• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member

Told y’all nothing would happen.   Y’all a bunch of Charlie Brown’s, keep trying to kick that ball every time someone posts some nonsense rumor that’s clearly a bunch of BS.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Sothron said:

That was a non answer about JC.  If you were definitely keeping him you would be way more forceful in how you wanted to word that.

Nah.. Landry talks as soft as he played...

Although he had that.. "Damn I'm caught" look on his face. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So we were the good guys, doing business the right way, with honor and integrity. They were the ones being deceitful, duplicitous and manipulative. I feel morally superior now.

Oh stop, we all know you got no morals. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

We can close down this thread. This admin isn't going to make a big splash via trade or free agency. It's gonna be "we love our guys" and "we feel good about where we are" and "we are building through the draft".

Placing my bet right now that Ayton, Gobert, Lavine, KD, Kyrie, or any other top 50 player isn't getting traded or signing here this season or next.

Our biggest move will be waiving Gallo and staying under the tax.

Autism6.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

We can close down this thread. This admin isn't going to make a big splash via trade or free agency. It's gonna be "we love our guys" and "we feel good about where we are" and "we are building through the draft".

Placing my bet right now that Ayton, Gobert, Lavine, KD, Kyrie, or any other top 50 player isn't getting traded or signing here this season or next.

Our biggest move will be waiving Gallo and staying under the tax.

It's not too late trade to trade JC for Harrison Barnes and a future lottery protected 1st.

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

So the potential deal for Murray is still possible and yes, that was the super secret deal they were working on. Right now the ball is in SAS court. Their asking price is still a bit high from a Hawks perspective. Their is interest from a Hawks perspective but not at a highway robbery price. The deal was weird. It was a "we could work something with this guy if you're interested" but then the negotiating tactic moved to our guy for your guy and a boat load of picks and a prospect.

The Hawks wanted this done to be able to make their decision on Gallo easier.  SAS tried holding the Hawks feet to the fire knowing the Hawks are up against the Gallo deadline on the 29th.

The Murray talk was initiated by SAS in response to other potential deals the Hawks had discussed for Collins. Then leaked to the media in the week before the draft to try and force the Hawks back to the table.

The media reports of "the Hawks are looking to move Collins on draft night" and "hot to move off Collins" stories were mostly pushed from Detroit (create competition that didn't exist for Grant) and SAS in an attempt to lower the value of Collins.

The Hawks discussed the potential trade with John ahead of time to gauge his interest, give him a feel.  The conversation was well received and Collins' agent was kept in the loop the whole time (as much as they could). The Hawks went about the whole thing classy from a player perspective. It was SAS and Detroit that tried leveraging the media and made it media awkward in the end.

It needs to happen before free agency. One of you insiders source told you guys to "expect fireworks during draft" something along those lines. That led to my disappointment last night

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

So the potential deal for Murray is still possible and yes, that was the super secret deal they were working on. Right now the ball is in SAS court. Their asking price is still a bit high from a Hawks perspective. Their is interest from a Hawks perspective but not at a highway robbery price. The deal was weird. It was a "we could work something with this guy if you're interested" but then the negotiating tactic moved to our guy for your guy and a boat load of picks and a prospect.

The Hawks wanted this done to be able to make their decision on Gallo easier.  SAS tried holding the Hawks feet to the fire knowing the Hawks are up against the Gallo deadline on the 29th.

The Murray talk was initiated by SAS in response to other potential deals the Hawks had discussed for Collins. Then leaked to the media in the week before the draft to try and force the Hawks back to the table.

The media reports of "the Hawks are looking to move Collins on draft night" and "hot to move off Collins" stories were mostly pushed from Detroit (create competition that didn't exist for Grant) and SAS in an attempt to lower the value of Collins.

The Hawks discussed the potential trade with John ahead of time to gauge his interest, give him a feel.  The conversation was well received and Collins' agent was kept in the loop the whole time (as much as they could). The Hawks went about the whole thing classy from a player perspective. It was SAS and Detroit that tried leveraging the media and made it media awkward in the end.

