• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Exactly. Then look at the glowing description of the Charlotte guys:  Terry Rozier as a dynamic secondary .....the length and defensive chaos of Kelly Oubre Jr. ...., Washington is a floor-stretching big who can slot in as a small-ball center. :laugh1:

Schlenk was gonna draft PJ if Reddish was gone.. Just sayin.... Seems hes been looking for another PF for a min....(see OO and JJ)

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Schlenk was gonna draft PJ if Reddish was gone.. Just sayin.... Seems hes been looking for another PF for a min....(see OO and JJ)

It's true, and I'm guessing the reason for that is Trae/JC don't jive well off the court and Schlenk understand how much chemistry matters.  There were reports a long time ago that JC/Trae were "beefing" or something and HAwks fans dismissed it

4 hours ago, sturt said:

I think we all probably recall (?) that it's been said that SAS actually likes BogBog.

I say we make a deal that targets, rather than their PG who they overvalue by quite a bit, Keldon Johnson or Devin Vassell, both of whom just got some competition for their jobs from the draft... especially Johnson, since they already have 14 other SGs on the roster anyhow.

KJ was playing PF for them..

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, terrell said:

KJ was playing PF for them..

I stand corrected... I should have said "6-5 guys" instead. But yeah SAS fans I've read are expecting their top 2 draft picks to get minutes.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

It's true, and I'm guessing the reason for that is Trae/JC don't jive well off the court and Schlenk understand how much chemistry matters.  There were reports a long time ago that JC/Trae were "beefing" or something and HAwks fans dismissed it

Because that "beef" was a disagreement during film session that Chris Kirchner blew out of proportion. The very next game after the beef rumors started, both of them made a show of dapping each other up after the game and showing they were fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

we got to pay him the max in two years.

Man oh man.

If you could guarantee me that he'd have played so well that we'd have to pay him the max in two years?

That makes a huge difference in my attitude toward the out-go in the deal. Huge.

But therein lies the core of the problem. One year of excellent play, and you want me to give up a practically equivalent talent who is a true asset off the court as well plus significantly more.

As we used to say back in West by-Gawd Virginie...

That dog don't hunt.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, akay said:

Because that "beef" was a disagreement during film session that Chris Kirchner blew out of proportion. The very next game after the beef rumors started, both of them made a show of dapping each other up after the game and showing they were fine.

I believe that. I don't know it. But I believe it.

And I believe it more only because it's been so self-evident that Kirschner's been on a mission to vindicate his perspective ever since. Few things would make him happier than to see Collins moved, so he could claim it's all about Trae's attitude toward John.

13 minutes ago, sturt said:

Man oh man.

If you could guarantee me that he'd have played so well that we'd have to pay him the max in two years?

That makes a huge difference in my attitude toward the out-go in the deal. Huge.

But therein lies the core of the problem. One year of excellent play, and you want me to give up a practically equivalent talent who is a true asset off the court as well plus significantly more.

As we used to say back in West by-Gawd Virginie...

That dog don't hunt.

You banking on a non-fact like it's a guarantee when the only guarantee is it will be extremely expensive. 

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You banking on a non-fact like it's a guarantee when the only guarantee is it will be extremely expensive. 

Seems you mighta missed three words, Supes... hehe...

25 minutes ago, sturt said:

If you could

9 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

1st of all , those teams were as bad as they were because he missed a bunch of games and plus his head coach was less than Stella to put it mildly.  And secondly, 34-48 ain't exactly winning basketball.

I said nothing about murray so bringing up his record means nothing I said Collins isn’t a 20/10 guy and to combat that you bring up Murray. And Collins misses games every year…..literally. Not just those years 

3 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Bouknight to ATL ???

No clue on the source so grain of salt obviously lol

That actually makes sense. Because Joe Harris makes no sense for us

Bouknight is someone Travis had a lot of interest in and Hornets have a lot of cap space. The Nets been wanting JC as well. He would fit with Simmons and Durant. 

A future 1st and Bouknight, I could rock with that. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

We wouldn't want Harris when we already got Kevin and Bogi. You could replace Cam with Sharpe

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-26-2022_5-11-37PM.png

This gives Atlanta a legit backup 5 for Capela. 

Edited by NBASupes

Just now, gurpilo said:

This is a terrible trade for Atlanta, Bouknight and a 1st? I prefer to keep JC

It gives us a good prospect and a 20-25 1st rounder. A couple of rotational bigs. I don't know if we can do better. 

• Sad 2