• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

1 minute ago, MarylandHawk said:

I am gonna save this post and bring it back up when we win a championship with Trae. Book it. 

Go ahead. Unless Trae grows up and learns how to play with some common sense, I'll stand by my comment. 

If you are being trapped, the last thing you want to do is dribble over to the sideline and help your opponent trap you. He's too short to pass out of a trap.

You don't pound the ball on the floor until time has just about run out and then either turn it over or hoist up some wild off balance shot.  

What is the deal with the love of pounding the ball on the floor?

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Watchman said:

He's not listening to anyone.  Someday people will figure out that we will never win a championship with Trae as our number one player.  Or not...they'll continue to live in denial.

We had a chance to win one just last year with him. This pessimism towards our franchise player who isn't going anywhere any time soon(in the next decade) is strange.

Surround Trae with a secondary scorer, an elite rim protector, and defense first players at the 3/4, and that's a championship caliber starting 5.

We currently have the elite rim protector, have a good defensive 3 in Hunter, and of course Trae Young in our starting line up. Just need to complete the Murray trade and get a defensive 4 and that's a contender!

We realistically could be fighting for a championship within the next 2 years, and I really believe we'll make it to the top with Trae.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’d like to suggest what you could do with it but I believe it might be against forum rules.

hehe... never stopped you before... why the reluctance this time?

(And. I continue to be only half-interested/invested in the issue raised, which probably is a major reason for the tears of confusion.)

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Watchman said:

Go ahead. Unless Trae grows up and learns how to play with some common sense, I'll stand by my comment. 

If you are being trapped, the last thing you want to do is dribble over to the sideline and help your opponent trap you. He's too short to pass out of a trap.

You don't pound the ball on the floor until time has just about run out and then either turn it over or hoist up some wild off balance shot.  

The deal with Trae dribbling is no one else in the starting line up has a good handle or the confidence to drive to attack/playmake.

I am sure Trae is more aware than anyone how he needs the ball out of his hands, and it's been the main focus of our off season target, a la the secret trade Mr. Sothron described a while ago for Murray.

• Thanks 4

Just now, sturt said:

hehe... never stopped you before... why the reluctance this time?

(And. I continue to be only half-interested/invested in the issue raised, which probably is a major reason for the tears of confusion.)

No confusion.

I’ll lay it out for you.

Spud: Called BIG O and Griff

Camp: Has said Huerter is great in shoot around and a ball shagger and that’s why we should keep him around.

:hmm:

The end.

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

You have no idea how close to 100% true that is.  

He is seen as very cocky and arrogant. It hurts him with officials for sure and with the older players.

Yeah probably the same older players who talked trash about him when he first came into the league.   The Media was pumping Trae up , as the next Steph Curry, then when he struggled out the gate they started saying this guy is nothing like Steph.  I don't blame Trae for playing the role as the Villain, you get back the same energy you give out to someone.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I just find it funny people think "Trae being our #1 player" is apparently all thats kept us from winning it all.

The future hall of fame point guard being the reason we're not a contender is a fun one to talk about 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Sothron said:

FWIW based off his comments I do think the Murray situation was our secret trade. Source said the talks are not dead on Murray. Apparently we're engaging the Nets still on KD talks and until the Brooklyn situation is sorted out it is putting a pause on other talks. They did confirm the report that the Hawks had talks with several teams about Collins as genuine. 

I am not stating the Murray trade was the secret trade as a fact simply that is my informed opinion. I'm curious if @thecampster and @NBASupes feel the same way.

The part in bold makes me so mad! Not because you are reporting it but because it sounds like a terrible idea for FO and I do believe it’s 100% true they trying to see what happens with KD….I just think it’s an extremely dumbass move as I do not believe we are truly a team a player of KDs caliber wants to go to.

just silly to waste all this time but I can see Landry and Schlenk sitting in a big ass conference room jumping on the phone every second to see what KD and the nets are thinking.

im so annoyed….again not at you Soth but how they are going about this. I hope schlenk knows this is not GS.

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I did get some information. That KD and the Nets would prefer to work it out and hope Kyrie can come to an agreement. 

Atlanta is likely out on Ayton. Trae really vouched for Capela and make it clear he wants to continue playing with him for the long haul. This is Trae play. 

Glad to hear from your source that KD and the nets are going to work it out so now maybe Landry and Schlenk can stop wasting time on unrealistic possibilities. This is tough to hear that Trae isn’t pushing for an Ayton trade. I get the love for capela but Trae would really benefit from having a scoring center. I guess knowing this I will put the Ayton possibilities to rest unless something changes.

