• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

There is no deal for me with Okongwu in it. Not for Murray. He's not Durant. 

You add picks, they said they want a Jrue Holiday like deal. Do it. 

Well I hope you’re right and I’m wrong. Maybe if the spurs are still in love with Bogi we add a JC + Bogi and future first rd picks

11 minutes ago, JTB said:

Funny because I mentioned getting Murray would cost us JC AND OO like 10 pages ago when it was first mentioned on this board.

I love the Murray pairing but I know to get him the spurs are going to rob a team and that team may be us!

OO+JC +Picks…..sheesh and I kept asking is Murray worth it for us to have a disaster at PF. Guess that question is about to be answered soon.

You did say this....lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JTB said:

Yea but it literally creates another big hole at PF.

Exactly. Delusional. Murray ain't worth that. I think some doofuses are so happy to get a guard as thats their #1 dream, everyone is expendable in their eyes. They forget. This is a big man type team that plays through our bigs and quality bigs are hard to find in this league.

Don't get it twisted, I don't mind trading Okongwu for Murray but that's it. If you want picks or other players, you don't want Okongwu then. It's that simple.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Simple analysis.

Do you win the trade.

Not "do I get new toys."

Do. You. Win. The. Trade.

I don't see it in what we're hearing so far.

JC's value is not this inferior... even barely... to one-year wonder Murray's... this time last year, people were even questioning what SAS could get for the guy.

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Simple analysis.

Do you win the trade.

Not "do I get new toys."

Do. You. Win. The. Trade.

I don't see it in what we're hearing so far.

JC's value is not this inferior... even barely... to one-year wonder Murray's... this time last year, people were even questioning what SAS could get for the guy.

But Murray's skillset next to Trae is the perfect compliment.  Murrary can guard 1 -3.  Playmake, attack the rim.  His three point shooting is the only real question, but he's a decent spot up shooter and Trae can get him those.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Is Murray really that great?. His shooting splits are meh, and this last year is the only year of his career he has averaged more than 20 PPG. Didnt get SAS to the playoffs. Good player, dont think he's worth a godfather offer. 

When I proposed the Hawks trade for Murray back in December, I had the Hawks giving up Hunter, Okongwu and Huerter to the Spurs for Murray.  I knew it would take that much to get Murray and ship him to the Nets for Kyrie. The trade on the table basically substitutes Collins for Hunter and a draft pick for Huerter.  My thinking now is the Spurs want to draft TyTy Washington from Kentucky to run the backcourt and that pick from the Hawks is being used somewhere else.

Edited by Hawkmoor

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Exactly. Delusional. Murray ain't worth that. I think some doofuses are so happy to get a guard as thats their #1 dream, everyone is expendable in their eyes. They forget. This is a big man type team that plays through our bigs and quality bigs are hard to find in this league.

Don't get it twisted, I don't mind trading Okongwu for Murray but that's it. If you want picks or other players, you don't want Okongwu then. It's that simple.

Exactly that’s why I didn’t get as excited as I wanted to get because I just don’t believe it’s going to be a fair trade and then the fact that Trae plays through his bigs is a big deal in all of this. Can’t give up JC and OO in the same deal even if we got gobert or Ayton losing both OO and JC would hurt …a lot.

it would be a big ass hole that’s hard to overcome even if you upgrade SG and Center positions .