Cue the Cinderella as background music as you read the following if you choose to read...........

cinderella_dont-know-what-you-got-(till-

Honestly, I can't see John not emotionally exhausted... supposedly, after he was signed to his new contract, this stuff was going to calm down, but it just continues.

And I can't see John and his agent not privately insulted by the idea that he's not enough of an asset on his own to be worth an asset that, for now, is only a one-year wonder and who this time last year was generally thought to be overpaid.

Me, I think we're paying John exactly what he should be paid. And I think John is as close to what you should want in pretty much every respect, on the floor and off, in the player playing his position.

I've said it before, for John's benefit, I'd like to see Hawks trade him already... ship him where he can, at least for a couple of years, feel appreciated and develop into a regular candidate for ASG status.

Selfishly, I rue the day.

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Kinda wish you hadn't bothered, my friend. Some people kinda show who they are by the words they choose, and with that, whether they're actually deserving of your or anyone's respectful adult response. Almost none if not none of us who have been part of this community for any length of time fail to understand you're genuine, and don't purposefully mislead or want to call attention to yourself. Almost all if not all of us appreciate your every post.

All .... all these words ... so ... confusing ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e4797pa0i3oalhxahz5be

(Kidding, I fully agree with your sentiment.  But apparently there's a 'gif of the day' trophy and I aim to winit some day.)

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I know, I know... should've dispensed with the words, and just "said"...

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

One of you insiders source told you guys to "expect fireworks during draft" something along those lines. That led to my disappointment last night

R.181fed9678ee6da2dadbc9633be8621e?rik=U

(And just for future reference, Mariah will always be weak sauce compared to the impeccable Mike Woodson.)

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

(Kidding, I fully agree with your sentiment.  But apparently there's a 'gif of the day' trophy and I aim to winit some day.)

for real ? 

oh-really.gif

....going for it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, thecampster said:

That was me and unfortunately I can only report what I'm told. What I was told was we should be "hearing" something tonight about a previously unreported deal the team was trying to keep secret.  That is exactly what happened. We heard there was a previously unreported deal for Murray just a few hours later, confirmed by numerous members of the media. I don't know what you want or think is fair.

A quick recap.

Beginning in April/early May we broke the story about Ayton or Gobert to Atlanta and included some framework around it.  About a month later, the media picked up the same rumors.

End of May, the link of LaVine to Atlanta.  The media started reporting on it 10 days later (ish).

Withheld because we couldn't verify details, June 9th the story about Atlanta having a secret deal with a team for an all-star. Shared with private members of the board for a heads up a week+ later.  Discussed openly starting on the 22nd.  A few hours later, the story broke in the media about the Hawks and Spurs in talks for Murray.

The problem, I'm not the GM. I can't control what they do but we do have sources that know about what's being talked about, who is being targeted. No one knows the future but there are people who have the dirt.  I'm very cautious with what I share because of comments just like yours. As I've said before, I've heard lots of things I didn't share because I knew they couldn't work financially or didn't make sense value wise. A few times, I've been wrong but the conservative approach has saved me from comments like this.  

We aren't predicting what is going to happen. This isn't crystal ball stuff. What we are doing is giving you pulse statements. Especially when it comes to the Hawks, those turn out to be right, reported in the media, fairly often. If I or anyone else caused you emotional harm, I apologize. I know you pay good money for my services and I of course only want satisfied customers.

FYI i wasnt blaming anyone or anything like that LOL. I was just saying someone said expect fireworks and I was disappointed when Chris tweeted that JC would have lived to see another day. I still think a deal for him will be done soon whether thats a week from now or 2. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sturt said:

Kinda wish you hadn't bothered, my friend. Some people kinda show who they are by the words they choose, and with that, whether they're actually deserving of your or anyone's respectful adult response. Almost none if not none of us who have been part of this community for any length of time fail to understand you're genuine, and don't purposefully mislead or want to call attention to yourself. Almost all if not all of us appreciate your every post.

Bruh nobody was coming at him. You guys taking this way more seriously. I didn't know which insider said it and I wasn't gonna search through the posts to find it so I said " one of the insiders on here said ..."