.

Trae lack of defense gets excuses made around the league for Kevin and Bogi.

9 minutes ago, sturt said:

To my knowledge, you've never characterized your source's deer stand that allows him (or her?) the benefit of surveying the field as s/he does--it's truly a curious thing to think that one person would be so embedded in all that is being said that we learn some substantive and accurate insights based on what you're told. But imo, there's no denying that that intel has ended up being substantiated often enough that, calling it "curious" shouldn't be taken to mean "unreliable." It's genuinely just "curious." I can only make any sense of it if your friend is in IT and has some access to communication that s/he'd get fired if it ever came to light s/he was sharing.

That, to say... Kirschner's intel almost certainly is limited to what Hawks staffers want him to know... or think.

Advantage: Supes' contact

Ayton reps know who wants to give him a max deal and teams talk. 

38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Chris saying Atlanta isn't willing to give Ayton a max is NOT what's being said around the league. 

This is Atlanta's media retaliation.  They are putting out what they want put out.  Maybe I need to read the story before saying that though (rofl). 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

The weeks leading up to the draft are the only times I regret not renewing my Athletic subscription. 

50 minutes ago, sturt said:

Most substantive comments from Kirschner...

I take it back, even this wasn't very good. Not renewing was the right decision. 

53 minutes ago, shakes said:

I stick with my earlier prediction that nothing is going to happen and the best player we end up getting is Harrison Barnes or someone at that level.

Then we'll hear a nice spin job from Travis that sounds liek Diesel wrote it about how last year was a fluke because unlike any other teams in the NBA we had to deal with Covid and injuries and how we just need to run it back healthy and we'll be fine.

And some of you will buy into that nonsense.

.download.jpg.18b42de930798774ce05522feb7f899b.jpg

Edited by terrell