4 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I'm gonna be honest

Around the entire league Trae is not well liked. Not that he has to be of course, I don't want some buddy buddy type shit. But I mean to the point where good players probably don't wanna come play with him.

That’s what I hate about this era. Everyone wants to be friends even on the court. Smh 

Just now, akay said:

The future hall of fame point guard being the reason we're not a contender is a fun one to talk about 😋

No, the problem is that he doesn't have enough sense (or is too stubborn) to use his extraordinary abilities to benefit the team to the extent that he could.

• Confused 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I understand the frustration but i think we are way too familiar with watching Trae's every play.   Did you see CP3 turning the ball over in the playoffs?   Every player has weaknesses even the greats.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, akay said:

What are you basing this off of? Trae seems to have plenty of friends and people who recognize his game around the league.

IMO this is fairly accurate.  He's friendly with a lot of younger guys in the league, but for the most part, vets don't really go out of their way to dap him up after games and generally dont seem to give him respect (KD is actually a big exception here but I think that's because he's such a bball purist, just respects Trae's game).  I'm not saying ppl treat him like a leper or anything but he's definitely not buddy buddy with a lot of vets... I actually don't care though and see it as a positive because the culture seems to be "kiss my ass and I'll kiss yours" and Trae is stubborn and on the cocky/arrogant side.  I like that about him and think it's what makes him good and drives him to get better.  My source on this is mostly just watching the interactions after home games

• Like 2

1 minute ago, akay said:

I'm confused on what you mean, what more do you think he can do in his current capacity?

I am very sure there's a chart or stat out there that shows that Trae creates the most/easiest looks for his teammates than anyone else in the league.

If you're referring to him holding the ball a lot, you can thank Kevin for being too timid to drive and attack. Trae does not have any reliable secondary options around him, really not sure what you expect him to do

All I can tell you is that I don't expect him to dribble the ball in a stationary position until there is not enough time to start something up.  Why not start 5 seconds or more sooner?  It's too easy to surround him when he doesn't move, and he cannot always pass the ball out of the trap. Again, part of the problem is Nate's lack of use of a motion offense.  Trae's teammates don't come toward him when he gets in a trap situation, and that is a coaching problem.  I have never seen even a high school team that doesn't come to help their teammate out.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JTB said:

That’s what I hate about this era. Everyone wants to be friends even on the court. Smh 

People were friends back in the 70's, 80's, and 90's as well. This rose colored view of the past game being "tougher" I just have never understood. 

Though speaking of toughness, it would be wonderful to get some guys with passion and energy on our team. I know Murray has that in him 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No confusion.

I’ll lay it out for you.

Spud: Called BIG O and Griff

Camp: Has said Huerter is great in shoot around and a ball shagger and that’s why we should keep him around.

:hmm:

The end.

Oh. Okay. You want credit for correctly predicting who Schlenk would draft.

I've no problem with that.

Pardon the observation, but I think we have to assume it has less to do with your keen insight that led you to those predictions (and I take you at your word, since it doesn't really interest me to go look it up), more to do with sheer luck.

So, I'm happy for you. In the same way I'm happy that a friend recently bought a lottery ticket and won $5.

And yeah, coming from you especially b/c you and I have had so many discussions, and you actually once came around to share the appropriate conclusion... only to spin yourself back out of it somehow...  it's a reflection of your character that you purposely2022-06-24_11-57-27.png   on an NBA legend's right to his own nickname... yes, even for just shucks and giggles.

I don't make those rules. I just know what they are, and I don't try to pretend they aren't.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, akay said:

People were friends back in the 70's, 80's, and 90's as well. This rose colored view of the past game being "tougher" I just have never understood. 

Though speaking of toughness, it would be wonderful to get some guys with passion and energy on our team. I know Murray has that in him 

Well that was a foul on Murray LOL.   That said i doubt anyone is going to back down from James.   

• Like 2

Just now, akay said:

So sounds like it's not really as much a Trae Young problem as it is a coaching/system issue lol

It may be, but we change coaches every time we turn around.  We had one of the best coaches and ran him off.  We saw the improvement that Nate brought over Lloyd, but learned that it was because he continued to use Lloyd's sets.  When he converted to his own sets, we played like a tanking team again.

• Moderators
Just now, Watchman said:

It may be, but we change coaches every time we turn around.  We had one of the best coaches and ran him off.  We saw the improvement that Nate brought over Lloyd, but learned that it was because he continued to use Lloyd's sets.  When he converted to his own sets, we played like a tanking team again.

Issues with Nate's offense are overblown i think.   Yeah i prefer what Bud and Kerr do but in the end it's about players who can score.   injured bogi, passive kev and hunter killed us this year.