• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Poetl was my dude during fantasy basketball.  For the most part, reliable as hell and good for a double-double at least every other night.

When Schlenk was spending his free agent money two summers ago, Poetl was on my shopping list.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Trae plays through the bigs. You gotta keep one. 

Ya'll underestimate Trae.  He can play through anybody.  But the big thing is that the wings have to look to getting Trae the ball when he's open off the ball.  That extra pass that Trae always makes, needs to be coming back to him sometimes too.

With Murray, he'll see a lot of those extra passes coming back his way.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, smoove31210 said:

If Schlenk trades both OO and Collins for Murray....then he needs to get a U-Haul and pack his shiieet and go with them!

Nah, proven talent over potential any day. Murray is an all nba level player while onyeka is currently bench level. Sacrificing depth for star power is always worth it, especially in this case if we could land Gobert.

Backup center matters a lot less when Rudy will play 35-38 min in the playoffs. 

A Trae/Murray/Hunter/JJ/Rudy lineup is insane (being very high on JJ._.). I admit not having an established 4 in the starting lineup isn't ideal... But sometimes you live with having a great meal even if it's a bit softer than ya like 🐝 go jackets 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JTB said:

I’m still baffled the spurs are even considering doing this. Something just seems off….

Could be them selling high for more picks.   Like right after Jrue left there was a calm before the storm for NOP. Also they’ve tried so many guys at PF for years.

https://www.poundingtherock.com/platform/amp/2022/5/2/23025532/the-spurs-offseason-may-pivot-around-the-power-forward-position-and-how-they-define-it

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, akay said:

Nah, proven talent over potential any day. Murray is an all nba level player while onyeka is currently bench level. Sacrificing depth for star power is always worth it, especially in this case if we could land Gobert.

Backup center matters a lot less when Rudy will play 35-38 min in the playoffs. 

A Trae/Murray/Hunter/JJ/Rudy lineup is insane (being very high on JJ._.). I admit not having an established 4 in the starting lineup isn't ideal... But sometimes you live with having a great meal even if it's a bit softer than ya like 🐝 go jackets 

You delusional then. Trade all of your PFs for a wing will just leave a massive hole at PF and don't expect no scrub to fill in

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Lol Soth never acknowledged that though 

Okay... I suppose I misinterpreted "If this is the secret trade we weren't allowed to talk about... " as him slyly admitting it was... @Sothron care to weigh in???

And while you're at it, any update on the conviction that, one way or another, Capela is still gone...?

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Ya'll underestimate Trae.  He can play through anybody.  But the big thing is that the wings have to look to getting Trae the ball when he's open off the ball.  That extra pass that Trae always makes, needs to be coming back to him sometimes too.

With Murray, he'll see a lot of those extra passes coming back his way.

You always on that bullshit. He's been playing through bigs when we had clowns like Damien Jones, Jabari Parker, and that skinny tall dude getting minutes. Trae uses bigs a lot and so does Murray and you want to trade them. Hell no

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You delusional then. Trade all of your PFs for a wing will just leave a massive hole at PF and don't expect no scrub to fill in

OO is our backup C..

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

You always on that bullshit. He's been playing through bigs when we had clowns like Damien Jones, Jabari Parker, and that skinny tall dude getting minutes. Trae uses bigs a lot and so does Murray and you want to trade them. Hell no

CC? Hell resign Dedmon for backup.. lol. Trae even played well through him..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

So wait.

You mean, right now anyhow, none of our guys with insight are telling us the Murray thing has legs based on their intel?

Uh.

Well. if you're not telling me that Shams or Woj has reported anything on it (?)... I'm a bit baffled why we've spent the last hour(?) talking as-if this is on the cusp of reality.

1 minute ago, sturt said:

So wait.

You mean, right now anyhow, none of our guys with insight are telling us the Murray thing has legs based on their intel?

Uh.

Well. if you're not telling me that Shams or Woj has reported anything on it (?)... I'm a bit baffled why we've spent the last hour(?) talking as-if this is on the cusp of reality.

I haven't gotten anything outside of a happy birthday message. He's been busy event planning for tomorrow 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@Wretch OO involved? Your thoughts? 🎙 

I'm more concerned about how much is going out then I am about OO.  Issa lot...  I think a deal centered on one or the other of JC/OO is enough and I'm comfortable.  Trae and Murry is hand in glove.  Every box checked.  Holy sh!t.............

Oh man, I don't even want to think about this right now!

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If you look at Camps post Murray checks all those boxes. He has that dawg in him. He won't let other teams punk Trae.

I won't get excited until it happens and see what it costs though. 

Um. Not really. Camp's very last thing as I recall was that Hawks FO had figured out a new angle that would allow them to keep Collins. I can go look it up, but I posted about it earlier, so I know 100% that's what he said.

And it's not like there aren't many players in the league who might be considered dogs.